Start by marking “Angry Little Girls in Love” as Want to Read:
Angry Little Girls in Love

Angry Little Girls in Love

They're back and in love! Angry Little Girls in Love, is definitely not a cuddly, lovely-dovey, mushy love book. This book follows the promising first date of Kim and Bruce who hook up to have a dysfunctional boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Their friends offer help and advice along the way. Featuring vengeful, sarcastic, and hopeless love cartoons, anyone who has been i ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Harry N. Abrams (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Angry Little Girls in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angry Little Girls in Love

Timothy Ferguson
Oct 25, 2012 Timothy Ferguson rated it did not like it
Sometimes I start a review by saying “Clearly I didn’t understand this.” I generally do it when something is popular and I didn’t enjoy it at all.

Clearly I didn’t understand this.

The lead character, Kim, is meant to be a six year old girl. She clearly isn’t because in some panels she wakes up in her double bed next to her boyfriend, so let’s just accept that her apparent age is an artistic conceit and that she’s a young woman of indeterminate age. Her defining characteristic is her rage. Now, I
Meepelous
Mar 23, 2015 Meepelous rated it liked it
With an art style not unlike the MSPaint version of the classic Charlie Brown comics. The similarities continue to grow as you realize the two main characters are the spitting image of Charlie Brown and Lucy - twenty years later.

Much as the title suggests, this collection of comicstrips centers on how frustrating the search for love can be. Poking fun at the cliches and sentemental conventions of love with an angry blunt poker. If you're frustrated with the dating game and need a quick laugh thi
dara
Jul 31, 2009 dara rated it liked it
I enjoyed Angry Little Girls In Love because I am one. :P

Not many of the ideas expressed are very original, but they are done so with simplicity and cute drawings so it balances out.

I finished it within a few minutes. It would make a cute gift or coffee table book. It came with a free postcard, which I doubt I'll ever use simply because I don't want to remove it from the rest of the cartoons.
Andria
Aug 10, 2015 Andria rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
To my relief, this has none of the racial stereotypes found in Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls. This is just pure, unadulterated snark. The contrast between the cutesy little-girl artwork and the bitter, world-weary view of love and relationships makes me giggle.
Anne
Jul 08, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
These are fresh cartoon stories about girls who are sarcastic, angry, disenchanted, crazy, and sardonic. Anyone who has had a relationship can perfectly relate to it. A perfect valentine gift for close friends and loved ones.
Cher
Sep 07, 2008 Cher rated it liked it
Shelves: humor-comics
Depressing truisms about the pitfalls of heterocentric love affairs, but with very cute drawings & a female bent. It was enjoyable, but in a guilty pleasure kind of way. The ideas within are not terribly original either: just standard battle of the sexes speak.
Mar 16, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok
there's some heavy duty controversial themes but I chose to turn a blind eye and read it purely for entertainment purposes so my rating is based on the hilarity if you switch your brain off/ not think too much while reading this.
Sharni Benson
Feb 18, 2014 Sharni Benson rated it did not like it
This book annoyed me. I was surprised at the gender of the person who wrote it because it was written like a man who had been scorned.
The guy is sweet but clueless and the chick is abusive.
Yi Lu
Yi Lu rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Katarina
Katarina rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Vita
Vita rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2011
Autumn
Autumn rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2009
Elle
Elle rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Gabbi Saraney
Gabbi Saraney rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
DamnUnwitty
DamnUnwitty rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2013
Benito Jr.
Benito Jr. rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2011
Brendan Howard
Feb 15, 2016 Brendan Howard rated it it was amazing
Age-inappropriate, but she loves these for some reason.
Madrim
Madrim rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2012
Athena
Athena rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2009
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2009
Kathryn Werner
Kathryn Werner rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Erendira
Erendira rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2009
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Lili Zhu
Lili Zhu rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Sasha
Jan 18, 2009 Sasha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Females
A very excellent sarcastic view of love. I gave it as a present to my aunt and her girls.
Tripleness
Tripleness rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2013