Start by marking “Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)” as Want to Read:
Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)

Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special #7)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  890 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
When Stoneybrook is paralyzed by a massive blizzard, Dawn and her mother get stranded at the airport, Jessi is snowed in at her dance school, and Kristy's boyfriend gets stuck overnight at her house. Claudia, Mary Anne and Mallory are all baby-sitting, but no one has heard from Stacey--could she be trapped somewhere on the way back from the mall?
Published December 1st 1996 by Apple (first published December 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound

Ciara
Dec 15, 2008 Ciara rated it liked it
Recommends it for: babysitters club fans, children, people who love snow, proessional journalists
this super special has a place in my heart, probably because there's really not much plot to it. a snowstorm is predicted for stonybrook, but the weathercasters have been predicting snow for weeks & not a flake has descended on our fair town, where parents permit 13-year-olds to raise their children. so no one believes the storm predictions. this is preposterous enough. stonybrook is supposedly in connecticut. i live in boston, just a little bit north. when huge snowstorms are predicted here ...more
Bethany
Dec 26, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it
I got this book for myself as a stocking stuffer, as we've been having a white Christmas, and I have fond memories of reading this book (it was my favorite Super Special when I was young). It's so fun to see what everybody is doing at the time of the blizzard... Kristy has a date with Bart, Claudia is at the Perkinses', Mary Anne and Mallory are at the Pikes' baby-sitting, Stacey is off to the mall with her mom to get a perm, Dawn and her mom are off to the airport to pick up Jeff, and Jessi is ...more
Lynda Beck
Oct 09, 2009 Lynda Beck rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
True Confession: I still read this book once every couple of years, usually while we are getting slammed with a huge snowstorm. I love it. Thankfully, after almost five years of marriage, my husband is pretty used to finding random kids books lying around the house and only makes fun of me a tiny bit. They're like snacking on rice krispie treats or putting extra marshmallows in your hot cocoa; a completely comforting guilty pleasure.
Rachel Brand
Nov 09, 2010 Rachel Brand rated it it was amazing
I didn't love this book as a kid but I loved rereading it as an adult. It seemed particularly appropriate to read it last night as there was horrible wind and rain and hail, to the extent that I could feel it through my windows! So I was snuggled up in bed with a zillion layers and this book. We didn't have any snow (but I live right on the coast, literally, I can walk to the beach in 20 minutes) but I did feel a sort of connection to the BSC girls while reading this book. For once, the girls di ...more
Alex
Dec 08, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing
This was always my absolute favorite BSC book growing up. I'm not sure why, since there is really no plot besides a snowstorm, but I reread it every single Christmas (and probably several times throughout the year, too). I was fascinated by the idea of a blizzard like this, maybe because I've always lived in Texas and never experienced snow at all until I was an adult and went to Colorado on vacation. Whatever the case may be, this book has always held a special place in my heart. It took me age ...more
Jenn
Nov 17, 2014 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: bsc

This one was on the verge of being boring but then it pulled out the fun and outrageous in the end. It starts out with Kristy being super annoying, writing the Stoneybrook newspaper about the blizzard they had and offering to sell them the Baby-Sitters Club's story as an article. She's all "your story was good but mine is better" and "by the way, do you need a baby-sitter?" And she basically spoils the whole story for us, by listing what happened to everyone during the blizzard. THEN we
Claire
Jan 27, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it
This was the first Super Special I read when I was younger, so it has a special place in my heart. I think that as a child I was fascinated by that amount of snow (living in Queensland, Australia probably didn't help, considering this usually means Christmas is stinking hot), plus reading now as an adult unfortunately coincided with the recent spate of wild weather we are having here - wild, howling winds and heaps of rain! So it felt a little creepy reading it.

