Start by marking “One More Sunrise” as Want to Read:
One More Sunrise

One More Sunrise

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  285 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
A Mysterious Father...An Odd Stranger...Another Chance?

Joe Daley's life is spiraling out of control. In more ways than one...

His dreams of WWII glory died along with his plans to serve his country. Fifteen years later, Joe Daley flies a crop duster and struggles through life, with his marriage to high-school-sweetheart Meg running on fumes.

Until one morning when Joe's dail
Published January 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about One More Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Sunrise

Debbie Zapata
Mar 14, 2015 Debbie Zapata rated it it was ok
Shelves: dar
Do you remember the show Highway To Heaven starring Michael Landon? How about the movie Michael starring John Travolta? It's A Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart? Did you like all of them? Then you will like this book by Michael Landon Jr. There are elements of each movie here: I found myself thinking Oh, just like when Michael showed up! And Oh, Clarence had to earn his wings, too. And overall was the safety of Highway To Heaven.

I am not putting down any of these movies, and I am not slighting
Shari Larsen
Aug 24, 2013 Shari Larsen rated it it was amazing
In Kansas, in 1941, 17 year old Joe Daley dreams of becoming a fighter pilot for the Air Force, but those dreams are extinguished when he fails his physical. He settles for being a crop duster, but he never moves past his failure, which has negative effects on his life and his marriage to high school sweetheart Meg.

Fast forward to 1958; Luke Ramsey, who courted Meg in high school, offers up a lot of money to farmers as the Vanguard corporation he works for wants to buy up all the land. Joe oppos
Deborah Huffman
Jun 27, 2015 Deborah Huffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plenty of story for a good movie

Follow small town high school sweethearts Meg and Joe as they struggle to pull their marriage back together in the 1950's. A returning high school rival with a business deal for the area farms that is too good to be true, Meg's best friend Norma returning with three foster sons and no husband to rebuild their lives, and an Angel who is stuck down by Joe's plane all add to the plot and help Joe and Meg strengthen their faith in each other. Plenty of drama bring the
Emmett
Mar 28, 2012 Emmett rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
FOR THE BOOK DISCUSSION.
Monkeyface
Oct 17, 2014 Monkeyface rated it it was amazing
Listened to One More Sunrise byMichael Landon Jr.,Tracie Peterson
Landon's personal connection with Janette Oke's first novel accounts for his ability to capture the characters and themes on film (over two million DVDs of the first three films have been sold!); and Peterson's wealth of experience, creativity, and story-telling skills bring a wide readership to this story tailor-made for your most frequent customers. After his dreams of being a WWII flying ace are dashed, Joe settles for a dead-en
Lynnda Ell
May 20, 2010 Lynnda Ell rated it it was amazing
One More Sunrise is a Christain fantasy about a man who hits an angel with his crop duster airplane. The plot explores the changes to the lives in the small Kansas farming town because of it.

Michael Landon Jr. and Tracie Peterson worked seamlessly in this novel. Usually, I spot weaknesses in a book without too much effort. I found none in this one. The plot is complex, with the subplots adding depth to the main storyline. The style is lush without being maudlin or overblown. The Christian moral
Cindy
May 31, 2016 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I picked up this book because I have enjoyed several of Tracie Peterson’s books and Michael Landon Jr.’s direction of the Love Comes Softly film series (based on the Janette Oke books) and I am glad that I did. The story opens in August of 1941 with Joe Daley whose excitement and joy about life are evident. In the second chapter the story jumps to 1958 where Joe’s life has taken a path different from what he intended. He wanted to enroll in the war as a pilot but was not accepted because of a me ...more
Gloria Sherwood
May 20, 2016 Gloria Sherwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful clean Christian book

