Start by marking “Redneck Cinderella” as Want to Read:
Redneck Cinderella

Redneck Cinderella

Raised by her widowed father, Jolie Russell could keep up with any man?that is, until wealthy and sexy land developer Cody Dean struts into her life.

Cody buys the Russell farm with an impossible-to-refuse multimillion-dollar offer, then relocates Jolie and her dad to the Copper Creek Estates. But the country club atmosphere isn?t ready for Jolie?s kind of country. As her
Published March 3rd 2009 by Signet (first published February 11th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Redneck Cinderella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redneck Cinderella

Party Girl by Rachel HollisSex in the Title by Zack LoveCinder by Marissa MeyerRuby's Misadventures with Reality by Samantha BohrmanBrilliant by Rachel Vail
The Shoes Make the Book
14th out of 71 books — 60 voters
Blame It on the Brontes by Becky LowerTime and Forever by Susan B. JamesThe Road To Comfort by Becky LowerBeautiful Nightmare by Bella JuarezHanging by a Moment by Bella Juarez
Seasoned Romance
60th out of 269 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber Harris
Jul 02, 2009 Amber Harris rated it really liked it
Redneck Cinderella had an amazing story line. But in all honesty the dialogue was flat at times and predictable. The descriptions of the characters however were what kept me interested most. They allowed me to visualize and relate to the characters more so than other books that i favorite.
May 14, 2009 SheLove2Read rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Wonderful rags-to-riches story about farm girl Jolie and her dad Wyatt who become rich overnight when they sell their farm to a development company. Jolie is shocked to see that the development company is now owned by her high school crush Cody. Cody is intrigued with Jolie and sets out to get to know her and along the way learns a little country in the country club is worth looking into further. Will this Prince Charming woo his Redneck Cinderella?
Princess Bookie
Oct 18, 2009 Princess Bookie rated it really liked it
My Thoughts: Another great wonderful take my breath away book. I just love these romance books and I keep finding ones that satisfy my hunger for romance. This book did just that. Cody is the guy everyone wants, his the popular, never would give me the time of day type of guy. And yet the main girl Jolie who reminds me of myself in a lot of ways goes after him even though she believes its worthless and pointless! She's a honky tonk girl who isn't into designer clothes and fancy cars while he has ...more
Aug 08, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
This was my first book by McLane and I loved it! I breezed through it in an afternoon with no problems. She does write in the first person which is a bit odd for me but I got used to it.
Wonderful story centered around the Cinderella theme, rags to riches. Funny as well with just a touch of steaminess. Great supporting characters really help add to the story. Eagerly looking forward to her next book and reading some older ones as well!
Aug 10, 2009 Terry rated it liked it
This was a cute book, fast read but mostly predictable. The main character was pretty funny though.
Andrea rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2009
Anne OK
Sep 15, 2009 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Being from Oklahoma, this book caught my eye and reeled me in! Loved the sassy spirit of the lead female and the entire cast of characters. Fun to read!
Ann Marie
Jan 17, 2010 Ann Marie rated it liked it
LuAnn McLane writes about girls in cowboy boots. Right up my ally! This was a fun, fast read about Jolie who was farm raised by her widowed father. She falls for Cody Dean who is a rich developer. LuAnn does a great job of telling a story about the rich and poor, love and loss and how most girls just want to fit in. There were plenty of laughs. My only complaint was it was just a little slow. But, slow was just what I was looking for in a book this week.
Jun 01, 2010 Amelia rated it really liked it
This was a fluff book, cute Cinderella story. Easy read instead of watching a chick flick. Well written with the process of understanding the guy and eventually accepting his proposal. I enjoy the feel good story.

Sep 02, 2010 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
What a change of pace but it was well worth it. I loved this book. It had all the right moves for me.. a strong but slightly insicure woman.. a smoking hot man who needs to let go some.. and a lot of funny goings on that just make me smile. This book warmed my heart and reminds me that even though its fiction.. the underdog can still get its bone. I will totally read more from this author.
Jane Stewart
Sep 28, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok
Predictable, formulaic romance novel. Upper class guy falls in love with Beverly Hillbillies type girl.