It's kinda funny reading it becaus
Laura Hughes
Apr 08, 2013 Laura Hughes rated it did not like it
Shelves: babysitters-club
An enormous and very sudden snowstorm traps all of the baby-sitters. Stacey is stuck in a car with her mother for awhile (but they are rescued by strangers). Mary Anne and Mallory are trapped in the Pike house with a dwindling food supply when the parents, on an all-day trip to New York City, are prevented from returning home overnight. (Logan skis over with provisions.) Claudia stays with the Perkins girls in a similar situation. Dawn and her mother end up staying overnight at the airport when ...more
Jane
Mar 20, 2015 Jane added it
Shelves: childhood
The first of the super specials I did not read as a child, and so it holds no nostalgia and only WTF for me.
Cadi Zoeller
Jan 03, 2016 Cadi Zoeller rated it it was amazing
Kara
Feb 21, 2015 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: bsc
But at least the Winter Wonderland dance went on as planned!
April
Jun 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Buffy
Aug 19, 2015 Buffy rated it really liked it
Gosh, the memories this brings back!!
Angelina
Oct 18, 2014 Angelina rated it it was amazing
A really good book
Rainey
Feb 05, 2013 Rainey rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 100-in-2013
When I saw this book at my local Goodwill, nostalgia made me pick it up. The fun adventures the girls got into reminded me why these books were so popular. Also, reading this as an adult made me realize the wonderful diversity Martin includes in her characters- different races, social classes, family diversity, etc. Martin tackles adoption, divorce, combined families, social issues, and daily teen anxieties all in one book without being overly preachy.
Nancy
Nov 01, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
In which a huge snowstorm hits the 'Brook. Stace gets trapped in the car. STFUDawn gets stuck at the airport. MA and Mel-ry are stuck with the Spike beasts, and Caludia is with the Perfect Perkinses. Oh and Jessi is stuck at dance school and Bart is trapped at K.Ron's. Poor Bart. Another fave.
Erika
Aug 31, 2014 Erika rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I literally read this book 10 times when I was younger. When I saw the opportunity to read it again for free on my kindle I took it. Obviously, the story didn't have quite the same appeal now reading it as an adult. But I could still see why I liked it so much when I was younger.
Cassa
Aug 09, 2007 Cassa rated it really liked it
I'm not even going to try to put a date to when I read this. I had to be ten or so at the oldest. I read scores of the BSC books, but this is the only one I really remember and could search for. I highly recommend the series for any reader starting in on chapter books.
Kate
Dec 09, 2009 Kate rated it liked it
I don't really remember this one... possibly because I've lived through a few snowstorms myself? One has to ask - what WAS Stacey doing at the mall during a blizzard of such proportions? If she was just shopping for designer clothes, she deserves whatever she got.
Arshia Zehra
awesome!!!!!!!!!! at first they want to have snow and when it does snow.....it doesn't STOP and stacey is stranded..........luved it and totally recommend it to everyone........
Ashley
Feb 12, 2009 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2009
I have returned to my middle school years. I read through this quickly of course. The BSC are all stranded during a blizzard. It tells of their adventures.
Chelsey
Mar 14, 2008 Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Absolutely the best Baby-Sitters Club book around. Love, tears, diabetes, extreme weather, the Winter Wonderland Dance, and rampant marijuana use.
Sarah Smith
Apr 15, 2013 Sarah Smith rated it liked it
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Sally
Everyone's snowed in... that's all I remember. Not one of the best, and usually I so enjoyed the Super Specials!
Jessica
Jan 20, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Growing up in Australia, the idea of a major snow storm was very exciting.

This is as great as I remembered.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it really liked it
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Maria Elmvang
I was in the mood for some light reading. Not the best SS, but not the worst either.
Kricket
Feb 09, 2008 Kricket rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade, 2008
heh. those intrepid babysitters!

don't laugh. it's a nostalgia read.
Katie
Aug 03, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
My favourite Babysitters Club book ever! This one has a cozy vibe!
Kellie O
Aug 27, 2007 Kellie O rated it it was amazing
This is the only book I've ever read more than once! I love(d) it!
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
  • Face-Off! (Girl Talk, #2)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Baby-Sitters on Board! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #1)
  • Baby-Sitters' Summer Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #2)
  • Baby-Sitters' Winter Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #3)
  • Baby-sitters' Island Adventure (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #4)
  • California Girls! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #5)
  • New York, New York! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #6)
  • Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #8)
  • Starring the Baby-sitters Club! (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #9)
  • Sea City, Here We Come! (Babysitters Club Special, #10)
  • The Baby-Sitters Remember (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #11)