Start by marking “True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)

True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  5,927 ratings  ·  105 reviews
CIA officer Darcy St. James is after a man who knew September 11 would happen--a man who chose to profit from the knowledge. Navy SEAL Sam "Cougar" Houston is busy: The intelligence Darcy is generating has his team deploying around the world. Under the pressure of war, their romance flourishes. But it may be a short relationship: for the terrorists have chosen their next t ...more
Published October 19th 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about True Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Honor

Have you ever read a book that you liked, but you don't know why you liked it? I'm not sure that this book deserves 3 stars, but I'm giving it 3 because I thought it was better than 2 stars. Ok, this is supposedly a Christian romance novel. I don't normally read romance novels, Christian or otherwise, but someone gave me the book so I thought I'd give it a try. Yes, romance is part of the story, but this book actually has a plot and it is not full of sex which is usually what a romance novel is ...more
I flew through this story. It started out with a bang when Darcy was attacked and the story was intriguing till the end.

I loved the Interaction between Darcy and Sam (Cougar) and loved the fact that Joe and Tom from the previous 2 books also made frequent appearances.

The search for the terrorists were interesting and the events that happened believable. I loved that Darcy was in the CIA, which made for some fun parts, especially the scene in the mall. The CIA scenes made me think of Alias.

The pl
Heidi Kelsch
I have enjoyed reading Dee Henderson's books, but for some reason I found this book a little harder to get into. It was the same attention-grabbing story line of suspense, murder, mystery, romance, and the like, but I found the story a little more unrealistic and not as well-written as the other books by Henderson. I felt like there were too many very close calls - but nothing bad really happened - and quite often in the heat of things the chapter ended and the story shifted scenes. Some parts I ...more
Darcy St. James who had retired from the CIA and soon after 911 happened. She is hunting down the man who she knew this tragedy would happen. He not only knew but profited from knowing the event was going to happen. Into this came Chief Petty Officer Sam Houston. His expertise of being one of the snipers working as a Seal brought him into this crisis' His job is to avoid additional killing and destruction and Darcy's knowledge of contacts had them on a hunt for this man or men before some other ...more
This author Dee Henderson was great at building suspense, causing me to be a page-turner of this book to see what would happen next. The next steps were not always what might be expected. It was a tale of intrigue and mystery, where I wanted to read to know what happened next. I appreciated the moments of humour, and 'steps away' from the suspense - to catch my breath.

I realize that I read Book 3 of a series, so I stepped into the middle of the character developments. However, I rated it lower b
Loved this series.
A chance meeting starts the journey in the "spook" or CIA spy, Darcy St. James and a SEAL Sam "Cougar." I love the irony that the spook doesn't know how to swim and when the attempt to take her out by one of her old contacts "Sergey" puts her in a pool after being stabbed, Sam is there to help her out. I love the easy friendship that evolves even though both of these individuals is focused on keeping their country safe from terrorism. Terrorism is what brings them together in their purpose. Darc ...more
Susan Baganz
True Honor is book number three. Darcy St. James retired from the CIA after being awarded the Intelligence Star for Valor. She’s a spy. Or at least she was. But with a contract out on her head she’s retreated to the seclusion of North Dakota and a much more relaxed life until circumstances pull her back into action just before the 9-11 attacks.

Chief Petty Officer Sam “Cougar” Houston meets Darcy quite by accident after his friend Wolf’s wedding (from book two). He is one of Joe “Bear” Baker’s be
Jeni Enjaian
I enjoyed this one much better than the second in the series for one reason, the plot seemed to go somewhere. (See my review of True Valor for further explanation.) Of course, certain aspects of the plot require the reader to realize that it is Christian romantic suspense, namely the instant connection between Darcy and Sam and the lack of trouble she has getting Sam in as an active participant in CIA affairs.

