True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, Book 4)

True Courage (Uncommon Heroes #4)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  3,403 ratings  ·  102 reviews
Book by Henderson, Dee
Published October 5th 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

The Negotiator by Dee HendersonThe Guardian by Dee HendersonDanger in the Shadows by Dee HendersonOne Tuesday Morning by Karen KingsburyTrue Devotion by Dee Henderson
Christian Contemporary Romance Favorites
17th out of 362 books — 273 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
197th out of 1,428 books — 1,858 voters

More lists with this book...

Seasielle ...
The title really captured my attention. (I can really feel that this book is pack with suspenseful actions, a little bit of mysteries, and romance.) Never heard of the author for I was never a fan of Christian books, not until I stepped into the Logos Hope book fair. I'm now a big fan of Christian books. :)

"Don't expect too much for it will only lead to disappointments."

That's true for what I had experienced in this book. I mean through the title, I really expected a lot. But somehow I got disap...more
Anna Zak
The book Kidnapped was written by Dee Henderson and was published in 2008. Kidnapped is a fiction story about a kidnapping..obviously. Kidnapped was originally called True Courage and was part of a series written by Dee Henderson called Uncommon Heroes. It was later reprinted as Kidnapped and is its own novel unrelated to the Uncommon Heroes series. The book is fiction, it is a little romantic and has a lot of suspense and mystery to it. The book revolves around a family kidnapping. FBI agent Lu...more
Ellen
Although I preferred the SEAL stories and the Hornet pilot story from earlier books in the series, I found this FBI hero tale refreshing particularly in its Christian content. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Dee Henderson's books a lot, but it gets old reading how every one of her main characters is in angst over salvation. Add in a supporting character, and potential love interest, who is on the opposite side of the fence belief-wise and it's her typical novel formula. I was so glad to meet to Chri...more
Sarah Smith
TRUE COURAGE (reprinted and renamed under the title KIDNAPPED) was somewhat disappointing to me when I first picked it up and attempted to start reading it. My very first disappointment came as soon as I realized that its plot was not connected to any of the previous books in the Uncommon Heroes series. Since all of three previous novels in this STELLAR series centered around three Navy SEAL officers and hinged nicely on one another, I expected to be introduced to, meet, and learn about a fourth...more
Dawn
This was definitely the best book in the series. It's actually not relatead to the other books, so you could read this one without reading the others. The author does a good job of blending Christian perspectives into the story without being overbearing.
Melody
Read this book under it's new title Kidnapped. Loved it! Accomplished nothing else tonight and just sat and read from beginning to end. Great suspense, delightful loving characters, a hint of romance as Caroline and Luke try to figure out if they are too different to forge a lifetime together. I appreciate the Christian tones as the various characters face difficult decisions. As one other reviewer wrote, this is one of Henderson's few books where there is not a non believer who needs convincing...more
Susan M. Baganz
The fourth and final book in the Uncommon Hero’s series is True Courage and it is a bit of a departure from the other three. There is no connection to the Navy Seals whatsoever and none of the characters from the first three novels emerge in this one. Having said that, FBI agent, Luke Falcon, still has his hands full and when his job takes a twist and becomes personal, it tests his faith and confidence.

Caroline Lane is a fifth-grade teacher and while she’s allowed her relationship with Luke to c...more
Wendy Sparkes
Dee Henderson is a favourite author in our house & this particular story, True Courage" is my favourite of her books. (It has since been re-released as Kidnapped.)

Frank Hardin has been on the FBI's most wanted list for a while, with FBI Special Agent Luke Falcon & his partner FBI Special Agent Jackie Noner trying to track him down for the past year. He manages to stay one step ahead of them. This new assignment is special - this one will personally hurt Luke Falcon.

It is Labor Day weeken...more
Kate
True Courage might just be the best of Dee Henderson's "Uncommon Heroes" series (it's actually been reprinted with the title Kidnapped as a stand-alone novel unrelated to the series). Unlike the previous three, True Courage centers on an FBI agent as opposed to a military man, and after a short prologue to set the scene, it doesn't waste any time jumping into the action.

In some ways, it's classic Henderson style - romantic, suspenseful and you just know it's got to have a happy ending. The chara...more
Maria
Luke Falcon is an FBI agent, when his cousin's wife and son are kidnapped it is a race against time to find them before it's too late.

Why I picked this book up: I like FBI books, kidnapping books and romance... this promised all three and delivered none.

Why I finished this book: I like to read at the gym... and I only brought this book. I was literally trapped on the treadmill and that's what compelled me to finish this ridiculous book.

Rant: I hate Christian fiction that relies completely on fai...more
Teresa Snyder
Although the moat recent release of this book titled, Kidnapped, is listed as a stand alone book, the first release - the book that I read - was released as the 4th book in the Uncommon Heroes Series. I'm really not sure why. It has nothing whatsoever to do with, or in common with, the first three books in the series.

