Start by marking “Heart Of Stone (Long, Tall Texans, #32)” as Want to Read:
Heart Of Stone (Long, Tall Texans, #32)

Heart Of Stone (Long, Tall Texans #37)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,463 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Boone Sinclair is a hallmark Diana Palmer hero: tall, strong, and handsome. A businessman and a rancher, Boone had it all—except for Keely Welsh. The first time he spotted her on his property, he was determined not to let her get away from him. The lovely beauty would be his.…

Every long, tall Texan gets his woman, and this one would not be denied.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #1921, 219 pages
Published August 19th 2008 by Silhouette (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart Of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Of Stone

jenjn79
Standard Diana Palmer fare. Although I didn't mind the book, liked it to a certain degree, there wasn't really anything unique about it. Her books are generally rather formulaic, but this one seemed like a re-telling of one or more of her other books. I could predict almost everything that was going to happen throughout the story.

Innocent young virgin down on her luck. She's in love with her best friend's older brother. Said older brother is an emotionally cut off rancher who wants nothing to do
Ann Keller
Jan 21, 2015 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Keely Walsh's father was heavily into drug trafficking and her mother was a drunk. When she was a teenager, Keely risked her life by jumping into a pit to save a young boy from a mountain lion attack. The attack left her shoulder scarred and her arm much weaker than it should have been.

Boone Sinclair used to be in Special Operations. Before he returned to ranching, he saw and did things that would make your hair curl. Some of those assignments left him damaged, too, both physically and mentally.
Amanda Sheila
May 16, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: diana-palmer
Well, it's good. :)

Keely's miserable. Boone, her forever-crush man hate her. It shows blatantly by his cold demeanor toward her and he keeps acting like Keely didn't exist. Besides, even if Boone does like her, she couldn't say yes. Because she has some secrets. Secrets that she's not willing to share to anyone, especially Boone..

Very typical of Diana Palmer. Again, cold Alpha Male kind of Hero, way-too-young heroine, misunderstanding and secret past. Still, I'll never get enough of this theme
Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Keely Welsh is best friends with Winnie Sinclair and has been for a while. Winnie is Boone Sinclair's little sister and for some reason Boone likes to pretend Keely doesn't exist. He acknowledges her presence well enough but for all intent and purposes she may as well be a piece of furniture!

They both seem fine with keeping their relationship as distant as possible, until Keely starts doing things that Boone can no longer ignore. Saving his dog and dating his brother?!

Boone can ignore a lot of t
Barbara
Apr 28, 2013 Barbara rated it did not like it
After reading through another in the “Long Tall Texans” romance series, I can’t tell if I should be angry at Diana Palmer for writing such a bad novel or angry at myself for wasting an hour reading it.

Plain Keely Walsh is in love with her friend Clark’s brother, Boone Sinclair, a handsome rancher. As the book begins, Keely is 19 and Boone is 30. As the parent of a 17-year-old, I would drop-kick a 30-year-old man who came sniffing around my daughter. Are there really no other women closer to his
Hortencia
Jan 03, 2011 Hortencia rated it it was ok
So far, have read 'Callaghan's Bride' and 'Heart of Stone' by Palmer. I have to say that the main characters in both of these books lacked depth and development. As well, the main characters (as well as the relationship they had with each other) from the latter book were very similar to those from the former, which didn't impress me.

The next of Palmer's books that I will read are 'Heartless' and 'The Best Is Yet To Come'. If these two books disappoint, I doubt I will read any more of this author
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Saddle up cowboy because your in for the ride of a life time. Keeley is poor girl who works for a living. At least that is what Boone thinks. Add to that his brother Clark is going out with a gold digger girlfriend, and you've got problems. But as Boone learns you can't control every aspect of your life just because you are afraid to get hurt. Unlike Keeley's alcoholic mother and criminal father, she is the most stable of her family. Until her father starts making threats to get money. Then ever ...more
Cecelia
I liked this one more than some of her other more recent books but they all seem a bit too similar to me. I think the charachter interaction and frame of action is much more better constructed here than in other books, however I still have issues with the age of Keely and some of the circumstances that surround the charachters in their background.
Jenny
May 19, 2010 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book contains one of the funniest scenes ever!! I can't explain it without spoiling the story. Maybe not spoiling but it'd definitely confuse you.
Milea
Oct 09, 2008 Milea rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it keep on the edge of my seat the charters are so real it is like i am acually there watching the drama unfold!!!
Consuela Rossetto
Jul 31, 2015 Consuela Rossetto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harmony
Ricchissimo, volitivo e sicuro di sé, Boone Sinclair ha tutto ciò che un uomo può desiderare, tranne Keely Welsh.

L'incantevole bellezza di lei lo ha sempre tentato ed è stato difficile resistere al suo fascino innocente.

Ma Boone era troppo esperto, il rapporto troppo impari per avere un futuro.

Quando però Keely si trova nei guai, lui le offre aiuto e protezione, accogliendola come ospite nella sua vasta proprietà.

Adesso che vivono sotto lo stesso tetto, tocca a Keely convincerlo che non è più un
Barb
Sep 30, 2008 Barb rated it liked it
a definite light read, read on a day after dental work holding ice to my face :):)
Kaycee Sapinoso
READ: JULY 2013
READ: DECEMBER 2014

Since last Dec. 18 was holiday here in Doha, I decided to re-read since I haven't decided what to read yet. And I chose to re-read my Diana Palmer's books.