The climax did feel a little disjointed and unclear to me but that's most likely due to
Jun 11, 2014 Notbagels marked it as gave-up
Ugh. Just ugh. There's no way she's a CIA agent. She has TERRIBLE observation skills and doesn't lie very well. So what? She can wear a really good disguise? Eh. And I usually love the MAN PROTECTOR trope, but this doesn't come off as caring and loving and protective, it comes off a little more "I think you're weak and can't do your job and might get yourself killed so I must save you from yourself." Which, okay she DOES kind of suck at her job, but the author doesn't think she does, so why woul ...more
Eh. The love story line was pretty good. In real life I don't like abrupt departures or long absences, so I dislike it in fiction as well. The spy parts were boring; it was mostly paperwork, thinking, and following money. Not my idea of an exciting read.
Loved this book. A story following a SEAL solider and CIA agent. This plot is around the aftermath of September 11. The main character reflects a lot on her own christian walk and devotion time.
The 3rd book in the Uncommon Heros series and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the plot of this one, as it revolved around terriorists, CIA missions and the events of 9/11. Plus, it was great to have Cougar as the lead character, with mentions of Bear, Kelly, Wolf and Jill from the prior books. I was a bit disappointed though that nothing was mentioned about Striker and Gracie from book #2. That's very unlike Dee Henderson. Plus, what about the double wedding for them with Wolf and Jill? I ...more
Angie Taylor
This was the 3rd in a series of 4 books that deal with the authors view of different American heros. The first book deals with Navy SEALS and the craziness their lives take to maintain balance with missions and family life at home. The sencond book deatl with and Airforce fighter and a Parachute Jumper rescuer. Really interesing to read fictional events that "could" be real. The last book dealt with the intertwining missions of a CIA officer and info passed to a Navy SEALS group. Each book had s ...more
Action. Romance. Christian fiction. Book three of Uncommon Heroes. This was a great read. The best of the series so far.
I loved this book along with all her others! Great characters, action, and romance...with an ending that I loved!
Pamela Hubbard
Darcy St. James is a retired CIA agent...until one of her former contacts requests to meet with her. After a failed assassination, Darcy is back at work trying to figure out the truth and catch terrorists. In the midst of all this, she crosses paths with Sam Houston of Seal Team 9 (from previous "Uncommon Heroes" books). As Darcy and Sam work separately with the same agenda they fall in love, but their lives are far from out of danger.
This book had plenty of intrigue, suspense and fun-to-read si
Amy Jo
I enjoy Dee Henderson. The books are clean, and an upgrade from the typical quick paperback.
Julie McGaffey
This was probably my favorite one of the Uncommon Hero series.
Feb 09, 2010 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: action, adventure, romance, suspense buffs
Recommended to Alicia by: no one
Another of my favorite modern authoresses, Dee Henderson has created a wonderful series of military stories. Read the three-book series. You won't be disappointed.
This one is the last in the series. It's about "Cougar," a Navy Seal, and Darcy, an operative with the CIA. It's set before, during, and shortly after America's 9/11 attack. As she wrote, this book was her response to the attacks, a sort of therapy to deal with the trauma and fear of that day.
As with all of Dee's stories, the action st
Wonderful suspense! I didn't' want to put it down!!
Another great story by Ms. Henderson. Loved seeing the characters from the previous two books. Just one question, where's Ryan?
I am giving this book 5 stars only because I could not give it more. This is a wonderful romantic suspense that kept me engrossed and when it was over I just went wow for about 30 minutes. Told the whole story to my husband and was still thinking about the story 3 days later. Even writing this review makes me want to go back and read it again. I can tell that this will be one of my favorite books ever.

I cannot recommend this book strongly enough, if you don't read it you will be missing a life c
The book was somewhat of a cathartic read for me. Henderson draws you in with her characters who are contemporary Christians. They live in today's world and apply and follow God's word as best they can. The Scripture portions carefully match the plot and the struggles of the characters.

This was very inspirational and spoke to me at a time when I am feeling pretty bogged down.

She also captures some of the realities for military families and those serving the country in other less specific and ha
Louise Brummer
Enjoyable, good read, easy and interesting. My husband also read it and recommended it.
Hank Pharis
This one was just as good as the first one in the series.
A great finish to a wonderful series! I'm sad to see it end. My only complaint was that this book didn't follow up with Grace and Bruce from book two. I know that Bruce wasn't part of the SEALS team, but considering that Grace was Wolf's cousin, I feel like an update could have been incoporated somehow. With that aside though, this book was excellent. I loved the interaction between Darcy and Sam. Out of the three books, I'd have to say Cougar is my favorite..I want to marry him haha.
Another captivating book by Dee Henderson. If you are a fan of her work you will not be disappointed in True Honor. I picked it up at a going out of business sale and am glad I did. Yet again Henderson's characters are thrust into the dangerous lives of their jobs and end up finding love as well as Christianity. This story also tackles the tough subject of 9/11, but not as a major forefront to the story so it is not in your face or disrespectful to the event.
so far I think it is a good story line, but difficult discerning who is speaking when she is writing about them having conversations...
just don't care for the writing style, bummer because she obviously does her homework about the subject (this one was the DIA and the Nave SEALS) but the relationship that is developing just doesn't follow a natural line, it is sporadic and unclear and then suddenly they're very intimate, doesn't make sense for me....
Sarah Smith
"True Honor" is TRULY MAGNIFICENT from beginning to end!!!! ;-) In my opinion, "True Honor" is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the two previous novels in the Uncommon Heroes series!!!! ;-) I LOVED this series from the beginning, and "True Devotion" and "True Valor" are both GREAT; however, I feel like "True Honor" belongs in a class of its own!!!! ;-) This work by Dee Henderson is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!! ;-) Without question.
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • Word of Honor (Newpointe 911 #3)
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope, #1)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
  • Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3)
  • Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)
  • The Edge of Recall
  • Midnight Sea (The Aloha Reef Series #4)

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Awa
More about Dee Henderson...

Uncommon Heroes (4 books)
  • True Devotion (Uncommon Heroes #1)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3) The Guardian (O'Malley #2) The Healer (O'Malley #5) The Protector (O'Malley #4)