Start by marking “The Grail (Area 51, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Grail (Area 51, #5)

The Grail (Area 51 #5)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,045 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The Holy Grail -- is it the key to a miracle ... or a terrifying truth?

The Great Wall of China, the immense carvings on Easter Island, Egypt's pyramids, UFOs. What is the chilling connection? The answer, unearthed by an elite band of soldiers and scientists based at Area 51, is rewriting human history -- to include the aliens who shaped it!

Now, in this heart-pounding nove
Mass Market Paperback, 328 pages
Published February 6th 2001 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about The Grail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grail

Area 51 by Annie   JacobsenThe Orphan Conspiracies by James MorcanANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION by James MorcanArea 51 by Robert DohertyThe Reply by Robert Doherty
Area 51 Books
8th out of 24 books — 9 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Thoroughly Enjoyable
27th out of 99 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna
Mar 21, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
What I really admire is that despite this book being the 5th in the series, the author still manages to pull it off. There's as much tension, mystery and action as ever. It's not easy to hold the reader's attention throughout one book, let alone a whole series, and Bob Mayer does it like no one else. Even though there's not much character development, I still love the little eccentric group fighting off the big threat: an African professor, an old Chinese archeologist, a Russian military man and ...more
Jack
Feb 21, 2015 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Grail, the fifth book in the Area 51 series by Bob Mayer, continues the saga of earth as interfered with by aliens known as the Airlia. Artad or Aspasia, which one is the right one to side with? Is that even the right question? Who is the mysterious man in black that scares everybody? Why is Lisa Duncan stuck underneath the Sphinx? What's going on at Easter Island? Egypt? China? Area 51?

This book wound up being as enjoyable as the previous books. Initially, however, I was bored and had a tou
Pruitt
Oct 08, 2012 Pruitt rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in the Area 51 series. I'm still finding these to be very enjoyable to read, though in a somewhat different way. After 5 books you really start getting comfortable with the reappearing characters, ultimately wanting to know more and more about them, and the larger story. It's really something I enjoy, and one reason why I tend to favor very long series, regarding them as some of my favorite books. And this series continues to deliver an entertaining storyline, that keeps you ...more
Benjamin Thomas
Feb 13, 2014 Benjamin Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Often by this point in a series (book #5) they start to grow stale or repetitive but this one seems to be holding steady and even becoming better each time. The author mixes up the plot and introduces new characters well but probably the sheer scope of the material is what allows it to keep going at a nice pace. After all there is a lot you can do when you come to understand that the entire history of our planet and every significant event was actually shaped and manipulated by aliens.

Still quit
Thomas Roth
Jun 05, 2013 Thomas Roth rated it it was amazing
Will civilization end as we know it? Who really is the bad guy? This series is an absolute mind blower!
Dustin
May 12, 2016 Dustin rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
This one really feels like it exists only to move the story to the next book. It's way, way more expository than the previous entries in the series with huge sections of the novel just characters reading from the secret manuscript of Richard Francis Burton. I have no doubt that the pertinent information from this one will be repeated in the next book in between describing specter gun ships and the back stories of characters who are destined to die in three pages so I'd probably recommend skippin ...more
Stacy
Nov 21, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
Another very fun read in the Area 51 series. I've decided for this one to switch over my tags from sci-fi and military to sci-fi and fantasy. This novel had less in the area of military ops (though the battle armor was pretty wild!), and more in the area of fantasy. It's amazing to me that Bob Mayer can move from Egyptian history to Arthurian legend and it all somehow works! And, for a Dragon lover like me, it was awesome how he managed to even work in Dragons, in a new way. Really looking forwa ...more
Robert Usher
Jan 02, 2015 Robert Usher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story

I would recommend this book to anyone following the area 51 series. The book can stand alone but is best read as a continuation of the story as this gives the reader a fuller understanding of what is going on. I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone to read this book even if they hadn't started the series from the beginning. They will still be enthralled by the story shown in this book independently.

