Start by marking “There is a Season (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #3)” as Want to Read:
There is a Season (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #3)

There is a Season (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #3)

Hoping to escape a brutal New York winter, Cheney and Shiloh travel with a group of friends to Sangria House, a small citrus plantation in Florida. But when they arrive, all is not as they expected. Though the place seems deserted, with no supplies or staff, they manage to get settled in and look forward to enjoying a relaxing holiday together.
Published July 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about There is a Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There is a Season

Aug 16, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
The last of "The Inheritance" trilogy -- and totally different than the other two books. I'm not a mystery fan. If I were, maybe I would have guessed the culprit sooner. But -- This one kept me guessing until the very end. So -- for me -- it was a good mystery. I really have to say -- I liked the 2nd book of the trilogy the best, just because the subject matter was the most favorite to me. The author seems to be very knowledgeable about a lot of subjects in this trilogy: seamanship, medicine, fo ...more
Ashley Carmichael
Oct 12, 2015 Ashley Carmichael rated it liked it
A decent story with a fairly good mystery. Sadly I feel disconnected from the characters throughout most of the novel. Cheney doesn't have her usual spunk and Shiloh is not as relatable as in other books of the series. I enjoyed where the story ends up but feel a little sad about the disconnect (kind of like the last season of your favorite tv show where nothing is quite right but you still love what you've come to love in the style of the story telling).
Jul 03, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved both the Cheney Duvall M.D. Series as well as Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance. I finished this book a while ago, and like many readers noted, the ending felt incomplete. I was wondering if any reader knew if Gilbert and Lynn Morris would be continuing the series, which I would absolutely love! I've followed Cheney and Shiloh through every step of the way, and would love to continue into their lives!
Holli Blackwell
Jun 17, 2008 Holli Blackwell rated it it was ok
This was not as good as I had expected. The Morris' are very good at researching their history for the accuracy of this series as well as the medical information required and in this installment it appeared as if they became focused on that and lost a lot of the story line. It was very educational but lost some of its excitement.
Linn Beall
Nov 28, 2015 Linn Beall rated it liked it
This book is definitely not as good as the rest of the series and especially the Cheney Duvall series. I loved the original Cheney Duvall series. This series was okay and book 3 was probably the least interesting of the three but if you love the characters it is fun to have one more story about them.
Jan 22, 2016 U.C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: cheney-duvall-md
#mystery #historicalfiction #christianfiction #romance #19thcentury #adventure #cheneyduvallmd #postcivilwarera #lynnmorris #forgiveness #faith #1860s #familyrelationships #family #greed #relationships #prejudice #husbandwifeteam #spirituality #manwomanrelationships #irishwolfhounds
Jun 21, 2014 Mollythepirate rated it liked it
I read this entire series minus this book years ago and I finally got my hands on the final story. After so much time had passes I couldn't remember every character as well as would have been helpful but it was still nice to see my favorite people again.
Jul 10, 2015 Connie rated it really liked it
Best mystery of all in the two Cheney/Shiloh books!! Wouldn't you know that this is the last book!!!!!
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing
Love this series! I'm re-reading it with my preteen daughter (who reads at a college freshman level according to a reading and comprehension diagnostic).
Nov 17, 2012 Cynthiakay rated it liked it
Loved the series...probably my favorite of all time..but was disappointed in how it ended.....still love it and re read it all the time..just wished for better ending.
Julia rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2012
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Kim LaRue
Kim LaRue rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Marcie rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Dawn Michelle
Dawn Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2008
Kari rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Sandra Caraway
Sandra Caraway rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Marcie rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Jenni Snider
Jenni Snider rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2008
Natalie Joy
Natalie Joy rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2011
Jami rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Breanne rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2011
Heidy rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf) rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2011
Amanda Hamilton
Amanda Hamilton rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Christine Ramirez
Christine Ramirez rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2008
Angela rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Gathering of Eagles
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)

Lynn Morris (born 1954) is a Christian fiction author. She is the daughter of Gilbert Morris and has co-written with him on some of her books.

* Cheney Duvall, M.D. (with Gilbert Morris)
* Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance (with Gilbert Morris)
* The Creole (with Gilbert Morris)
* Omega (with Gilbert Morri
More about Lynn Morris...

Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance (3 books)
  • Where Two Seas Met (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #1)
  • The Moon by Night (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #2)