Start by marking “Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)

Into the Deep (Rock Harbor #3)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  1,807 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
A canine search-and-rescue team find the missing link between disparate crimes that have authorities perplexed.

A local scientist misses his son's birthday party and turns up dead in Lake Superior. A radical environmental group blames a mysterious lab for dead fish found in a remote stream. Then an Alzheimer's patient goes missing and his home is ransacked.

Bree Nichols and
Published September 20th 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Deep

Barbara
Another easy read from Colleen Coble. A local scientist is missing and when his body is found in Lake Superior, fowl play is discovered. A radial environmental group, headed by the conniving ex of one of the locals, shows up to dissuade more scientific endeavors. Also, Bree's beloved rescue dog Samson runs afoul of a dogfighting ring. A lot of subplots are here, and the author ties them up nicely while describing Michigan's Upper Peninsula in a manner so as to make you want to make reservations ...more
Ronda  Tutt
Jun 09, 2009 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book - The series is great - I couldn't put this book down. I started reading at 11:00 p.m. and read all through the night till 6:00 a.m. and finished it.

Bree and her search and rescue dog Samson have captured my heart.

Colleen Coble has a great way in weaving these mysteries through out the book. All I say is "EXCELENT!!!!"
Kathryn
May 16, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Kelli
Jun 09, 2008 Kelli rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It is certainly a one day book for me, I didn't want to put it down!

I am hoping this is not a final installment, because I dont feel like the story has been told completely, here's hoping for number 4...and 5...and 6...and...
TaylorZuv
Jun 26, 2016 TaylorZuv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing!! Into the Deep really kept you wanting to read, the author even left certain people known as "he" or "she". This book once again brought through the powers of friendship and perseverance.
joyce lynn
Aug 27, 2007 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing
w/ each book i read of her's, she just keeps getting better and better and ... !!!

ya know, for some authors, we need a negative number up there, but for some, like Colleen Coble, we need more than 5 stars!!!
Jessica
Dec 31, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It has the same great suspense as the first two. My only real problem with this book was personal. As an animal-lover extraordinaire, I found some parts of this book very disturbing. Can't wait to go buy book four!
Joleen
I had to laugh at myself on this one. At first I gave it a two-star rating because I was so confused about all the different couples and who related to who, or how they all know each other. I read the first book in the series than months later read this one thinking it was the next one (clearly I didn't look at the cover, pfffft!) Anyway, my frustration was all for naught when I realized just now I skipped a book.
Anyway.....
This was a pretty good book...not as good as the first one. I felt a lo
Rochelle Stocks
Jun 19, 2017 Rochelle Stocks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have really enjoyed the "Rock Harbor" series and will definitely be reading more.
Pauline J
Oct 20, 2016 Pauline J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read!

This book really kept my attention with all its twists and turns. I would highly recommend this book to you.
Bekah
May 28, 2017 Bekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series keeps getting better and better. I really enjoyed this 3rd installment in the Rock Harbor Series. This book had an interesting twist in it as it dealt with some of Bree's extended family that she did not know she had along with a thrilling mystery.

What I Liked: Colleen Coble definitely has a talent for mysteries and I really like how strong the Christian message is in each of these books so far. I liked Cassie and her father, there's an interesting plot twist with them, but I don't w
Victor Gentile
Jun 19, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Coble in her new book “Into The Deep” Book Three in the Rock Harbor series published by Thomas Nelson gives us another adventure with Bree Matthews and Samson, her search-and-rescue dog.

From the back cover: When Bree’s dog Samson goes missing, it’s just the beginning of her life turning upside-down.

Bree Nicholls and her K-9 search-and-rescue dog, Samson, recover missing persons around the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. Together they’ve become an unstoppable mystery-solving team.

When
Hwydiva
Jul 21, 2015 Hwydiva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't get the positive reviews of this book. It is a very easy, mindless read but the characters are not realistic. Is this a mystery? Not really. Not enough depth. Is it a romance? Not really. Not enough passion.

So the characters. Is the author trying to say that people from small towns are extremely slow? I have a friend who wants a baby and a friend who wants to give up a baby, but it took Bree most of the book to put it together. My dog was almost stolen, but Bree just leaves the dog outsi
Judy
Apr 22, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this Book Three of the series. As per usual, parts of the book really dragged and the ending was great. Only it just stopped, and then there really wasn't an ending for this book to get into the next book. I am enjoying these books only crave an ending. Keep wondering how some of the plots for the main characters are going to end, only we don't get very much information. Then we have all these new characters and learn so much about them...

