Start by marking “Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)” as Want to Read:
Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)

Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  954 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The Magic School Bus blasts off on a tour of the solar system, and the kids discover how other planets differ from Earth. This field trip is definitely far out!
Published October 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Space Explorers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Explorers

The Magic School Bus Out Of This World by Joanna ColeConcise Book of Astronomy by Simon MittonPluto and Charon by Alan SternThe Magic School Bus Blasts Into Space by Kristin EarhartThe Young Oxford Book of Astronomy by Simon Mitton
Space books for kids
5th out of 22 books — 2 voters
Scratch 2.0 Programming by Denis GolikovThe Big Field by Anne MorddelThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeOn The Ocean Floor by Bruce DegenArchaeologists Dig for Clues by Kate Duke
Science for Kids
175th out of 201 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily McCracken
Apr 23, 2015 Emily McCracken rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
The Magic School Bus - Space Explorers by Eva Moore is part of the the Magic School Bus series. In this book the class travels with their teacher Ms. Frizzle into outer space. They learn the order of the planets and the different atmospheres of each one. They learn why each planet has an atmosphere like it does and about the moons that rotate around each planet.
The illustrations in all Magic School Bus books are very vibrant and interesting to look at. I remember enjoying these books, and movie
Amanda
May 12, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
A seemingly simple trip to Mars turns into a trip around our entire solar system as Ms. Frizzle and the kids teach the reader about space.

I never read the Magic School Bus books as a child, but as a teacher now for young learners it's come across my path, and it's one of the most enjoyable children's books I've read. I very much enjoyed how seamlessly science and adventure were intertwined, and I appreciated the clarification in the back about what would not have been possible in real life. Aft
Sophie Muller
Aug 27, 2014 Sophie Muller rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-literature
Another great book, but I realize that after reading it, I don't remember some facts that I found interesting. Maybe there are too many facts or they should be "discussed" more in the book. This being said, were I to teach about space, I would definitely use this books with my students as a springboard or completion feast!
Jun 16, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
Even though there are few pictures and it is a chapter book. My daughter has asked for this book over and over again (only 2 1/2). She finds it very enjoyable and asks me questions over and over about it. If she ranked it, the book would get 5 stars. However I'm only going to give it a 4 stars, I don't think it was amazing.
Kelley Bennett
Sep 11, 2014 Kelley Bennett rated it it was amazing
I love these kind of books because they are educational however students don't realize it. This book explains our solar system and details the planets individually through a fun story. This would be a great book to read when studying the planets. The book is definitely for younger readers.
Dolly
Jan 28, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is one of the first Magic School Bus chapter book we've read. And to be honest, our girls didn't like it as much. I think it's because there are so many fewer pictures and the format is different. It's a longer book, so they could cover more than what is normally encapsulated in the TV tie-in adaptations, but it's similar to others we've read in this series. We will likely read more of these chapter books as we come across them, but at the stage they're at (5 and almost 7), our girls prefer ...more
Erika
Nov 10, 2015 Erika added it
its a good book and its talks about space explorers
Andre
Sep 04, 2014 Andre rated it it was amazing
Suki
Dec 13, 2015 Suki rated it really liked it
Review by 5yo: One part is funny about this book because they were enjoying jumping but there was an accident that one of the people did and it knocked the rock collector Rocco robot dog. It pressed the fly button and he flew up saying "yap yap yap yap". It flew off to the sun and they did something and it flew off again. And they finally got it and they went back to the classroom.
M-Tear
Jul 09, 2013 M-Tear rated it it was amazing
Really like both this book, and the series. It reminds M-Tear of her year 4 classroom. Everyday we'd have reading. My teacher had this long bookcase with 'The Magic School Bus' and 'The Baby-Sitters Club: Little Sister' and so many others. Sigh... how she loved it.

Anyway, great book, nice illustrations, awesome facts and a great trip down memory lane.
Stephanie Davis
During this Magic School Bus book, the class takes a trip to space and explores the different planets. While exploring, the class finds out that each planet has a different atmosphere and gravity. Again, I would use this book to integrate language arts and science. I would read this book as an introduction to a lesson on gravity.
Kevin Evans
A lot of students love these books because they are familiar with the shows. This particular book is about the class field trip into outer space. There are all kinds of facts about the planets and other things involving outer space. This would be great for a science unit.
Callie Risse
In this Magic School Bus book. Mrs. Frizzle takes her class to outer space! There are tons of facts on every page of this book. Children will learn so much before they even realize they're learning!
Apr 25, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Aaron (5.5 yo) is very interested in everything Space related. He like this book but he knew most if the info but it was still a nice story.
Gavin
Nov 29, 2009 Gavin rated it it was amazing
I realized that there are a lot of facts in that book. I llllloooooovvvvveeeeeeeedddddddddd the book. ;)
Jaden
Oct 21, 2008 Jaden rated it really liked it
Carlos got his robot dog back before it was to late because it flew to different planets.
Neal
Jan 22, 2010 Neal rated it really liked it
I learned alot about that I didn't know before. Very interesting...
Theresa
Nov 05, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
learn about space in this science supplements for the classroom
PWRL
Jun 14, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
David Canchola
David Canchola rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
Jun 22, 2016
Nick Sippl
Nick Sippl rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Sarah Sorensen
Sarah Sorensen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Andre Pineda
Andre Pineda marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Aarush Kumar
Aarush Kumar rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • Fishy Field Trip (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #18)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)