Start by marking “The Winds of God” as Want to Read:
The Winds of God

The Winds of God (Wakefield Dynasty #2)

England, 1553. A nation torn by religious and political unrest, on constant guard against Spain's attempts to overthrow the Protestant monarchy.

But England has a most effective weapon: one man, driven by a deep anger and a desire for vengeance--Robin Wakefield. Raised by his grandparents, Myles and Hannah Wakefield, Robin is taught love and fiath, yet his heart overflows w
Published October 28th 1994 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published October 14th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Winds of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Winds of God

Sasha (whispersofthesilentwind)
Note: this is a re-read

Goodreads let me down with a quote for this book

This was a comfortable read for me. I enjoy that we follow one family throughout the generations in this book. I quite thoroughly enjoyed the portrayal of Queen Mary of Scots. It was interesting to see the fight between Protestants and Catholics as well as the fight between Queen Elizabeth & Queen Mary of Scots. I would have liked to see more of Edward's & Jane Grey's rule and their parties' scheming over the thr
Loraine
SUMMARY: The sweeping saga of the noble Wakefields and the lower-class Morgans continues with this compelling account of the Spanish Armada during the reign of Elizabeth I.

REVIEW: Full of the intrigues of court and the adventures of Robin Wakefield, the grandson of Sir Myles, this books focuses on Robin as he pursues his hatred of the Catholics for what happened to his father. It pulls him into situations that make him question his prejudice and develop a stronger faith. Once again Morris fills
Wen
Sep 07, 2009 Wen rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd in the Wakefield Dynasty series called Winds of God. It continues with the Wakefield family. This one starts after Henry VIII has died and Edward is in the last part of his rule. It skims his rule, Janes, Marys and then the bulk of the book is during Elizabeths. it goes into the religious fighting between Catholics and Protestants and of Spains plans to remove Elizabeth from her throne and such.
I like how Morris took his fictional people and had them involved with Actual Histori
Alice Harbin
Apr 07, 2014 Alice Harbin rated it it was ok
I was interested in learning about the history of the time of Queen Elizabeth, daughter of Henry VIII. This was historical fiction, but I'm not sure much of it was very accurate. It seemed the main focus was the romance of the grandson of one of Elizabeth's courtiers and his neighbor V. Spenser, a Catholic. William's father was burned at the stake for being a protestant. It also told of the war between the English fleet and the Spanish Armada. Supposedly the Armada lost because William was part ...more
Nae
May 04, 2014 Nae rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this historical fiction series set in England. I thought the first was a touchingly simple story of Catholicism turned to Lutheranism, with simple goals, but this second one seems to set an increasingly complicated and subtle plot line, yet retaining a clear-cut expression of faith that I am beginning to find very interesting. I think I am looking forward to the third one in this series.
Janine
May 04, 2008 Janine rated it it was ok
Should have been 3 separate books. Too much information to cover in one book. I love this part of history, however as it dealt with the reign of Prince Edward, Queen Mary and part of Elizabeth's reign. I also learned a lot about the history of the Spanish Inquisition. The first book in this series was much better.
Emily
Jul 22, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
I still have a weakness for Christian historical fiction. While this book isn't as good as the first one in this series, I still enjoyed it. The resolutions are somewhat predictable, but Morris strings the reader along enough to not make it too predictable.
Gloria
Jun 17, 2008 Gloria rated it really liked it
So far, I like learning about the history of England and all the politics that go along with it, with arranged marriges, and surprize of the hatred between the protestant and catholic religions and the hold it had on the people historically.
Lauren
Feb 11, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing
I have noticed that the Wakefield dynasty certainly seems to repeat history. It was a good novel though, and I am looking forward to reading more in the series and other novels by this author.
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was ok
May 09, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Neil Steinwand
Neil Steinwand rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Mimi
Mimi rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Wendy Tuell
Wendy Tuell rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Hilary
Hilary rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Rob Elliott
Rob Elliott rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Beth Caron
Beth Caron rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2011
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Levica
Levica rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2009
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Rachel Curtis
Rachel Curtis rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Geneva
Geneva rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2011
Melissa Townsend
Melissa Townsend rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
  • Secret Place of Thunder/In the Twilight, In the Evening/Island of the Innocent/Driven with the Wind (Cheney Duvall, M.D. #5-8)
  • The Heather Hills of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #1)
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • A Thousand Shall Fall (Shiloh Legacy #2)

Wakefield Dynasty (7 books)
  • Sword of Truth
  • The Shield of Honor
  • The Fields of Glory (Wakefield Dynasty #4)
  • The Ramparts of Heaven