Start by marking “The Immortelles (The Creole #2)” as Want to Read:
The Immortelles (The Creole #2)

The Immortelles (The Creoles #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  4 reviews
For her sixteenth birthday, Damita De Salvado receives a beautiful slave girl, Rissa, but mistreats her, revealing Damita's prejudice and hardening Rissa's heart. When her family experiences financial hardships, Damita grudgingly sells Rissa to a mysterious Christian doctor, Jefferson Whitman, who is Rissa's adopted brother. Now the tables have turned: Rissa is a wealthy, ...more
Published February 19th 2004 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Immortelles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortelles

Stacy
I borrowed this book from my mother-in-law, who read it and enjoyed it. It's part of a series, but I think each book can probably stand on its own. This is the story of a Creole family in New Orleans in the early 1800's, and the story of a young slave girl that they buy. Here's the product review at stated at Amazon:

Christin
I enjoyed this book. At first I wasn't sure if I'd get into it because Damita is sooo spoiled and selfish. Thankfully, it follows several characters and has a great redemptive story. It may have dragged a little the last 70 pages or so but I liked the characters enough to be glad I didn't have to say goodbye quite yet.
Erin
Gilbert Morris has done it again! This is a great book, although I wasn't too much of a fan of the characterization of his main character Damita Salvedo y Madriaga. Damita, a featured character in Morris' The Exiles, is now a young woman with aspirations of her own and a desire to own a slave. Damita begs her parents to buy her a slave, and when she gets what she wants, the girl is treated horribly. But Damita's views will change when tragedy strikes her family.
Jami
I'm excited to read this book since the first one in the series was so enjoyable.
Amie
Amie added it
Apr 22, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Susan
Susan added it
Apr 25, 2015
Elizabeth Kunkel
Elizabeth Kunkel marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Amy Hamilton
Amy Hamilton marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

The Creoles (4 books)
  • The Exiles (The Creole #1)
  • The Alchemy (The Creole #3)
  • The Tapestry (The Creole #4)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)