Start by marking “Claudia Kishi, Middle School Dropout (The Baby-Sitters Club, #101)” as Want to Read:
Claudia Kishi, Middle School Dropout (The Baby-Sitters Club, #101)

Claudia Kishi, Middle School Dropout (The Baby-Sitters Club #101)

Claudia's never been a star student, but she's always gotten by. Lately, however, she feels hopelessly behind. Then Claudia is told the terrible news--she is being dropped back to seventh grade.

With a new locker and a new lunch hour, Claudia feels as if she doesn't fit in anywhere. She doesn't know anyone in seventh grade. And she never sees her friends anymore. She's not
Published October 1996 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Claudia Kishi, Middle School Dropout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claudia Kishi, Middle School Dropout

Okay, so -

Reading these books this weekend has made me really glad I'm not one of those creepy adults who donates all of their spare time to documenting the life of Stoneybrookites.

I'm not going to name names, or link links, but there's some weird ish out there, put out by grown ups that still read these books EVERY DAY.

I was only around for about the first 4 years of the BSC, so this book came out long after I'd abandoned such childish things for PKD and Heinlein and stuff. [sigh] I
May 21, 2012 Sally rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, school, bsc
Randomly saw this in the library last night and decided to grab it because it's not one I'd read before. Even though Claudia's my least favourite sitter. It was the only "new" one there, okay?!

So eh. Even though the BSC girls started year 8 in around book 10 or so, here we are about six weeks into the new school year at book 101. (Sidenote: when I was first reading, I remember noting that the first book was around the start of year 7, and then they moved to year 8 at around the 10 mark, so I ver
Maria Camp
Aug 23, 2015 Maria Camp rated it it was ok
Interesting premise. Too much telling of what's happening instead of showing it through the writing.

Sadly, this story feels very contrived. It lacks an air of authenticity and generally falls a bit flat.

The notion of sending a kid back a grade while one month into the next grade is simply ludicrous. If Claudia was doing that poorly, she would have been held back at the end of 7th grade.

All that notwithstanding, it still provided a bit of interest.

This is not one of the books I read back in my pr
May 09, 2011 Ciara rated it liked it
jared saw this book sitting on the coffee table when he got home from school & was like, "whoa, claudia drops out of junior high? all because no one would sit with her at lunch time?" i explained, "no, she just gets bumped back to seventh grade from eighth grade. the title doesn't really have anything to do with anything." he said, "wait, they bounced her back a grade in the middle of the school year? that seems really...cruel."

yup, another school year has begun at stoneybrook middle school,
Laura Hughes
Apr 08, 2013 Laura Hughes rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Claudia continues to get failing grades even after her parents hire a tutor, and finally she is sent back to seventh grade. While her grades improve, she misses her friends (especially at lunch) and she’s upset when she’s not allowed to go to the eighth grade dance. The only good thing in her life is a mixed-age art class in which she prepares a piece for a show, and wins first prize. The teacher tells her that she, too, was held back in school.
Lingering Questions: Can you really be sent back a
Jan 01, 2016 Tiffany rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddies
We've always known that Claudia isn't a great student. Now she has to repeat the seventh grade, and she's completely humiliated! On the flip side, though, she has the honor of being selected to attend a special art class with a famous artist. And as with all BSC books, everything turns out wonderful in the end.
May 17, 2015 Marna rated it liked it
I have to say, I think even I would have been able to grasp eighth grade math after ten years of being in the eighth grade (and I barely passed the old school, wussy math requirements for the GED).

At least they all stopped fucking saying 'dibble.' Seriously, that was annoying.
May 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Feb 20, 2014 NerdyJen rated it it was ok
Read this mostly for nostalgia's sake.
Oct 31, 2013 Nancy rated it did not like it
In which the administration of SMS shows amazing insight into the psyche of children and decide the best thing to do for poor, academically struggling Caludia would be to send her back to seventh grade in the middle of the school year, because that totally wouldn't be traumatic or crush her self-esteem or anything like that.
Jan 08, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
How do you read it. New Member so confused please help!!!
Maria Elmvang
Writing a book about a girl who's staying back a year in school is a really, really, really bad idea in a timeless universe. Didn't make it half blatant that after the... what? 3rd? 4th? summer the girls are STILL in 8th / 6th grade.
Oct 27, 2012 Jaylee rated it really liked it
I feel really really bad for Claudia She has to start 7th grade again! But I feel happy when she wins the art competition!
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Rony Hesler
Rony Hesler marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Samantha D
Samantha D marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Alecia added it
Oct 13, 2016
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2016
Danyelle Marie
Danyelle Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Amanda Robbins
Amanda Robbins marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Lisette Parks
Lisette Parks marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Nina added it
Sep 12, 2016
Jamahackworth marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Hayley Ferguson
Hayley Ferguson marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Grace Wright
Grace Wright marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Marily rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Gracie rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Malissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
  • The Headless Horseman Rides Tonight: More Poems to Trouble Your Sleep
  • Tom Tackles the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #22)
  • Corduroy's Halloween
  • The Magic Christmas (Sweet Valley Twins Magna Edition #1)
  • The Lost Locket (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #2)
  • Can You See What I See? On A Scary Scary Night
  • I'm Not Afraid of This Haunted House
  • Who, Sir? Me, Sir? (Oxford Bookworms, Green)
  • The Bones of Fred McFee
  • Halloween Havoc (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #4)
  • Halloween
  • Lord Kirkle's Money (Beyond the Western Sea, #2)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)