Start by marking “One More Sunrise” as Want to Read:
One More Sunrise

One More Sunrise

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Published January 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about One More Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Sunrise

Shari Larsen
In Kansas, in 1941, 17 year old Joe Daley dreams of becoming a fighter pilot for the Air Force, but those dreams are extinguished when he fails his physical. He settles for being a crop duster, but he never moves past his failure, which has negative effects on his life and his marriage to high school sweetheart Meg.

Fast forward to 1958; Luke Ramsey, who courted Meg in high school, offers up a lot of money to farmers as the Vanguard corporation he works for wants to buy up all the land. Joe oppos...more
Emmett
FOR THE BOOK DISCUSSION.
Monkeyface
Listened to One More Sunrise byMichael Landon Jr.,Tracie Peterson
Landon's personal connection with Janette Oke's first novel accounts for his ability to capture the characters and themes on film (over two million DVDs of the first three films have been sold!); and Peterson's wealth of experience, creativity, and story-telling skills bring a wide readership to this story tailor-made for your most frequent customers. After his dreams of being a WWII flying ace are dashed, Joe settles for a dead-en...more
Lynnda Ell
One More Sunrise is a Christain fantasy about a man who hits an angel with his crop duster airplane. The plot explores the changes to the lives in the small Kansas farming town because of it.

Michael Landon Jr. and Tracie Peterson worked seamlessly in this novel. Usually, I spot weaknesses in a book without too much effort. I found none in this one. The plot is complex, with the subplots adding depth to the main storyline. The style is lush without being maudlin or overblown. The Christian moral...more
Cindy
I picked up this book because I have enjoyed several of Tracie Peterson’s books and Michael Landon Jr.’s direction of the Love Comes Softly film series (based on the Janette Oke books) and I am glad that I did. The story opens in August of 1941 with Joe Daley whose excitement and joy about life are evident. In the second chapter the story jumps to 1958 where Joe’s life has taken a path different from what he intended. He wanted to enroll in the war as a pilot but was not accepted because of a me...more
Denise
This was a refreshing reminder of life is not always perfect for Christians but we are NEVER alone -- goodbye to pity party of one! Kindness is always the best clothing to put on every morning. Forgiveness is never easy, but greater is He that is in me!
Anna
This Book I highly recommend to anyone I haven't finished it yet but it is about Joe and Meg Daley who were High School sweethearts. But, now married, Joe is a fighter Pilot who got dinked out because of his health and now he flies planes to spray for bugs. He is now sadly a drunk and his marriage is on the brink with two kids: Danny and Christy. Will their marriage survive and see one more Sunerise or will this story end with the sadest Sunset ever? You will have to read the book to find out.
Terri Tinkel
This was a book with some religious overtones. However, it would make a good book to read over a weekend and has some interesting themes. There were also a couple of "out there" moments but I still enjoyed the story. It would make a good movie for the family to see as well. And yes, the co-author is the son of Michael Landon..... As a matter of fact, I could picture Michael Landon starring in this story as the lead if he were still alive.
Amy
Mar 21, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: margaret
AWESOME! very different way of the story than what I'm used to. But it was a very good book. Michael Landon Jr continues his father's legacy of good, wholesome, family oriented stories around real struggles.
The only thing I didn't like was the back cover of the book: it didn't tell me anything to intrigue me to want to read it.
Also, I bought it cuz it was a tracie peterson book. If it was just ML jr, I probably would not have bought it.
Alison Sandiford
Well written. A few unexpected twists and turns. A great story of love, forgiveness, and redemption.
Valerie Teeling
Enjoyed the book....I liked that the beginning and the end were similar which tied the plot together nicely. However, I thought that near the end, the story was not detailed enough. Too many conflicts which could have been saved for a sequel.
Katherine
I got this is a gift, I generally don't seek out Christian fiction. It was a page turner for me, but I could also see from the way it was written that the author (who directs made for tv movies) was setting up as a future screen play!
Danielle
This book was not what I wanted it to be. It talked about a husband and wife who are headed for divorce because the husband is at the bar every week. I just don't want to read about people who are on their way to divorce!
Trish Boese
I loved this book and have read it a couple times already! It is a book that's close to my heart. Dirt-poor farmers try to keep their land from falling into the hands of a corporation.
Terry
Lots of exciting and unexpected ups and downs in this novel about faith. My favourite quote "Faith gives second chances". Thanks Gloria Leman for the gift of this special book.
Gretchen
So far it's a fabulous book. I've enjoyed it from the very first page. If you like Hallmark movies on TV, you'll love this book.
Nancy
This was an excellent book about faith, miracles, and second chances. Simple, fast read.
Lisa
Loved it though was disappointed with the lack of follow-through on one of the story lines
Melissa
Very good story the turns at the end took me by surprise. Well written and very enjoyable to read.
Linda Allen
This one kind of bogged down for me in places, but all in all it was a pretty good story.
Traci
Lisa Bermingham
This was a great story!!! I just ordered the other book that Michael Landon Jr. book.
Kemily
Not my favorite, but a realistic background of the time frame.
Vonna

This book was 'alright'. It had a decent story line.
Nancy
yes, the author is Little Joe's son...(from Bonanza)
Lizzy
I really liked this book, it was different but still good
Deborah Boutwell
Aug 15, 2009 Deborah Boutwell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fiction, Romance, faith, little bit of intrigue
Could angels be among us?
Janette
Well written--a good read.
Hildy Peterson
Grade: B-

A nice story.
Kallie
Kallie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
  • A Love Woven True (Lights of Lowell, #2)
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Where the Heart Leads (Heart of the Prairie #2)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Rare Earth
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
Michael Landon Jr., son of television legend Michael Landon, is an award-winning storyteller, first in television and film, and now in books. His print works include Traces of Mercy and One More Sunrise co-written with Tracie Peterson.
More about Michael Landon Jr....
The Silent Gift Traces of Mercy Finding Mercy (Mercy Medallion Trilogy #2) Finding Mercy: A Novel (Mercy Medallion Series Book 2) Erin and Britannia: The Historical Background to a Modern Tragedy