The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #7)

The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice #7)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,209 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Everybody is under suspicion, and no one is safe from harm. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn must get to the heart of the conspiracy...or watch the Temple be destroyed--from the inside.
Published April 1st 2000 by Scholastic Inc.

Branwen *Blaidd Drwg*
It is not age but ability that marks a turning point.

"The very worst time is the time you must follow the Jedi Code. Cast away your doubt. Let the Force enter you."

Although Qui-Gon has not yet accepted Obi-Wan back as his apprentice, the two work together with the other Jedi masters in an effort to quickly track down the culprit in series of thefts and violent crimes that have taken place within the temple. Along the way they just might learn to trust each other once again.

I would like to divide...more
Cedric Key
As a big fan of this series from my youth I saw this book and decided to check it out. I never got this far into the series, but I distinctly recall reading the first entry all the way back in first grade and absolutely loving it. Now I'm able to see the seams a little more with my lifetime of reading experience intervening, but I can still appreciate this fun little tale. These stories follow Obi-Wan Kenobi, my favorite character from all of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, and just get...more
Ruth
Excellent book. Brings Obi and Qui back together in their Padawan/Master relationship. Highly recommend not only this book, but this entire series. Great background for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's Master/Padawan relationship. Even though these are 'kids' books, they are filled with enough action/adventure to keep adults entertained as well.
(Spoiler Warning)
Obi-Wan grows up quite a bit in this book and learns to take responsibility for his actions. He has to face some heart-rending situations, but com...more
Siobhan Parker
Another exciting episode in the Jedi Apprentice saga, this one featuring a character who had been absent for the last few books. Many books that have an inferior writing style aren't worth reading, but Jude Watson's juvenile Star Wars novels don't fall into that trap, because, even though the style of writing isn't the best, it's good enough that it doesn't detract from a wonderful space opera story. I'm really interested in how this series will end; hopefully, I can get my hands on all the rema...more
Scott Shadel
I am reading the whole series and will post a review upon completion of Jedi Apprentice 18 : The Threat Within
Isis
It was great to see Obi-Wan back where he belonged, with the Jedi, and there was plenty of uncertainty about his fate, which made for a gripping read. It was a really interesting twist, setting the entire story in the Jedi Temple for once. It was also fun to see the story played as a crime/mystery. Although, it was frustrating to see (view spoiler). Once again, kind of lacking in description and development.

7...more
Michael
This book wasn't as exciting or well done as previous books, but it was still a pretty good read.
Travis
This was the second of only two books I've read in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It was a fun look at an Obi-Wan younger still than his portrayal by Ewan McGregor, and a Qui-Gon to match. I don't remember the part with the attempted assassination on Yoda, but I remember how it would have fit into the plot, which wasn't too busy, but kept a good pace. I think this was the first time I read a lightsaber battle, and it was pretty well done. Overall, an appealing take on a Jedi adventure.
Angela
Suitable for 8+ and those who have seen the films.
The jedi temple is under attack from the inside but they don't know who is responsible. Obi Wan wants to prove he can still be a jedi (after events in previous books). This is a good mystery and has some really nice character moments like Obi Wan growing up and Qui Gon fighting against his distrust of everything. Qui Gon is really coming into his own in this series of books, you really understand his character.
Leana
Wish this was longer! Obi-Wan's struggles with the reality of taking a life + the whole shattered trust situation with Qui-Gon is fascinating. Kinda acts like foreshadowing to Anakin & Obi-Wan's relationship. I especially love Tahl's relating to Qui-Gon that the rebuilding of trust could be even more beautiful by telling him that anecdote about the craft of glass vases by the Aurea artisans.
Jeff Cothern

The Jedi Temple is under attack. An attempt has been made to kill Yoda. A dangerous intruder has infiltrated the Jedi. Everyone is under suspicion, and no one is safe. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jim must get to the heart of the conspiracy or watch the Temple be destroyed from the inside.

Daniel Rose
Xantos is back and he is inside the temple. Qui Gon and Obi Won team up again but not as master and apprentice. Dealing with Xantos and his dark side auroa and trying to save the temple from self destructing.
Payson davenport
i love the beggining when obi-wan comes back and his master doesnt trust him any any more than in the end he leaves with his master again even though he doesnt trust him.
Madeline Stone
I really liked all of the Star Wars books by Jude Watson that I read, although they were a little bit below my reading level.
Natasha
This one will keep you on your toes! You won't believe what happens to the temple!
Jenee
A great series for a younger audience but still memberable for older ones.
Jessie
A good response to coming off the love story. Good action.
The Third Place A Teen Library
F WAT ja bk.7
Science Fiction
Cooper
Cooper marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Mom
Mom marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sade
Sade added it
Jul 20, 2014
Gabor
Gabor marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
  • Lyric's World (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #2)
  • Trouble on Cloud City (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #13)
  • Hostage (Star Wars: Rebel Force #2)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6) Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues,  #4) A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2) The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2) The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)