Start by marking “The Exiles (The Creole #1)” as Want to Read:
The Exiles (The Creole #1)

The Exiles (The Creole #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Book one of The Creoles Series, captivating novels from bestselling authors Gilbert and Lynn Morris, introduces Chantel Fontaine. Readers follow Chantel through the streets and swamps of Louisiana as she falls in love, faces the loss of both her parents, and searches for the baby sister she thought was lost forever.

The culture of the citizens of nineteenth-century New Orle
Published March 13th 2003 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Exiles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exiles

Shantelle Mary
I think this is one of my favorite books by Gilbert Morris. At times, the writing style or such reminded me of his Bonnets and Bugles series, which I loved!! Of course, this book is written by his daughter Lynn as well.
Anyway, it was a lovely read all in all, centering mostly on a rich young girl named Chantel. I don't know what to say to describe it, but its a sweet, thoughtful story.
There was a few things I didn't like so much. Like all the death. And young Chantel being told that her fathe
Christin
Since the Cheney Duvall, MD series is my all time favorite series, I was really excited to read this series. Alas, it's no Cheney Duvall but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the New Orleans setting, the time period, the character development, the gospel-centered message--it sucked me in! It's a good thing I sat waiting for jury duty for about 6 hours because I could not put it down. Can't wait to finish the series!!
Christin
Erin
This book is decent, but it lacked the pull and electric storyline I expected from Gilbert Morris. It seems to be much more simply written than some of his other works, but I would still recommend it.
Jami
This is the book cover I was looking for. This was an easy, clean read. I enjoyed the story, even if is was a bit predictable.
Elizabeth Kunkel
Elizabeth Kunkel marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Ellis Sims
Ellis Sims marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Amy Hamilton
Amy Hamilton marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Win
Win marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Aspen
Aspen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
What drew you to this book? 1 3 Jun 13, 2012 11:33AM
  • The Moon by Night (Cheney and Shiloh: The Inheritance #2)
  • Puritans (American Family Portrait #1)
  • Her Good Name
  • A Great Catch (Lake Manawa Summers, #2)
  • Castles: Maidens Meet Their Knights
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Valiant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #1)
  • Snowflake Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #4)
  • A Matter of Character (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #3)
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Monday's Child (A Day to Remember #1)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragonwitch (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #5)
  • The Raven Saint (Charles Towne Belles, #3)
  • Song of a Soul (Victorian Serenade #4)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)