I loved loved the story, it fills you with so many emotions as the story proceeds, I could not figure out where it was going much of the time. It is quite a tear jerker. No sexual content, thank you. I recommend the authors and the book. This would make a great movie.
Denise
Aug 14, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
This was a refreshing reminder of life is not always perfect for Christians but we are NEVER alone -- goodbye to pity party of one! Kindness is always the best clothing to put on every morning. Forgiveness is never easy, but greater is He that is in me!
Shari
Nov 01, 2014 Shari rated it really liked it
A little hard to stay with it in the beginning, but once I got through that section, it was a better read. Liked it!
Anna
Mar 16, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing
This Book I highly recommend to anyone I haven't finished it yet but it is about Joe and Meg Daley who were High School sweethearts. But, now married, Joe is a fighter Pilot who got dinked out because of his health and now he flies planes to spray for bugs. He is now sadly a drunk and his marriage is on the brink with two kids: Danny and Christy. Will their marriage survive and see one more Sunerise or will this story end with the sadest Sunset ever? You will have to read the book to find out.
Terri Tinkel
This was a book with some religious overtones. However, it would make a good book to read over a weekend and has some interesting themes. There were also a couple of "out there" moments but I still enjoyed the story. It would make a good movie for the family to see as well. And yes, the co-author is the son of Michael Landon..... As a matter of fact, I could picture Michael Landon starring in this story as the lead if he were still alive.
Amy
Mar 21, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: margaret
AWESOME! very different way of the story than what I'm used to. But it was a very good book. Michael Landon Jr continues his father's legacy of good, wholesome, family oriented stories around real struggles.
The only thing I didn't like was the back cover of the book: it didn't tell me anything to intrigue me to want to read it.
Also, I bought it cuz it was a tracie peterson book. If it was just ML jr, I probably would not have bought it.
Alison Sandiford
Sep 05, 2014 Alison Sandiford rated it it was amazing
Well written. A few unexpected twists and turns. A great story of love, forgiveness, and redemption.
Valerie Teeling
Enjoyed the book....I liked that the beginning and the end were similar which tied the plot together nicely. However, I thought that near the end, the story was not detailed enough. Too many conflicts which could have been saved for a sequel.
Katherine
Jun 15, 2009 Katherine rated it it was ok
I got this is a gift, I generally don't seek out Christian fiction. It was a page turner for me, but I could also see from the way it was written that the author (who directs made for tv movies) was setting up as a future screen play!
Danielle
Jan 11, 2009 Danielle rated it did not like it
This book was not what I wanted it to be. It talked about a husband and wife who are headed for divorce because the husband is at the bar every week. I just don't want to read about people who are on their way to divorce!
Trish Boese
Jan 26, 2016 Trish Boese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fiction
5* I loved this book and have read it a couple times already! It is a book that's close to my heart. Dirt-poor farmers try to keep their land from falling into the hands of a corporation.
Terry
Jul 19, 2013 Terry rated it really liked it
Lots of exciting and unexpected ups and downs in this novel about faith. My favourite quote "Faith gives second chances". Thanks Gloria Leman for the gift of this special book.
Gretchen
Oct 15, 2009 Gretchen rated it it was amazing
So far it's a fabulous book. I've enjoyed it from the very first page. If you like Hallmark movies on TV, you'll love this book.
Grams
Jun 29, 2016 Grams rated it really liked it
Great story! I've had this book for awhile and finally got around to reading it and I'm glad I did.
Nancy
Apr 01, 2010 Nancy rated it really liked it
This was an excellent book about faith, miracles, and second chances. Simple, fast read.
Lisa
Apr 20, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Loved it though was disappointed with the lack of follow-through on one of the story lines
Melissa
Nov 14, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Very good story the turns at the end took me by surprise. Well written and very enjoyable to read.
Linda Allen
Nov 13, 2011 Linda Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one kind of bogged down for me in places, but all in all it was a pretty good story.
Traci
Oct 01, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it
Lisa Bermingham
Jan 10, 2013 Lisa Bermingham rated it it was amazing
This was a great story!!! I just ordered the other book that Michael Landon Jr. book.
Kemily
Jan 16, 2013 Kemily rated it it was ok
Not my favorite, but a realistic background of the time frame.
Vonna
Jul 20, 2012 Vonna rated it really liked it

This book was 'alright'. It had a decent story line.
Nancy
Dec 07, 2010 Nancy rated it it was ok
yes, the author is Little Joe's son...(from Bonanza)
  • A Love Woven True (Lights of Lowell, #2)
  • Till Morning Is Nigh (Country Road Chronicles #3)
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Learning to Fly
  • Snow Soldiers
  • Down Right Good
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)
  • Where the Heart Leads (Heart of the Prairie #2)
  • The Little Sparrows (The Orphan Trains Trilogy, #1)
  • Wagered Heart
  • Tomorrow's Treasure (East of the Sun #1)
  • Miss Invisible
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Instant Menace
Michael Landon Jr., son of television legend Michael Landon, is an award-winning storyteller, first in television and film, and now in books. His print works include Traces of Mercy and One More Sunrise co-written with Tracie Peterson.
More about Michael Landon Jr....