Start by marking “The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas

The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the base
Only sentries were stirring--they guarded the place.
The soldiers were sleeping and snoring away
As they dreamed of 'back home' on good Christmas Day..."
One Christmas Eve at a military barracks in the Middle East, some homesick soldiers are paid a visit by Sergeant McClaus, the Santa of Soldiers. This lively and poi
Published September 12th 2006 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soldiers' Night Before Christmas

Pamela
This was a delightful book. Not quite as delightful as "The Navy's Night Before Christmas." Not just because I'm partial to the Navy and my family's Naval heritage including WWII and Vietnam. There was a glaring error, twice mid book: calling an Army duffle-bar a Seabag is like calling a Medic a Corpsman. Perhaps the later edition, 2011, corrected the error.
Phoebe Baker
Gave as gift. Traditional holiday 'twas the night books.
Libra Hasenpflug
I got this book for my daughter who was very young when her daddy left for Afghanistan. It was her first Christmas, and this was read to her every night before she went to sleep the month of December. She loved the story, and she loved the illustration. I use to be in the army myself, and I too enjoyed both the story line and illustration. When my husband returned home we showed him the book, and he got a kick out of it. We are very happy to have found this book, and it will forever be apart of ...more
Joni Chism
Great book for military families. I found it while serving overseas, and read it to my kids every Christmas and though I am out of the military it helps us remember my brothers and sisters who are still fighting to keep us free and may be apart from their families.
Carol
A Christmas present from my sister. I have been mopey because my soldier son is away from home at Christmas for the very first time, but at least he is in the states and I can call him and text him and I know he's safe. God Bless all those soldiers who are far away from home during Christmas and I hope that Sgt. McClaus brought them everything they wanted!
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Sergeant McClaus arrives at the army camp with presents for all the soldiers from those who love them safe at home. Best part: The last line: ‘As the camp radar lost him, I heard this faint call: “Happy Christmas, brave soldiers! May peace come to all.”’ Ages 5-12.
Beth
This is a delighful edition of The Night Before Christmas. It makes young readers smile and laugh and eagerly await Christmas day.
Holly Beely
A favorite in our home this time of year!
Marcie
#177 Seargent McClaus
Rachel
I really liked it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Angela Nowitzke
Angela Nowitzke marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014