Heart Of Stone is about Boone and Keely's story. It's a part of Jacobsville, Texas series. Boone Sinclair has always been fascinated and drawn to his little sister's best friend, Keely Welsh. And he didn't like it. Especially after her mother tried to seduced him and told him bad things about Keely. So he tre
Livia
Jul 10, 2013 Livia rated it really liked it
Excellent entry to the Long Tall Texan series featuring Boone Sinclair and Keely Welsh. Keely has worshiped her best friend's brother for years but she's only 19 and Boone being 30 feels he's too old for her. Keely works for Bentley Rydel, Jacobsville's wealthy animal doctor which puts her square in the Comanche Wells/ Jacobsville community and a key player in the Long Tall Texas Series. (Both Keely and Boone are characters that will be featured in subsequent books.)

Keely has secrets that hamper
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Homens do Texas 39
Coração de Pedra
Diana Palmer

Mais uma historinha gostosinha da DP. Posso estar enganada, mas sinto uma evolução nas estórias Homens do Texas. Não é nada mirabolante, mas sinto que mudanças na forma, se compararmos as primeiras estórias da série, vai perceber que os enredos estão mais elaborados.

A história não fica centra apenas nas obsessões do mocinho e nem inocência virginal da mocinha. Há um pano de fundo. Além do romance, quem lê a série sabe que em Jacobsville há o maior ar
Kathy
Mar 17, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Lizabeth Tucker
Feb 22, 2013 Lizabeth Tucker rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Nineteen year old Keely Welsh knew her love for Boone Sinclair was hopeless, even if the hard older man hadn't made it clear that he disliked her. Keely was the daughter of divorced alcoholics who made her young life a living hell. Now her father and his violent partner are back, looking for money. When Boone realizes the danger Keely is in, he finds himself becoming involved and realizing that he has been wrong about her character.

Palmer's heroines are good girls, usually shy. Her heroes are tr
Kelli
May 27, 2014 Kelli rated it liked it
I wanted to give this book more stars because it had a strong beginning and middle but then the end came and it felt a little sloppily and quickly tossed together. Such a shame too because this had the potential to be a new six-star off the charts favorite for me.
Overall Heart of Stone is a good compelling story that I'd still highly recommend my friends to read.
M
Apr 22, 2014 M rated it liked it
You love to hate Boone Sinclair. Keely is the decade younger girl who Boone always misjudged and finally accepts he is very attracted. Silly but fun to read.
Jo
Feb 16, 2014 Jo rated it it was amazing
Boone Sinclair/Kelly Welsh-he was a rancher and she was the best friend of his sister who early in life was scarred by a lion attack when her father had a anaiml perserve but her father lost the perserve because of law suits and she moved to her mother home and that were she because friends with Boone sister. Boone wanted nothing to do with her because of her age but things changed and they became close nad Boone told her to leave that ranch and never come back so she starting walking till she g ...more
Agnese
Apr 17, 2014 Agnese rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Agnese by: my cousin
I liked the story, but the end was like all the film ends that i had watched..but i wanted to know what hapened to the bad guys..
Jenny
Feb 28, 2014 Jenny rated it liked it
This is Keely and Boone's story. Not the best story in the series but fast, sweet read!
Ann Mulholland
Honestly, I found this way too scattered. way too much going on and not enough depth.
Spinneretta
Feb 15, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it
Good.
Elizabeth
Dec 18, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Great little read. With Keenly determined to prove she's not a 'girl' anymore and Boone determined to block her attempts at wooing him it's great!
Desiree reilly
Jun 08, 2011 Desiree reilly rated it it was amazing
THE COVER I HAVE IS THE ESSENTIAL COPY
WELL WHAT HAPPEN THE TOWN OF JACKSONVILLE WERE UP TO THE HART BOYS JANIE WAS IN LOVE BUT HOW CAN SHE
TELL LEO SHE IS THE ONE FOR HIM SHE CHANGE HER ATTITUDE HER GIRLFRIEND WAS TELLING HER THAT LEO DID NOT LIKE HER AND SHE WANTED HIM FOR HER SELF WELL WHEN JANIE CHANGE FOR THE GOOD AND THEN FALL FOR LEO WHO IS IN ON YOU WILL SEE WELL ALL COME TOGETHER OR DOES IT THE BOOK WILL KEEP YOU READING IT
I READ THEM IN ONE DAY
Barb
Feb 10, 2016 Barb rated it it was amazing
Rancher Boone Sinclair is the ultimate Long, Tall Texan—reticent, noble and blessed with a Texas-size stubbornness! He’s always been beguiled by the lovely Keely Welsh, but he’s kept his distance to protect her innocence. Yet Keely’s no longer a girl who needs his protection—she’s a woman out to win his heart!
This was full of suspense. Loved it! I wanted to slap Boone in the head at times, but it was a great read. 5 stars.
Nabi Bibi
Jul 30, 2014 Nabi Bibi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diana-palmer
My favourite DP bk ever
Maggie
Feb 06, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it
I've been fascinated by Palmer's books. She writes a lot of books set in Texas and in the country. I think I first read her in an anthology. This book echo's back to an ebook I read last year, a lot of the same characters. Its a love story complicated by past events, I liked the main characters a lot and enjoyed the book. I read it in an afternoon so I'd certainly say it was a quick read!
Danielle
Dec 05, 2009 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Typical heart warming Diana Palmer, thankfully Boone was not a real jerk like some of her male protagonists. He was one of the nicer Long Tall Texans. The two main characters were definitely made for each other. They both had been scarred in the past, Boone by the war and Keely by her parents. Yet they were the only ones that could accept the other's scars.
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Forbidden or For Bedding?
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Stay...
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Except My Love
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Istri Simpanan

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)