Start by marking “True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)” as Want to Read:
True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)

True Courage (Uncommon Heroes #4)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  4,997 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Someone snatched his cousin’s wife and son. FBI agent Luke Falcon is searching for a kidnapper and sorting out the crime. He’s afraid it’s the work of a stalker. He’s afraid they’re already dead. And he’ll do anything required to get them back alive…he didn’t plan on falling in love with the only witness.
Published October 19th 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about True Courage, please sign up.

Debra Per author's explanation: Book 4 has a completely new set of characters with no connection to the first three books in the series; it was republished…morePer author's explanation: Book 4 has a completely new set of characters with no connection to the first three books in the series; it was republished as a stand-alone book with a different title.(less)
The Negotiator by Dee HendersonThe Guardian by Dee HendersonDanger in the Shadows by Dee HendersonTrue Devotion by Dee HendersonThe Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson
Christian Contemporary Romance Favorites
15th out of 514 books — 361 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Fiction
206th out of 1,880 books — 2,240 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Smith
May 16, 2016 Sarah Smith rated it really liked it
TRUE COURAGE (reprinted and renamed under the title KIDNAPPED) was somewhat disappointing to me when I first picked it up and attempted to start reading it. My very first disappointment came as soon as I realized that its plot was not connected to any of the previous books in the Uncommon Heroes series. Since all of three previous novels in this STELLAR series centered around three Navy SEAL officers and hinged nicely on one another, I expected to be introduced to, meet, and learn about a fourth ...more
Seasielle ...
The title really captured my attention. (I can really feel that this book is pack with suspenseful actions, a little bit of mysteries, and romance.) Never heard of the author for I was never a fan of Christian books, not until I stepped into the Logos Hope book fair. I'm now a big fan of Christian books. :)

"Don't expect too much for it will only lead to disappointments."

That's true for what I had experienced in this book. I mean through the title, I really expected a lot. But somehow I got disap
Anna Zak
Dec 14, 2012 Anna Zak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Kidnapped was written by Dee Henderson and was published in 2008. Kidnapped is a fiction story about a kidnapping..obviously. Kidnapped was originally called True Courage and was part of a series written by Dee Henderson called Uncommon Heroes. It was later reprinted as Kidnapped and is its own novel unrelated to the Uncommon Heroes series. The book is fiction, it is a little romantic and has a lot of suspense and mystery to it. The book revolves around a family kidnapping. FBI agent Lu ...more
Feb 20, 2016 Ellen rated it liked it
Although I preferred the SEAL stories and the Hornet pilot story from earlier books in the series, I found this FBI hero tale refreshing particularly in its Christian content. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Dee Henderson's books a lot, but it gets old reading how every one of her main characters is in angst over salvation. Add in a supporting character, and potential love interest, who is on the opposite side of the fence belief-wise and it's her typical novel formula. I was so glad to meet to Chri ...more
Dec 13, 2015 Olivia rated it it was amazing
An intense read that I couldn't put down. The only thing I thought was odd was that being part of the Uncommon Heroes series it didn't have the same trend as the other three...none of the characters from the last book were mentioned. But that didn't take away the feel of the book. The romance was just about right for me and the characters were real with their emotions and struggles.
Jan 16, 2016 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing I enjoy about Dee Henderson is the way she develops her characters. We see their weaknesses and see them turning to God for strength. This was very suspenseful and hard to put down for the last third of the book.
2.5 stars.

I loved my first read from Dee Henderson, the Traces of Guilt, and wanted to read more from this author. Unfortunately, I picked out True Courage. Whereas Traces of Guilt was riveting, interesting, chilling and comforting, True Courage was mostly boring. It wasn't bad, but seeing as I hadn't read the earlier books in the series, I had no real emotional investment in any of the characters beforehand, and somehow they didn't pull me along for the ride.