Nai Wang
Mar 28, 2015 Nai Wang rated it really liked it
Worst Narrator Ever! Loved how he wove Christian mythology into aliens!
Tufty McTavish
Aug 30, 2014 Tufty McTavish rated it it was ok
Pick a few myths & legends, mix with SciFi & aliens, data dump from a translated diary every other chapter, then shoot some sh!t up. I kinda like the action scenes, but the data dumps were very tiresome. And the mix & match of myths and legends - Dracula's coming in the next few episodes I reckon as he got heavily hinted at in this one - just got plain annoying for me I'm afraid, which is why it took so long to finish.
Katie
Oct 13, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Things are finally coming together with this book. I think I'm finally following who everyone is: the Airlia, Aspasia and Artad wise at least. So many things that start with 'A'.

In this book you finally get to see more sides of characters and learn more about the history of the aliens. It does leave you with more questions and wanting to read the next book to find out what happens to the characters next.
Carlos Trevino
Jun 19, 2013 Carlos Trevino rated it it was amazing
What I'm starting to love about these novels other than the alien aspect is how the author does such a brilliant job of integrating different ppl and events in history into the story. Burton's journals almost made it feel like I was reading a mini novel within the novel and with Artad now in play, I'm that much more eager to get to sixth book.
Spot Allen
Dec 19, 2013 Spot Allen rated it really liked it
Yet another installment in the history spanning Area 51 series. Giving just enough closure to be labeled a novel, yet leaving you with a fade-to-black "Executive Producer Chris Carter" X-Files ending. Always gifting you more questions than answers. If the goal was to keep me reading; it's working!

Damn you Mayer!
Eric Smith
Everything just keeps coming faster and faster. Multiple groups in play with multiple plans operating over multiple books has created some kind of four player chess game where not only do the humans not know all the rules but only have pawns and knights on the board. Can't wait to see what's next.
Bob Willis
Aug 31, 2013 Bob Willis rated it really liked it
"The Grail (Area 51, #5) by Robert Doherty was enjoyable SF reading. Wish I had started with book #1 as it would have made more sense from the start. I've read a couple of other Area 51 books and will probably go back and read the rest of the series at some point.
Stuart Bell
May 04, 2013 Stuart Bell rated it really liked it
I thought it was entertaining and I never suspected the way Turcotte - Duncan and Yakov would be kind of estranged at the end. Lots of questions with Easter island, and Mars....?
Nicolene
Nov 23, 2014 Nicolene rated it really liked it
A little disappointing in comparison to the previous books in the series yet still gripping and still leaving you with the need to know what happens in the next book.
Robert Bailey
Jul 12, 2013 Robert Bailey rated it liked it
Nice story, and well written. Really made me want to read the next one until I had every book on the shelf :)
Riley Freer
Good enough to plow through. One of my earliest sci-fi reads.
Richno3
Aug 04, 2011 Richno3 rated it really liked it
One more down. How many more to the end???
Hector Fonseca
Aug 25, 2013 Hector Fonseca rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Sandra Bolker
Sandra Bolker rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Dale F Salsman
Dale F Salsman rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Kevin  Kempf
Kevin Kempf rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Andrew Levada
Andrew Levada is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Matthew Cobb
Matthew Cobb marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
William Cardillo
William Cardillo rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
  • Bermuda Triangle (Atlantis, #2)
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
  • Stargate: Retribution (Stargate, #3)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Storms of Victory  (Janissaries, #3)
  • The Gun
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Harvest the Fire (Harvest of Stars, #3)
  • Project Maigo (Kaiju, #2)
  • The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm (Star Trek: Enterprise #14)
  • The Golden One (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #1)
  • Omnibus of Science Fiction
  • Forge of Heaven (The Gene Wars, Book 2)
  • Age of Blood (SEAL Team 666 #2)
  • DeathDay (Sauron, #1)
  • The Tides of Time
  • Blood Oath
  • Valentine's Rising (Vampire Earth #4)

Area 51 (9 books)
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
  • The Reply (Area 51, #2)
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
  • Legend (Area 51, #9)