Start by marking “Lucifer. Träger des Lichts.” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Lucifer. Träger des Li...

Michael Cordy

Lucifer. Träger des Lichts.

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  621 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Light divides the Universe into two: Day and Night. Good and Evil. Life and Death. Now its power, harnessed by a new generation of optical computers, attempts to answer mankind's last great question: What happens to us when we die?

But this is perilous knowledge, as Dr. Miles Fleming, a brilliant young neuroscientist, discovers. To find the truth he must challenge the certa
Taschenbuch, 0 pages
Published March 1st 2003 by Heyne (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lucifer. Träger des Lichts., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucifer. Träger des Lichts.

Deniz
Öncelikle Dan Brown kalitesinde bir roman bekliyorsanız bu kitap size göre değil arkadaşlar... Maalesef ben o moda girerek okudum kitabı ve hayal kırıklığına uğradım. Keşke takip ettiğim kitap bloglarında bir yorumları tarasaydım dedirtti bana... Kitapta oldukça eksiklikler var. Baş karakterimiz Thomas maşallah nasıl bir adamsa kadınlara olan ilgisi onun tek zayıflığı...Peki bu karşılıksız mı? Tabii ki de değil... Nasıl oluyorsa çevresindeki herkesin ilgisini çekebiliyor. Bu tarz karakterleri se ...more
Alejandra C
A pesar de que al principio va lento y creo que le sobra la mitad de la primera parte se que debo tolerarlo dado que es donde explican y van atando la historia, me gustó el tema que trata pero no me gusto que al final todo volviera a ser como antes y solo unos cuantos privilegiados aprendieran la leccion. Creo que habla sobre una gran verdad que es la redefinición de libre albedrio y como lo vemos en estas epocas, tanto si se cree o no; pero para no extenderme he de decir que solo le di 3 estrel ...more
Dokusha
Irgendwie seltsam ... es scheint zuerst ein normaler Thriller zu sein. Eine neue Religion ist entstanden und hat sich bald zur stärksten und mächtigsten der Welt entwickelt, unter anderem durch die Unterstützung einer Firma, die über die modernsten und leistungsfähigsten optischen Computer verfügt (ja, es spielt leicht in der Zukunft). Ihr Bestreben ist es, die Seele der Menschen dingfest zu machen, und dafür benötigt sie Sterbende, die im Moment des Todes analysiert werden können. Und dafür wer ...more
Ivo Stunga
This one worked for me mostly at the Horror level and as such I can recommend it easily. Horror aspects was what I welcomed the most. Probably partially because of my own past and dreams of my deceased mother when I was ~6. In some of these dreams she kept placing various mementos for me to find. In other - my father was trying to resurrect her by the means of various intravenous systems of multi-colored liquids. Sometimes my father succeeded and we had a perfect reunion, accompanied with pleasa ...more
Juan Araizaga
It has a lot of mixtures in the plot. His rhythm is inconsistent... but the main idea is quite attractive. It develops the way that the religion could work with the science. I liked a lot the end... let me thinking.

Aunque tiene demasiados altibajos en la trama, la idea principal es buena, y la explota bien. Sí, contiene los elementos buenos de un thriller, pero también los de una novela de ficción. Sencillo de leer. El final ha estado de maravilla.
Jay
The first half was good, but the second part just didn't interest me at all. Not my kind of subject matter
Huma
The Lucifer Code is a thriller that I put in the same genre as Dan Brown's books. Of course, while it is impossible to put down a Dan Brown book, it took me almost a month to finish this one.

The leading characters of the book are two PhD researchers; Dr Miles Fleming, the brilliant neuro-scientist who hears his dead brother speaking after his death through a machine Miles invented, and Dr. Amy who co-owns the biggest computer company in the world with Bradley Soames.
Sisi WhoWouldLikeToKnow?
I got this on sale at a bargain bin mostly because I liked the cover.
Why yes, I do judge books by their covers.

