Start by marking “Legal Briefs: Unabridged Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers” as Want to Read:
Legal Briefs: Unabridged Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers

Legal Briefs: Unabridged Short Stories by Today's Best Thriller Writers

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
William Berhardt, author of seven bestselling novels, asked a group of his fellow lawyers/authors to contribute their most fiendishly clever short pieces for this anthology, and told them their imaginations were their only guides. The result is "Legal Briefs, " a smorgasbord of stories boasting a wonderful variety of themes and styles. This one-of-a-kind audio collection f ...more
Audio, Abridged, 0 pages
Published July 1st 1998 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Legal Briefs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Briefs

Diana H.
Jan 09, 2015 Diana H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I initially picked up this book to read the Phillip Margolin title, The Jailhouse Lawyer. However, when I saw the other authors who had contributed to this anthology, I decided to read the entire book.
These are short stories about lawyers, written by lawyers, and enjoyed by anyone who picks up the book. If you are looking for quick reads, these short stories are for you. They manage to fill the need for a quick thriller-fix without taking too much time to get through.
I enjoyed each story in thi
Dondi Ligon
Sep 14, 2015 Dondi Ligon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"You want to know something funny? I discovered the law again. You actually made me think about it. I managed to go through three years of law school without doing that." --Mitch McDeere, 'The Firm'
Ceanne
Aug 23, 2011 Ceanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mysteries are my favorite genre of books and for some reason I really like the legal process as well. John Grisham remains one of my absolutely favorite and since he's an author in this book I was drawn to it. I was disappointed that John's story was the shortest one in this book but the rest of the authors are worth the read nevertheless.
Don A.
Aug 29, 2013 Don A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great collection of stories-I really liked that John Grisham's story was such a departure for him. I bought it at Wordsworth Books in Little Rock soon after it came out and Grif Stockley autographed my copy. His story, "The Divorce" remains my favorite, followed closely by "What We're Here For."
Nathan Keniston
Nathan Keniston marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Anne Hagan
Anne Hagan marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
gina
gina marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 27, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Bill Mcconnell
Bill Mcconnell rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Fritha Hennessy
Fritha Hennessy rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
sheron
sheron rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Laura Dogsmom
Laura Dogsmom marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Venkatesan Murali
Venkatesan Murali marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Anita Ermet
Anita Ermet marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Thanainan Rajkitwanich
Thanainan Rajkitwanich marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Joe Hebert
Joe Hebert marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Vivienne Gillan
Vivienne Gillan rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Jevanswslife
Jevanswslife marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Gina Blindt
Gina Blindt marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Bruce M
Bruce M marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Nitin Pathak
Nitin Pathak is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Profit Zone: How Strategic Business Design Will Lead You to Tomorrow's Profits
  • The No-Nonsense Guide to Globalization
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]
  • My Life, Volume II: The Presidential Years
  • Flight of the Buffalo: Soaring to Excellence, Learning to Let Employees Lead
  • The Path To Power
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • John Grisham Box Set (The Partner, The Street Lawyer, A Time To Kill)
  • Jian (China Maroc, #1)
  • The Dog Who Saved Christmas and Other True Animal Tales
  • Hardball: How Politics Is Played Told By One Who Knows The Game
  • No Limits: The Will to Succeed
  • Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2010
  • God, Country, Notre Dame: The Autobiography of Theodore M. Hesburgh
  • Debugging the Development Process: Practical Strategies for Staying Focused, Hitting Ship Dates, and Building Solid Teams
  • The Enemy Within
  • Kinsey and Me Free Preview
I love my job!

William loves his job and it shows in his writing. Library Journal has called him the "master of the courtroom drama;" his books have sold more than ten million copies worldwide. The Vancouver Sun dubbed him "the American equivalent of P.G. Wodehouse and John Mortimer." His novel Dark Eye was a psychological thriller that, in the words of bestselling author Lisa Scottoline, "will chi
More about William Bernhardt...