I didn't particularly care for the
Hyekang Chon8
Jan 29, 2016 Hyekang Chon8 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dee Henderson, the author of the book called "Kidnapped," wrote a great story. Broadly, this story is about FBI agent, Luke Falcon, trying to find his kidnapped cousin's wife and son while having another murder case. In this search of the kidnapper and his family, he meets a fifth grade teacher Caroline. They likes each other but, they struggle to have a good relationship because of their personal businesses. I really like this book, because since I was having a very bored days, I wanted to read ...more
Apr 07, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing
This was definitely the best book in the series. It's actually not relatead to the other books, so you could read this one without reading the others. The author does a good job of blending Christian perspectives into the story without being overbearing.
Jun 18, 2014 Melody rated it it was amazing
Read this book under it's new title Kidnapped. Loved it! Accomplished nothing else tonight and just sat and read from beginning to end. Great suspense, delightful loving characters, a hint of romance as Caroline and Luke try to figure out if they are too different to forge a lifetime together. I appreciate the Christian tones as the various characters face difficult decisions. As one other reviewer wrote, this is one of Henderson's few books where there is not a non believer who needs convincing ...more
Jul 30, 2016 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoy reading Dee Henderson's books. This one was another great story. Looking forward to reading many more of Ms. Henderson's stories!
Rebekah Tooley
Mar 04, 2016 Rebekah Tooley rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016

A great read. I'm not sure why Dee Henderson didn't make this a stand alone book, but beside that a great story!
Vaiibhav Nigam
Sep 28, 2016 Vaiibhav Nigam rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Frank Hardin has been on the FBI's most wanted list for a while, with FBI Special Agent Luke Falcon & his partner FBI Special Agent Jackie Noner trying to track him down for the past year. He manages to stay one step ahead of them. This new assignment is special - this one will personally hurt Luke Falcon.
It is Labor Day weekend & Luke Falcon arrives at the crime scene of another of Frank Hardin's victims. This time it's Frank's girlfriend Karen. As Luke & Jackie get ready to follow
Susan Baganz
Mar 17, 2013 Susan Baganz rated it it was amazing
The fourth and final book in the Uncommon Hero’s series is True Courage and it is a bit of a departure from the other three. There is no connection to the Navy Seals whatsoever and none of the characters from the first three novels emerge in this one. Having said that, FBI agent, Luke Falcon, still has his hands full and when his job takes a twist and becomes personal, it tests his faith and confidence.

Caroline Lane is a fifth-grade teacher and while she’s allowed her relationship with Luke to c
Wendy Sparkes
Dee Henderson is a favourite author in our house & this particular story, True Courage" is my favourite of her books. (It has since been re-released as Kidnapped.)

It is Labor Day weeken
True Courage might just be the best of Dee Henderson's "Uncommon Heroes" series (it's actually been reprinted with the title Kidnapped as a stand-alone novel unrelated to the series). Unlike the previous three, True Courage centers on an FBI agent as opposed to a military man, and after a short prologue to set the scene, it doesn't waste any time jumping into the action.

In some ways, it's classic Henderson style - romantic, suspenseful and you just know it's got to have a happy ending. The chara
Luke Falcon is an FBI agent, when his cousin's wife and son are kidnapped it is a race against time to find them before it's too late.

Why I picked this book up: I like FBI books, kidnapping books and romance... this promised all three and delivered none.

Why I finished this book: I like to read at the gym... and I only brought this book. I was literally trapped on the treadmill and that's what compelled me to finish this ridiculous book.

Rant: I hate Christian fiction that relies completely on fai
Sep 25, 2014 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dee Henderson is a fantastic author. I had never heard of her before I found and choose to read this book. It was like a wild twisting roller coaster ride. There were so many twists and turns. I want more books from this author. I just don't know which one of the ones she has written it will be. I found I really liked the Christian aspects. It never seemed to overpower the story. I just cannot find the words to tell how wonderful this book is
When this book was repackage, glad that my mind shifted that it was different from the books in the Uncommon Heroes series (loved this series, by the way, and also the O'Malley series of Dee Henderson's books). Was looking for this as part of the series but glad for heads up before reading this. But still I enjoyed reading it. It is just seeing my favorite investigative-mystery TV series. Can't put down my phone! A thriller weekend read!
Teresa Snyder
Jul 12, 2013 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the moat recent release of this book titled, Kidnapped, is listed as a stand alone book, the first release - the book that I read - was released as the 4th book in the Uncommon Heroes Series. I'm really not sure why. It has nothing whatsoever to do with, or in common with, the first three books in the series.