It was a good summer read, it moves fast and is light. I would say it is quite predictable, however, and the characters, while not entirely cookie-cutter, lack a vivid 3-dimensionality I associate with really great books.

Barring that, I did enjoy the story. It is not groundbreaking, but I don't think it tries to be.
Lisa Perkins
Is it bad? Not really... If you are into historical mysteries there is enough here to keep you focused. Is it good? The story is easy to follow, and this book really qualifies as a "beach read." I guess that makes it worthwhile though, I found the protagonist a bit sleazy…

Interestingly, almost all of the praise heaped upon this author is for his OTHER book, the Atlantis Code.
Elden
When I first started reading this book I did not know if I was going to enjoy it. It seemed like it was talking about religion too much, but as the story progressed it got more about science and action scenes. Overall I enjoyed this book and I think I know someone who would also enjoy this book.
Shahrun
I found this book to be a real page turner. Mr Cordy very cleverly knows just how much to give you, to make you desperate to find out more. I really had no idea where this
book was going but was satisfied with the end result. Gonna have to put his other books on my wish list now!

Eugene Shakula
Good plot, surprising ending. Recommend it.
Gemma Franks
Well I really enjoyed this book, full of suspense and drama. Couldn't believe it, held my attention from the first page and i read it within 3 days. The initial revelation was enough for a satisfying read and then another revelation and another! Was a very good book, couldnt put it down!
KD Mackintosh
I thought that this book was missing what were potentially 3 amazingly interesting chapters, but otherwise this book was satisfactory. At places I thought disconnected from the characters, when I should have been working the clues out with them I was a merely a voyeur.
Alan Baxter
This is a good story and a good idea, but a lot of the plot development was quite predictable. There's nothing outstanding about this book, yet I enjoyed reading it and that's the most important thing. Not a world shattering novel, but a good holiday read or airport novel.
Alexxandra
Really interesting premise, but I felt something indeterminable was lacking.
Stephen Mcafee
This book was one I found intriguing to begin with, then it descended into a by the books final third that, for me killed any suspense that had been built up, worth a try
Ian Stokes
Thankfully I only paid £1 for this book, had to give up about 70 pages in. Terrible. Characters I couldn't care about and a plot line that left me bored.
Moshanthi

It makes you wonder how religions controls and instill most fears. The book asked same question I always wonder. A good read.
Winnie
Michael Cordy is definitely one of my favourite authors as I find his books very exciting to read and this one is no exception.
Crossett  Library
Page-turning, GREAT READ! It might as well have been glued to my hand, because I couldn't put it down!
Jared Della Rocca
Richard
high ideas and low returns. the back cover is a much better read than the book
Sugat
A good read! It would make a wonderful movie script though!
Bekah P
wasn't as good as the genesis code but wasn't a bad read
David
Fantastic Book with some cool scifi and religiousy stuff.
  • The Crystal Skull
  • The 13th Apostle
  • The Lure
  • The Sacred Blood
  • The Double Eagle (Tom Kirk, #1)
  • The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1)
  • The Lost Temple
  • Pyramid
  • The Doomsday Prophecy (Ben Hope, #3)
  • Sphinx
  • The Pegasus Secret
  • The First Apostle (Chris Bronson, #1)
  • The Lost Army Of Cambyses
  • The Secret Crown (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #6)
  • On the Fifth Day
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Atlantis Code (Thomas Lourds, #1)
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
MIchael Cordy's first novel, The Miracle Strain, about the search for the DNA of Christ, was published in over twenty five languages and forty countries. It reached the top five in the Sunday Times Bestseller List and became a bestseller around the world.

Disney bought the film rights for $1.6 million.

Another five novels followed: Crime Zero, Lucifer, True, The Source and the latest THE COLOUR OF
More about Michael Cordy...
The Messiah Code The Venus Conspiracy Crime Zero The Colour of Death The Source