Harper Lee's to Kill a Mockingbird (Monarch Notes)

Harper Lee's to Kill a Mockingbird (Monarch Notes)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  23 reviews
NOTES ABOUT To Kill a Mockingbird

NOT the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Published July 15th 2008 (first published 1997)

Lindsay
Nov 03, 2008 Lindsay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any one who is taking a stand to society and is making a difference
Recommended to Lindsay by: My teacher Ms.Tressel
To Kill A Monking Bird by Harper Lee.
Do you thik about society and how something like skin color can effect it? TKAMB is a mind cringing spine tingling book that makes you think twice about society.
Atticus Finch is a white man working as a lawyer in Maycomb Alabama. He is over whelmed by a decision that he must make. He has to make a decision weather or not to defend a black man in court or not.Yes to us it may seem like a minor thing right now but back then it was a big issue.This discrepency...more
Rebecca
I have read this book many times and I always like it.

What I think is really cool is that even though the book isn't true some of the events are true and the people in it are based off of real people.

The character Dill is based off of one of Harper Lee's friends and the character Scout is based off of Harper Lee.

I like to try to imagine what life is like for Dill and Scout in the real world, because even thought they don't exist, people like them do exist.
Vivien
To Kill A Mockingbird was the most astonishing book I have ever read. The book told from the point of view of a young girl Scout recalling her memories, brings humor and captivation to the reader.
Asha
I Luv this story!!we r reading it in language arts, but i had 2 get a head start. it starts out kinda boring, but it gets better for all of those people who don't like it(vontella)
*ASHA*
Sunshine
I reread this book every couple of years. I find it so moving and thought provoking, how I want my own daughter to find the "scout" in herself.
Samantha
I have not read this book since 9th grade. I loved every page of rereading it,and I look forward to teaching this book with my 8th graders.
Dhiraj
A good read I would say. This was the first book I read by Harper lee, I would like to read more of her writings.
Amy
Wonderful story - still resonates today. Was immersed in it as a child was in a local production of the story.
Aug 25, 2008 Sarah is currently reading it
Recommended to Sarah by: My husband
Just started this. my husband is appalled that I didn't have to read it in High School.
Katherine Bessette
Excellent read. Should be required that everyone read this book.
Maria Gruning
better the second time, when you don't have to read it!
Noelle williams
Classic, classic, classic. I also love the movie.
Curtis
it was a good book, you have to have patience
Sarah Elizabeth
This is one of my favorites.
Oliviapendley
i finished it today and it was great!!
Katie
My favorite book of ALL-TIME! :)
Marit
Who hasn't read this book?
Ali
I liked it.
Nicole
its interesting
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Ronson
Ronson added it
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Schooldays in Imperial Japan: A Study in the Culture of a Student Elite Jack London's The call of the wild (Monarch notes)