Start by marking “Needle and Thread (Main Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
Needle and Thread (Main Street, #2)

Needle and Thread (Main Street #2)

Autumn comes to Camden Falls -- bringing new friends, new teachers, new worries, and new challenges.
It's autumn in Camden Falls, and Flora and Ruby are just starting to settle into the town. Flora is worried about spending the first Thanksgiving without their parents. Ruby is worried about getting a part in her school musical. And their new friends, Olivia and Nikki, are
Published August 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Needle and Thread, please sign up.

Jessie
Feb 08, 2009 Jessie added it
i just started it
Rachel Brand
Jul 26, 2012 Rachel Brand rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy this quite as much as the first book, but this is still a really cute series. My main gripe is that, because of the choppy story-telling that jumps between different characters and often takes an omniscient look at all the characters, I'm not entirely sure what age this book would be suitable for. I read the Babysitters Club books when I was about eight, but they were far more structured. But would this book seem too babyish to someone a bit older? I'm also not sure how the sewing ...more
Claire
Jul 31, 2016 Claire rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Sep 15, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is a fun series for young girls. There are a lot of characters with interesting backgrounds and stories that are constantly evolving.
Ann M. Martin is wonderful at writing books that match seasons. These books are great at making the reader get the feeling of the season that the book is taking place in. I especially love her books that take place in fall. She weaves in descriptions of change that make you long for that time of year.
This one was my favorite of the series because it had some
Hanna
Jun 08, 2010 Hanna rated it it was amazing
The Main Street series by Ann M. Martin is a series I would recomend to anyone! It is one of my most favorite series that I have ever read! It is a story of 2 girls journey as they begin to live with their Grandma in Camden Falls. They meet new friends, work at their grandmas store and help others in need as they go to their first year of school in Camden Falls and fun summers!!! I give this book, author, and series 5 stars!
Kaylin
Mar 24, 2014 Kaylin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
These Main Street books are great! The first chapter hooks me into Martin's Main Street series. I think that this book is very detailed and starts off at the place it ended before.
Brooke
Jun 22, 2015 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Preteen/Early Teenager
I love this book in the series also! I bought this book when I bought the third book too. Loved it at 13 and still love it now.
Lola
Jul 06, 2016 Lola rated it it was ok
A Review In Four Words

Enjoyable but ultimately forgettable.
Hailey
Jul 18, 2014 Hailey rated it it was amazing
It was a great book. I recommend it for 8 and up.
Sep 11, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
it's a really good book so far.
Ellen
Apr 20, 2008 Ellen rated it it was amazing
i really like the main street series
Molly
Mar 01, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
thanksgiving book!!! LOVED IT!!
Ayesha Ilahi
Sep 03, 2014 Ayesha Ilahi rated it really liked it
It was a very nice Book.
Jayla Johnson
A fun book about friendship.
Leah Fox
Becky Keir Grace
Jul 10, 2016 Becky Keir Grace rated it really liked it
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

I read my first MAIN STREET title in the fall of last year and was delighted with it. I have since recommended it to many of my students. I just finished NEEDLE AND THREAD, the second of the series, and fell in love with it all over again.

Flora and Ruby are two sisters who have come to live with their grandmother after their parents died in a car accident. Grandmother owns a sewing shop, which Flora loves. This story picks up a few days after the f
Victoria
Nov 12, 2013 Victoria rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much. This book was very interesting, it had some real life drama but not to much to make you scared,it also had happy heartwarming parts that made you joyful. This book was about two girls who who moved to their grandmothers house after their mother and father passed away in a car accident. This is the second book in the series. The to sisters go through there first year in a totally new place. They all make new friends that have difficult situations going on as well and ...more
Suzy
May 01, 2016 Suzy rated it really liked it
My daughter & I are enjoying this series very much. The characters are real, and experience the ups downs of early teens, tweens, sibling rivalry, family problems and insecurities. This is a great series with nothing that a parent would worry about, with their girls reading on their own. Heartwarming and heartwrenching at times. A lovely series to share if you're still enjoying reading time together at night. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, with my near 14yo daughter, and will sorely miss th ...more
Lisa Birch
Aug 19, 2016 Lisa Birch rated it it was ok
I think I might have missed a lot by not reading the first book. It felt like I was always catching up (what's the back story again, who is so-and-so, why do we care about this person...?). The premise is a good one though.
Karina
Jul 13, 2015 Karina rated it really liked it
I read this book when i got it from the book fair in elementary school, and i thought it was the cutest book ever! I still do, it was a good summer read!
Karen Arendt
This is such a lovely series for girls to read. There are plenty of happy and a few sad events, but what stands out most is the friendship between the girls.
Bridget
Jul 20, 2014 Bridget rated it liked it
***read a long time ago but still loved these novels then so 3 stars...mostly because I don't entirely remember the synopsis but whatever.***
Halle
Feb 08, 2016 Halle rated it it was amazing
Main street attracts the girls looking for quaint book, and want to live right there in the row houses.
Julie
Feb 20, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlit
A good follow-up to the first book, Welcome to Camden Falls. I continue to enjoy the setting as character. I wonder how long it will take Flora to adapt to her new town as Ruby so readily seemed to. (Or will Ruby backslide?) I do like that Flora acknowledges that the Row House residents are like a big family to her.
Lillian Jillian
Dec 30, 2009 Lillian Jillian rated it really liked it
This book is my go-to literature over time periods when the library is closed. The Main Street series are a better experience on audio and I hate to say that the second in the series does not come in listening library as far as I have seen; leadiing to the first becoming more of a pleasing experience.
Lm
Well, now I think I have to complete the series! I love Ann Martin, and just like she pulled me into the Baby Sitter's Club when I was a pre-teen, she's pulled me into the Main Steet series now that I'm endeavoring to be a librarian. I really like the diversity of the characters in this series.
Anna Mari
As Flora and Ruby continue adjusting the Camden Falls, the school year begins. Following the girls until Thanksgiving, we find Ruby fitting it to her new town well, while Flora still longs for her home. Samantha really enjoys this series and I find the reader very pleasant.
problem 4 14 Jun 11, 2014 05:55AM
  • Bad News/Good News (Beacon Street Girls, #2)
  • Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight, #4)
  • Campfire Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #9)
  • Hurricane
  • Best Friends and Drama Queens (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #3)
  • The More, The Merrier (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #8)
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • My Last Best Friend (Friends for Keeps, #1)
  • Day of the Iguana
  • Manatee Blues (Wild at Heart, #4)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)

More about Ann M. Martin...

Main Street (10 books)
  • Welcome to Camden Falls (Main Street, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season (Main Street, #3)
  • Best Friends (Main Street, #4)
  • The Secret Book Club (Main Street, #5)
  • September Surprises (Main Street, #6)
  • Keeping Secrets (Main Street, #7)
  • Special Delivery (Main Street, #8)
  • Coming Apart (Main Street, #9)
  • Staying Together (Main Street, #10)