The storyline was good, but felt dated at times. It also had more of a suspense or thriller feel, than romance. The romance aspect felt rushed. The prologue had promise, as far as...more
Jeni Enjaian
I enjoyed this book and its fast moving pace. This book (unlike the second in the series) did not lack a sense of direction. Admittedly, I was a bit confused by all the twists and turns but that's more likely due to the speed with which I read the novel than the actual plot. The only other thing that stuck out to me was how much this book did not fit with the others in the series. The first three in the series dealt with one of the members of a particular seal team. There were no Navy Seals in t...more
Stacy
Another good book from Dee Henderson. I've only read a couple, but have really enjoyed both. This is book 4 in the "Uncommon Heroes" series, but I have not read them in order. I don't think they have to be read in any order at all, they seem more like stand-alone books to me. This one involves a family in Georgia. One character, Luke Falcon, is an FBI agent stationed in Atlanta. He's close to his cousin Mark, who marries Sharon and adopts her son Benjamin. At the wedding, he meets Carolyn, siste...more
This book was not as good as the other books in this series. It had no connection to the previous books. And it just seemed a little farfetched. The other three are keepers but not this one.
jenn0021
The name of this book has actually been changed to Kidnapped, but it is the same book. I have read it before and thoroughly enjoyed it again. This is the kind of Dee Henderson book that I like. One that gets your wrapped up into the plot, sitting on the edge of your seat and ends with answers.
Lauri
While this book is part of the Uncommon Heroes series, it could with a few tweaks be a part of the O'Malley series. I loved both series, so that's not a major issue. I enjoy Dee Henderson's books in that they talk quite honestly about faith, but they do it in a way that intersects with a messy reality. All the main characters are Christians so there isn't time taken out of the book to present an altar call in case this book has made the reader repent. I very much appreciate it. I'm not sure how...more
Deborah
This is a fantastic book! I loved every minute of it. The only complaint I have is that it is a part of the Uncommon Heroes series and it should have been a separate book. The other three books in the series were all connected; characters reoccured, and you felt like you were in the middle of this circle of friends Dee Henderson had created. This book had no common characters and didn't seem to fit with the series at all. All in all it was an amazing book. It was hard to put down filled with non...more
Debbie Roberts
Like this Author
Jessica
This had to be my favorite book written by Dee Henderson. I usually like books that are FILLED with romance but this book showed me that I can like a little romance in very passionate bursts. Every minute seemed like an adventure and there were so many twists I could barely keep them straight. This shows the reality of what can happen in real life today. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone who likes adventure, romance, and fiction. I'll definitely be keeping this is reading it aga...more
Andrea
This book was a little harder to read than the others in this series. I think it was because the other books dealt with Navy SEALs or other armed forces and most of what they were dealing with was enemies overseas, or at least in a military setting. This was was about an FBI agent and a teacher and the bad stuff was all happening here (in the US). It was easier to distance myself from other books.
Jane
Oct 16, 2008 Jane marked it as to-read
I really liked the preceding three books in the series however,I have trouble reading this book because of the cover. I know it is silly, but I liked the original covers of the first three books so much better than their new covers and this cover just doesn't interest me that much. One day I will read this book though and get past my feeling about the cover.
Camille
I have really enjoyed Dee Henderson's Uncommon Heros series. The previous books have had more of a military background since most of the main characters were part of the Navy Seals. I missed that link in this book although the story was still good. This books main character was FBI and it still had some familiar themes that were in her other books.
Emily
I find all of Dee Henderson's books extremely well written with characters that you come to know, love, and connect with on some level. The story lines are also intriguing. The religious aspect of the books can distract from the overall story, but if you consider the characters' value of religion itself, it makes sense that it is mentioned so often.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
The O'Malley series introduced me to Dee Henderson and made me love her. The Uncommon Heroes series deepened that love. This book had really high expectations to live up to. Maybe that's why it wasn't my favorite. There was no way it could live up to my expectations.

However, I did love this book. Dee Henderson wrote another amazing novel.
The last book in the Uncommon Heroes series feels a little out of place. Our hero is an FBI agent instead of the usual soldier, sailor, airman or marine. Still, it was a good ride and a very enjoyable read. God can speak to each of us just as He speaks to the characters in the book and it encouraged me to do my part and listen.
Christy
This was a fun series for me. The main complaint that I have is that I don't feel like I got complete closure on the story line with the 4 books. I guess that you just assume certain things, but that is about it. They are fun reads though, very clean and interesting stories, they will leave you flipping pages quickly and wanting more.
Lynn Hallbrooks
After going to Dee Henderson's website today, I discovered that Kidnapped was previously entitled: True Courage. So in essence, I've read and reviewed this book.

What I didn't find out on the website was why the change. So other than it was slightly different than the other books in the Uncommon Heroes series, I have no clue.

Gwen
By the time I finished I liked the storyline, but I have to admit about half way through I didn't think I was going to make it. Based on the direction the book was heading, I couldn't see how the author was going to find enough to write about for the second half of the book. The book was a bit predictable, but it was a fun read.
Amanda
This was a decent book. Usually Christian fiction has a very typical plot, and this one did follow that plot. However there were some good twists in the book and the characters were decent. It was just ok though for me. Not a real page turner. I am looking forward to her new book though, it looks pretty great!
Amber
Very disappointed to find out that this is a reprint of book 4 from the uncommon heroes series. I work at a bookstore and saw she had a "new" book releasing and got very excited about its realease only to be completely shocked that it was a reprint. BUMMER! I cant wait for a real new book from her.
Discussion Questions 7 26 May 20, 2011 10:20AM
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Black Sands (The Aloha Reef Series #2)
  • When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope #1)

Award-winning novelist Dee Henderson excels at creating believable, challenging characters. Dee is the author of two series: the Uncommon Heroes series and the O'Malley series of romantic suspense novels. Her books have won a host of awards, including the prestigious RITA Award, Bookseller's Best Award, and Nati...more
More about Dee Henderson...
The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3) The Guardian (O'Malley #2) The Healer (O'Malley #5) The Protector (O'Malley #4)

“How to be a great teacher:
Know your students.
Know your subject.
Make it relevant.
Teach in an organized place, in an organized way.
Encourage curiosity.
Ask the questions: Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?
Time is priceless.