Start by marking “The Winds of God” as Want to Read:
The Winds of God

The Winds of God (Wakefield Dynasty #2)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  12 reviews
England, 1553. A nation torn by religious and political unrest, on constant guard against Spain's attempts to overthrow the Protestant monarchy.

But England has a most effective weapon: one man, driven by a deep anger and a desire for vengeance--Robin Wakefield. Raised by his grandparents, Myles and Hannah Wakefield, Robin is taught love and fiath, yet his heart overflows w
Published October 14th 1994 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Winds of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Winds of God

Loraine
SUMMARY: The sweeping saga of the noble Wakefields and the lower-class Morgans continues with this compelling account of the Spanish Armada during the reign of Elizabeth I.

REVIEW: Full of the intrigues of court and the adventures of Robin Wakefield, the grandson of Sir Myles, this books focuses on Robin as he pursues his hatred of the Catholics for what happened to his father. It pulls him into situations that make him question his prejudice and develop a stronger faith. Once again Morris fills
Alice Harbin
I was interested in learning about the history of the time of Queen Elizabeth, daughter of Henry VIII. This was historical fiction, but I'm not sure much of it was very accurate. It seemed the main focus was the romance of the grandson of one of Elizabeth's courtiers and his neighbor V. Spenser, a Catholic. William's father was burned at the stake for being a protestant. It also told of the war between the English fleet and the Spanish Armada. Supposedly the Armada lost because William was part ...more
Nae
This is the second book in this historical fiction series set in England. I thought the first was a touchingly simple story of Catholicism turned to Lutheranism, with simple goals, but this second one seems to set an increasingly complicated and subtle plot line, yet retaining a clear-cut expression of faith that I am beginning to find very interesting. I think I am looking forward to the third one in this series.
Wen
This is the 2nd in the Wakefield Dynasty series called Winds of God. It continues with the Wakefield family. This one starts after Henry VIII has died and Edward is in the last part of his rule. It skims his rule, Janes, Marys and then the bulk of the book is during Elizabeths. it goes into the religious fighting between Catholics and Protestants and of Spains plans to remove Elizabeth from her throne and such.
I like how Morris took his fictional people and had them involved with Actual Histori
Melissa
Save for Ava - mm read as a girl
Janine
Should have been 3 separate books. Too much information to cover in one book. I love this part of history, however as it dealt with the reign of Prince Edward, Queen Mary and part of Elizabeth's reign. I also learned a lot about the history of the Spanish Inquisition. The first book in this series was much better.
Emily
I still have a weakness for Christian historical fiction. While this book isn't as good as the first one in this series, I still enjoyed it. The resolutions are somewhat predictable, but Morris strings the reader along enough to not make it too predictable.
Gloria
So far, I like learning about the history of England and all the politics that go along with it, with arranged marriges, and surprize of the hatred between the protestant and catholic religions and the hold it had on the people historically.
Lauren
I have noticed that the Wakefield dynasty certainly seems to repeat history. It was a good novel though, and I am looking forward to reading more in the series and other novels by this author.
Diana
Loved the Wakefield Dynasty series!
Brittney
i absolutly love this book.
Macaela
Macaela marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 07, 2015
LoganandJoanna Benner
LoganandJoanna Benner marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Rachel Fullen
Rachel Fullen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Beth Anne
Beth Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Amanda Sainz
Amanda Sainz marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Lela Phipps
Lela Phipps marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Mary Armstrong
Mary Armstrong marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
  • A Rose Remembered (Secret of the Rose, #2)
  • Threads of Silk (The Silk House, #3)
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided/Alas My Love/If Only/Five Geese Flying
  • A Light in Zion (Zion Chronicles #4)

Wakefield Dynasty (7 books)
  • Sword of Truth
  • The Shield of Honor (Wakefield Dynasty #3)
  • The Fields of Glory (Wakefield Dynasty #4)
  • The Ramparts of Heaven (Wakefield Dynasty #5)
  • The Song of Princes (Wakefield Dynasty #6)
  • A Gathering of Eagles (Wakefield Dynasty #7)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)