I still would recommend this series. Much of the
Tonya
Nov 28, 2010 Tonya rated it liked it
This was the 3rd in the series. Loved 1 and 2, didn't love this 1 quite as well. A lot of sub plots and plenty of characters to keep track of. I did enjoy the blossoming relationship between Bree and Kade, and glad they finally have worked out the snags in their relationship. The book left me with much to think about in regard to our relationships with friends, and especially with estranged family members, how to forgive and let go of the past. Accept those things we cannot change as we explore ...more
Dorothy Timm
Actually the review should be a 3 1/2 stars overall. The first half of the book was very confusing and I would barely give it a 3. There were so many (seemingly) disjointed storylines that I couldn't keep them all straight. By the second half of the book many of the storylines were connected and the book became much easier to follow, almost enjoyable. However, the storyline at the end was wrapped up rather quickly, I thought, and a few minor storylines, which just muddied the water initially, we ...more
Elaine
Oct 23, 2013 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. It definitely is better to be reading the series in order. There were several story lines going at once that I sometimes felt was a little too much but she brought it all together in the end so that was very good. The parts about the dog-fighting really disturbed me, it was icky reading about that. It did make me want to keep reading to see how it all turned out and I am already started in the next book in the series.
Jenny
Enjoying the quirky characters...love the dogs. Still some awkward moments of scriptures/God references that don't weave in quite right. I don't mind the spiritual stuff, but I hope the author gets a bit more skilled at making it seamless instead of "stand out" ish...This was an interesting storyline with some good twists and turns. Very "real" characters, imperfect...but still "heroes" in a way.
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
Rock Harbor series, #3. A Christian murder mystery. A pharmaceutical lab moves into a tight-knit community, and unexplained crimes and murders begin to crop up everywhere. Search-and-rescue leader Bree figures all of the mysteries out.

This has been the best of the three so far. You can really see how the author's writing style has evolved and matured. An enjoyable read, though I wanted to know more about some of the characters from the first two novels.
Angie
Jan 16, 2017 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie
Jul 10, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This is the third book of the series. I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed the others. Once again I got a connection to the characters and beautiful setting of the story. This book continues to express the growing relationship between Bree, Kade, and her son Davy. Into the Deep, along with all the books from this series, always provide a surprising twist somewhere throughout the story. It keeps you guessing and on your toes for sure!

Jenny Malmborg
Mar 23, 2013 Jenny Malmborg rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
When I bought and started to read this book I didn't at first know that this was the third book in a series. So I finished it, even though there where loads of things I didn't understand, but I still liked the book. But then I got hold of the first and second and everything started to make sense. But now, I've learned that this series consist of five books! So now I have to go book searching for the remaining two..
Teresa Snyder
Aug 09, 2012 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the third book in a five book series. I think this was my favorite of the three book. If for no other reason, it's the book that got rid of Nick! It's also the book that gave me my happily-ever-after ending. Unlike the other two books, this one leaned more toward the romance side, instead of the mystery side. There was still plenty of mystery, but the mystery shared the spot light with romance. Looking forward to starting book four in the series.
Mandy Tucker
The same complaint as with the other books in this series... Too many secondary characters introduced. It's confusing for the reader. Also, this book was peppered with typos. It's as if the editor was in a huge rush. Love the main characters and the story line, but this was my least favorite in the Rock Harbor series. At this point, I'm glad there is only one book left.
Mrs. Doglvrs
Apr 26, 2011 Mrs. Doglvrs rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I think I liked this book the best of the series so far... wow what a whirlwind! Had me guessing right up to the end.
I had the killer figured out -- but she really had me with how the kidnapping fit together with the lab and everything.
Excellent story. Yet again, Ms. Coble -- you've done it again!
Sheryl
Bree 's dog is kidnapped and a scientist is found dead. She is desperate to find her search and rescue dog and finds that both Samsons disappearance and the murder may be connected. Bree is also starting to realize that Nick is not the man she loves and that she has not been fair to Kade who has told her he loves her. In the end she gets her dog and solves the murder. Sweet ending.
Jean Doane
Oct 19, 2016 Jean Doane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read only about 20% of this book. I quit reading when I realized it was a "Christian" book. The author has the characters speak about their Christian faith, admonishing one another to pray, for example. The Christianity portrayed is too fundamentalist to be palatable to me. It's too bad because I liked the idea of reading about a woman and her rescue dog.
Kit Hackett
Jan 17, 2014 Kit Hackett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Animal lover

this book was wonderful and terrible all at the same time. Colleen Coble is a gifted story teller, who keeps you on the edge of your seat. Knowing Samson has to be OK, but what is he isn't? A great read, great ending!
Teresa TL Bruce
Feb 18, 2010 Teresa TL Bruce rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
This third book in the Rock Harbor series was my least favorite, although I did enjoy it. A bit more predictable in its subplots, the main thrust of the story did keep me guessing until near the very end.
Jen
Jan 18, 2012 Jen rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I chose this book because it was set in Michigan, but somehow it didn't seem like it was really set in the the Michigan I am familiar with. It was also definitely a romance writer doing murder mystery. I just wasn't compelled enough by the writing or the plot to keep reading.
  • Dead of Night (Hidden Faces Series, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Guardians of Justice, #2)
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • The Buck Stops Here (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #5)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (6 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)

“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.’ When we’re delighting in him, our desires come in line with his, not his with what we want.” 1 likes