Start by marking “Darth Maul” as Want to Read:
Darth Maul

Darth Maul (Star Wars: Journals)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Darth Maul recounts his training as a Sith Master and how he learned to derive power from pain, hatred, and the dark side of the Force as he prepares for the conquest of Naboo and the destruction of Queen Amidala and the Jedi.
Published March 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Darth Maul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darth Maul

Path of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynHeir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDarth Plagueis by James LucenoRule of Two by Drew KarpyshynDynasty of Evil by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
222nd out of 320 books — 892 voters
Path of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynDarth Plagueis by James LucenoDynasty of Evil by Drew KarpyshynRule of Two by Drew KarpyshynRevan by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Sith Books
10th out of 14 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Meadow
I read this one when I was little, so I don't really remember much about it. But the idea of him keeping a journal was kind of funny!
JP
I read this my son recommended it, and then added that Darth Maul reminded him of an extreme version of me. Darth Maul trains constantly and pushes himself at every opportunity. Ultimately, his undoing was his solitary focus on revenge, which kept him from seeing an attack. I hope it's only the attitude toward self-improvement my son was seeing.
Megan
i kinda just skimmed though this book, there was nothing interesting to read in it. the only thing i remember is that maul fought some student and got a leg injory, and the rest was really boring, and at the end the emporer finished the jornal because darth maul was dead. hey, i was only seven, give me a break.
J.M.
I bought this solely because of the author ~ she wrote the Jedi Apprentice series, which is just amazing, and even though I'm not a Darth Maul fan, I thought I'd give this a try. I have to say, the book really gives depth and meaning to a character otherwise relegated to two dimensions in the first movie.
Jenee
My favorite out of the journals from episode 1. I think I liked this one so much because Darth Maul is such a mysterious character, nothing is really known about him or his backgroud. His personality in this book is surprising.
Tara Calaby
This was definitely the most interesting of the journals, as it goes far beyond what is shown in the film itself. Still, it's a fairly basic account that is not going to change anyone's view of Maul very much at all.
Strawberry
This was much better than the other two journals about Amidala and Anakin, because there was a lot of information aside from what you see in the movie. But still... it does not deserve to be called "good".
Jake
This book provides an interesting insight into Darth Maul's character and his training under Darth Sidious.
Rory Q
Excellent, very good insight into the dark side of the force
A.
by Powell's Book

Item currently not available
Kiril
Kiril marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Richard Shank
Richard Shank marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Stirling
Stirling marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Samantha Turner
Samantha Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Charon Lloyd-roberts
Charon Lloyd-roberts marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
RebeLibrarian
RebeLibrarian marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars: Journal)
  • Army of Terror (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #6)
  • Hunted (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #4)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • The Wrath of Darth Maul (Star Wars)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Uprising (Star Wars Rebel Force, #6)
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6) Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues,  #4) A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2) Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1) The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)