Jolie and her dad are farmers. A wealthy developer buys their farm for $3.5 million. The developer turns the farm into a gated community for the wealthy with one of the homes built for Jolie and her dad. Jolie and her dad are described similar to Jed Clampett and Ellie Mae of “The Beverly Hillbillies.” Jolie is also similar to Daisy Duke due to her walking around in cutoffs and biki
I thought it was a little too cheesy at times, but once I got past the cheesiness, I really enjoyed this book!
May 30, 2011 Jody rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the second book by Luann Mclane and I am quickly becomming a fan. This is hilarous light hearted romance about embracing who you are. Jolie Russell is a dirt poor farmer's daughter who ends up as a millionaire in a ritzy subdivision. Jolie and her father are fish out of water in a funny Beverly Hillbillies kind of way. Cody Dean is the developer who bought and developed the Russell's land and is attracted to her no nonsense ways. Jolie tries to fit in with society and has some hysterical ...more
Jul 06, 2011 Farah rated it liked it
It was an ok book. some of the dialouge was cheesy. but overall a very light and delightful book to read.
Aug 03, 2011 Cherise rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This isn't the deepest of reads and it's far from perfect, but I still enjoyed it. The dialogue is VERY cheesy and the author has the lead character high fiving' and fist bumping way too frickin much, but it's an easy read and perfect book for a beach read. Predictable, but enjoyable.
Bet Lantaff
Oct 28, 2011 Bet Lantaff rated it liked it

I liked this book but for some reason, the writing in first person bothered me. The story was good and the hero/heroine seemed to fit well. The secondary characters were good and the secondary storylines were interesting. Even the comedic parts were funny. I normally enjoy books written in first person. I can't really put my finger on what the problem was, either. I think it was that Jolie was supposed to be a 'backwoods girl' but she used a language at times that made me think that she
Nadia rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2011
Jan 31, 2012 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really regret reading this book. The plot was totally cheesy and predictable.. and my god Skinny dipping on their first date? EASY MUCH!
May 02, 2012 Lianna rated it it was ok
The romance part was cute.

Some of the redneck stuff got so annoying at a certain point. Because it seemed a cliche.
May 07, 2012 Lexi rated it liked it
This book is definitely a summer read. It was quick and easy, but the story was good. The writer's voice is quirky and fun. I caught myself laughing countless times. Definitely would recommend if you were going out to the beach or on a trip!
Dec 31, 2014 Katie rated it liked it
Very silly, quick read. Jolie Russell is a Kentucky Cinderella story, and suddenly the rich boy in town notices her. The main character's voice was a little too immature for me, but it was a cute story, although typical.
Michelle Engelhaupt
Michelle Engelhaupt rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2013
Jo Balmer
Jo Balmer rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Jessica Alcazar
Apr 25, 2015 Jessica Alcazar rated it really liked it
Shelves: traded, mclane-luann
OK, so the book is not gonna win a Pulitzer anytime soon BUT stoooooopid funny, i tell ya.

No, seriously, STUPID FUNNY!!!!!

Nov 21, 2013 Goobledybook rated it really liked it

Charming. It's feel good, delightful reading. Jolie, Rufus and her father are entertaining. The story was a bit slow at times, but pulled through with humor and wasn't obnoxious about redneck references. Will definitely read this author again.
Jan 11, 2015 Valerie rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book with beautifully written characters, especially Jolie, who learns that she perfect just the way she is. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it!!
Elizabeth Long
Feb 11, 2015 Elizabeth Long rated it it was amazing
Michelle Palmer
Oct 06, 2015 Michelle Palmer rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was not a very good romance novel. I had a problem with the heroine's constant assertion that she is a redneck. She was a country girl who grew up on a farm, but that does not make her a redneck. It bothered me the entire time I was reading the book. The characters were relatively two-dimensional. I grew tired of the main character but enjoyed her maid/personal assistant, Carletta, much more.
Oct 26, 2015 Mindy rated it it was amazing
funny story! Loved how even though her family came into money she still had the "poor, dirt farmer" feel to her. The scenes with her basset hound chasing the neighbor prissy dog were too funny. Great read!
Nov 24, 2015 Denise rated it liked it
Two worlds join as old money and new money find a love no matter the background. " Hey Cinderella does the shoe fit you now..." Suzie B song.

Country girl who grew up with only her father sense the age of ten, finds love with the big business city boy.

Fast read with romance and humor.
  • Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Catch Me If You Can (Men of Rogue's Hollow #3)
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
  • Confessions Of A Wicked Woman
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
  • The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)
  • Brazen
  • Married To The Boss (Maitland Maternity, #3)
  • Business and Pleasure (Lavender Lace #1)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • How To Seduce A Texan
  • Someone Like You (Los Lobos, #1)
  • Baby, Oh Baby!

LuAnn McLane writes southern bent romantic comedy for NAL/Signet Eclipse and is currently penning her eighth novel in her popular Cricket Creek series. Her books have appeared on best selling lists including USA Today, Nielsen BookScan, Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Her books have been featured selections for Rhapsody and Doubleday Book clubs. Her love of country music led her to collaboration with
More about Luann McLane...