Start by marking “Hell's Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Cyrus is a millionaire recluse - and a serial killer. Tye is a beautiful young woman from Notting Hill. Quinn is a writer who doesn't write. And Marion is the mother determined to find her vanished son and daughter-in-law - Cyrus's first victims. All collide in this black comedy set in New York.
Paperback, Large print, 416 pages
Published 2001 by Pan Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Hell's Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell's Kitchen

TianaK
A dark, situation comedy "populated" by a mix of interesting, funny and well-written characters. The intriguing premise of the book, combined with its fresh (multi- narrative) and fast- paced approach, captivated my interest from the very first page and had me reading late into the night -eager to see where the ride would end...A real good effort by Chris Niles -and one which makes me happy to, already, have another one of her books ("Vanished"- 2004) on my bookshelf and TBR list ;)
Mrs. TB
Jan 01, 2008 Mrs. TB rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mature readers with an odd sense of humor
Cyrus is a young millionaire living in New York City. He has never found his ambition in life. One day, he finds a self-help book that speaks to him, and he begins his life as a serial killer. This dark book is also quite humorous, with the odd moments that make you smile quietly imbeded in the gruesome parts. With his money, Cyrus rents an apartment, crossing paths with desperate people hoping to rent or sub-let from him.

It takes a mature reader to read this book, and one must pay very careful
Lake Oz Fic Chick
In this black comedy, thirty-something Cyrus Tucker lives in his movie star mommy’s big Manhattan house, in a dank basement apartment. Dark spirals plague his mind and ennui rules his days. And then one day his life is changed by The Master, who speaks through a self-help book that urges him to take charge of his life, find a goal and work toward it. The plan he hatches puts a spring in his step and a song in his heart. Yes, it involves luring desperate New York City renters to his lair. And no, ...more
Wendy
This book was a lot different than what I was expecting. While the book is about a serial killer (a rather inept one, who is really only a wanna be serial killer) the book is more about the relationships of about a half dozen different characters and how their lives intertwine throughout the book.

It was an okay read. I got a few chuckles out of it. I enjoyed some of the characters and how the culmination of the book brought everyone who we had met throughout the story together for the climax. A
Michael
Black comedy that reminded me of Joe Orton; odd and quirky, humorous and deranged In a word, enjoyable.
The plot is dark situation comedy that revolves around finding a Manhattan apartment to sublet at reasonable cost and a homicidal maniac who entices his victims to his Greenwich Village apartment through newspaper classifieds.
Ladiibbug
Excellent creepy thriller, black humor, along the lines of "Dexter" (nice guy CSI tech by day, serial killer by night)

Read prior to 2008
Mike
Whew, always a relief when a book written by a friend of yours is good. Well done, Chris.
María
Made me loose a bit of sleep and get a bit afraid of the dark. Exciting and fine.
Hydra
Ehh...kinda funny. Kinda scary. Kinda jumpy. Kinda liked it.
Amy
this book was just a lot of fun
Daniel
Daniel added it
Jan 25, 2015
Trashcity77
Trashcity77 marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014