Start by marking “The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable” as Want to Read:
The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable

The Return of a Mighty Church: A Modern Fable

Pastor David Newman and his family have just been called to serve with Midland Bible Church. Following their initial excitement over the new appointment, however, comes the realization that the church has forgotten its purpose and lost its way. So begins this intriguing fictional account of a sad reality facing many present-day pastors and church leaders. The good news is ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Regal Books (first published December 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of a Mighty Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of a Mighty Church

Tracy
Feb 09, 2014 Tracy rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent reminder that we need to constantly monitor ourselves as a church body. We need to stay outwardly focused and remember our vision and goal to reach others for Christ. It is very easy to allow programs and church functions to become inwardly focused- more of a social club that a mission station. I only gave it 4 stars, because I felt that the changes in the church were too easy and simplistic, and I would have enjoyed more practical advice and strategies.
Laura Ann
Mar 05, 2014 Laura Ann rated it it was amazing
Amazingly inspiring book completely recommend for anyone who wants to take a deep look at the motivation of the "work" they do within their church OR their church does within their community. Fantastic!!
Grant Davis
Awesome book for returning to the original purpose of a church body
Thomas
Thomas added it
Mar 04, 2016
Geoffrey Janes
Geoffrey Janes marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Elizabeth Maddrey
Elizabeth Maddrey rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Mark Perkins
Mark Perkins marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Dennis Munn
Dennis Munn rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Trey Allman
Trey Allman rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Todd
Todd added it
Jul 23, 2011
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2011
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2010