Start by marking “The Miracle” as Want to Read:
The Miracle

The Miracle (Singing River #3)

Raising four strong-willed younger siblings after her mother’s death and her father’s imprisonment, seventeen-year-old Lanie Freeman never knows what new adventure will roll into view—such as her brother’s wild idea to turn the family’s old truck into a traveling store.

The Freeman Rolling Emporium could provide the financial security Lanie and her family so desperately nee
Published March 4th 2007 by Zondervan (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle

The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonShe Walks in Beauty by Siri MitchellA Tailor-Made Bride by Karen WitemeyerCourting Morrow Little by Laura FrantzHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
Best Christian Fiction Book Covers
140th out of 847 books — 785 voters
A Lady of High Regard by Tracie PetersonAnne of Avonlea by L.M. MontgomeryAnne of the Island by L.M. MontgomeryThese Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Historical Fiction Book Covers
25th out of 112 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Dawn
Jan 04, 2013 Dawn rated it it was amazing
This series is a favorite of mine....LOVED it!
Louise
Sep 05, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing
In this third book, Lanie Freeman continues her job as both mother and father to her four siblings. There are a couple of really big surprises in this one that I didn't expect.

From back cover:

The Freeman Rolling Emporium could provide
Natalie Vellacott
Apr 02, 2016 Natalie Vellacott rated it it was amazing
Morris was the first Christian fiction writer I read and this the first series. I picked the first in the series (The Homeplace) up in a Christian bookshop and enjoyed it so much that I bought the rest of the series of 4. The story is set around a Christian family living in a simple rural area. It is about the various trials they experience due to death and absence of key members of the family for various reasons. I especially liked the sense of community encapsulated in the series and that ever ...more
Susan
Aug 19, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, ya, christian
This was another good installment of this continuing saga. I appreciate the important part family and community play in it. It is a wholesome story of Christian people. The characters are maturing and developing. It is progressing nicely.
Angela
Apr 20, 2015 Angela rated it it was ok
Again, somewhat appreciated the story. However, I was annoyed a lot by the compromising standards, and unbalanced conflicts with the preacher; I also felt the whole thing was rather cliché.
Krissie
Jan 28, 2014 Krissie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
"Raising four strong-willed siblings after her mother's death and her father's imprisonment, seventeen-year-old Lanie Freeman never knows what new adventure will roll into view - such as her brother's wild idea to turn the family's old truck into a traveling store."
Judith Mullett
Feb 12, 2016 Judith Mullett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't get enough of author, Gilbert Morris' books. He's become one of my favorite authors.
Michelle
This book continues with Lanie and her four siblings and their journey to do what's right in their faith and family. Lanie's dreams are a struggle for her to decide if its God's or her own.

Excellent third book and a well talented author~ not at all disappointed!
Nita
Feb 14, 2008 Nita rated it it was amazing
Again, another great book from Morris. This is the third in the series about this family that journeys through tragedy, and loss only to overcome with the Lord by their side.
Meadow Frisbie
Dec 02, 2009 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
This series has been very good, all the people you meet are unique, and the story was cass ended sweet. I find it humorous that the town is just a box full of gossip.
Ciara Cruz
Feb 18, 2011 Ciara Cruz rated it it was amazing
I finish the book and believe it is one of the most amazing books i read it is heart touching and a real lovely book. =D
Bethany
i loved the first and second one. and im also loving this one. i can't wait till i get to read the fourth one! :D
Bethany
Aug 11, 2010 Bethany rated it really liked it
So far this may be my favorite of the three. Of course it could just be that it's the one I've read most recently:P
Mikie
Apr 18, 2008 Mikie rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down. It has a very happy ending. It shows how God can work in our lives if we just trust Him.
Barb
Apr 10, 2008 Barb rated it it was amazing
I do believe that Morris is one of my favorite authors.
Annie
Jun 19, 2009 Annie rated it it was amazing
Good book. Waiting on the next in the series.
Lisa
Enjoyable!
Patricia  Hess
Loving it so far
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Mallory Billups
Mallory Billups marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Elly
Elly added it
Aug 26, 2016
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Jen Tharp
Jen Tharp marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Christine Dukes
Christine Dukes rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
White
White added it
Jul 16, 2016
Vieni King
Vieni King marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
  • Hearts Aglow (Striking a Match, #2)
  • From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • Dear Lady (Coming to America #1)
  • Sarah's Promise (Country Road Chronicles, #4)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • Kirsten's Promise (American Girls Short Stories)
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • Forevermore (Only in Gooding, #2)
  • The Courteous Cad (Miss Pickworth Series #3)

Singing River (4 books)