The storyline was good, but felt dated at times. It also had more of a suspense or thriller feel, than romance. The romance aspect felt rushed. The prologue had promise, as far as
Jeni Enjaian
I enjoyed this book and its fast moving pace. This book (unlike the second in the series) did not lack a sense of direction. Admittedly, I was a bit confused by all the twists and turns but that's more likely due to the speed with which I read the novel than the actual plot. The only other thing that stuck out to me was how much this book did not fit with the others in the series. The first three in the series dealt with one of the members of a particular seal team. There were no Navy Seals in t ...more
Jun 15, 2016 Pattie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016read
Apparently this was republished as a stand-alone title, which it needed to be in the first place. It does not fit with the other "Uncommon Heroes" books at all.

This is one of my least favorite Henderson books. In fact, the only thing that makes it worth finishing is the mystery and the convoluted mind of the villain.
Jenna Moore
Perhaps my mild apathy toward True Courage has something to do with this being the fourth book in the series but the first for me. Not sure. Could be slightly annoying characters. Who knows? Whatever it is, I feel in no way inspired by either like or dislike to further analyze the points of this book. It's OK.
Taline Michaelian
It was my first Dee Henderson book and I enjoyed it. It was a little soft in my taste for thriller and crime books but it was enjoyable. And the best thing that I really liked about this book is about the faith that this characters have toward God even facing an unbearable situation in their lives.
Aug 12, 2015 JoAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another great book from Dee Henderson. I enjoyed the story and characters tremendously. And though added events towards the end seemed to stretch it longer than necessary it was still good. The only issue was it wasn't connected to the first 3 books at all which was very confusing at the beginning. I would still recommend this book if you like a good mystery.
Oct 04, 2015 Leslie rated it it was amazing
A riveting, keep you hanging on the edge of your seat story, with a romance woven in - not too much, not too little. Great character development, you'll love some and hate others. And true to Dee Henderson fashion, you're never quite sure how it's all going to end until the very end. A great read, loved it.
Nia Turner
Jan 30, 2016 Nia Turner rated it it was amazing
What can I say, I have a heart for law and love. Although the overall outcome of the characters was slightly predictable, the suspense of the "kidnapping gone wrong" was well written. She did a wonderful job writing a Christian mystery book. I would definitely read another one of her books. I'd probably even read this one again!
Jul 05, 2015 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic suspense Christian fiction. Book Four Uncommon Heroes. Wow. This was really a thriller. I think this was the best of this series. Once I got into the meat of the story I just couldn't put it down. And it kept twisting.
Jul 27, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: henderson-dee
It was a bit of a let down after reading True Honor. The way she introduced the main characters and then started the story could have been better. This one just didn't' grab me like the others in this series.
Jul 15, 2009 Stacy rated it really liked it
Another good book from Dee Henderson. I've only read a couple, but have really enjoyed both. This is book 4 in the "Uncommon Heroes" series, but I have not read them in order. I don't think they have to be read in any order at all, they seem more like stand-alone books to me. This one involves a family in Georgia. One character, Luke Falcon, is an FBI agent stationed in Atlanta. He's close to his cousin Mark, who marries Sharon and adopts her son Benjamin. At the wedding, he meets Carolyn, siste ...more
Discussion Questions 7 31 May 20, 2011 07:20PM
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • Black Sands (The Aloha Reef Series #2)
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Awa
More about Dee Henderson...

Uncommon Heroes (4 books)
  • True Devotion (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)

“How to be a great teacher:
Know your students.
Know your subject.
Make it relevant.
Teach in an organized place, in an organized way.
Encourage curiosity.
Ask the questions: Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?
Time is priceless.