My Lords, Ladies and Marjorie

My Lords, Ladies and Marjorie (Edwardian Candlelight #13)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Miss Marjorie Montmorency-James was very lovely, very young, and very impressionable. Which is why she fell in love with Lord Philip's picture in the newspaper. Until then, she had only fantasized about a mysterious, shadowy lover whose features were never quite clear.

Now she had a real live nobleman to dream about. Little did she suspect that she would soon meet Lord Phil...more
Published December 1st 1993 by Severn House Publishers (first published October 1981)

Damaskcat
Marjorie Montmerency-Jones is an heiress – but her money comes from trade so she may not be acceptable to high society. Marjorie herself is a very good mimic and when she has her first season she starts to imitate young women about her with results which are far from being what she intended. She falls in love with Lord Philip but his unofficial fiancée decides to eliminate the competition – permanently.

I started off thinking Marjorie was just a stupid little girl but I gradually warmed to her an...more
Lynne Tull
This is one of the few books/series I would read again. These stories of Marion Chesney started me on my adventure...reading Regency Romance/Novels/History! There is not a set of books that will teach you more about the basics about life in Regency England. There are six series with six books each. I love them all. It must be a "past life" thing:)
Marisa Valle
I just re-read this one and I forgot how annoying Marjorie was through most of the book. Phillip is a cad and she must be blind not to see it but fortunately she eventually grows up and realizes the person she should have chosen all along.
Beth Sullivan
Always enjoy Beaton
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Shana Wolfe
Shana Wolfe marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
tacitus
tacitus marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
BookwormWithGoggles
BookwormWithGoggles marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Denice
Denice marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Yvonne Thompson
Yvonne Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Ljb
Ljb marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Jane Beardsworth
Jane Beardsworth marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marion Chesney Gibbons
aka: Ann Fairfax, Jennie Tremaine, Helen Crampton, Charlotte Ward, M.C. Beaton, Sarah Chester.

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottish Daily Mail to review variety shows and quickly...more
More about Marion Chesney...
Snobbery With Violence Hasty Death Sick of Shadows (An Edwardian Murder Mystery #3) Our Lady of Pain (An Edwardian Murder Mystery #4) Lady Fortescue Steps Out