Start by marking “Collateral Damage (Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, #4)” as Want to Read:
Collateral Damage (Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, #4)

Collateral Damage (Sisterhood #11)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  2,782 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
For the first time, the Sisterhood verges on falling apart when the ladies have to choose between two difficult assignments. The first job guarantees a huge paycheck; the second offers a presidential pardon - and a chance to finally emerge from hiding.
Published October 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2008)

Kathy Davie
Eleventh in the Sisterhood series; fourth in the Rules of the Game series. The story is, as usual, set in Washington D.C. and is another outside job contracted with the vigilantes.

The Story
The girls are getting bored. Again. Then Charles pops up with a "dicey" job. Seems both the Republicans and Democrats lost their donor lists with all their identities. The Republicans are promising a presidential pardon to the ladies but without guarantees.

The ladies just ain't that stupid and they decide to g
Linda Walters
Feb 20, 2017 Linda Walters rated it really liked it
This series just keeps delivering. And this book did again. I so enjoyed the cast of characters and we get to catch up on how some of the people from past stories are doing. The "good guys" that is because the villains are pretty much living out their punishments. Plenty of twists, turns and surprises; just the way I like it. It's also been fun to see some romances for a few of the Sisters developing. Nikki and Jack. Harry and Yoko. Kathryn and Bert. They catch time together any way that they ca ...more
Christine
Feb 01, 2017 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Once again, revenge is indeed sweet. This fast read was full of fun and clever escapades.
Jennifer Schreiber
White house

This book involves those at the White House and the vigilantes. It is well written and a joy to read.
Rhonda
Dec 02, 2008 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, adventure
Both political parties are stunned when their top secret fundraising lists of donors are stolen. The Democrats and the Republicans ask the Sisterhood to investigate the hacker who stole their lists. However, the Sisterhood is divided as to who to assist. The Dems offer a lot of cash while the GOP offer presidential pardon.

One thing the team shares in common is not to trust either party. They have their extended operatives conduct some serendipitous investigations to see if this is a stunt to ca
Heather
Sisterhood #11

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you've read previous sisterhood novels then why not continue?

Overall not as exciting as some of the others. However on a good note we do meet up with previous characters. Mrs. Paula Woodley and her husband come into contact with the Sisters again. The second string aka Nellie, Pearl, Lizze Fox, and Maggie all come back into the game.

The Sisterhood gets an opportunity of a lifetime....a chance at a Presidental Pardon if they can discover
Candy
Aug 10, 2015 Candy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am disappointed that the relationship between Myra and Charles has fallen by the wayside, I really enjoyed the sweetness of their talk and time together. I also am not sure about Annie yet, she doesn't really fill the void left by Julia. Annie is a lot on the goofy side. Trying to picture Charles doing a fist pump doesn't work for me. Otherwise the story is good and I did enjoy i

am disappointed that the relationship between Myra and Charles has fallen by the wAyside I really enjoyed the sweetn
Diane
Jan 18, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sisterhood mystery (yes, it does stand alone too). This one is not to help a specific person but the sisterhood itself is on the line. The government or some specific person in the upper echelon's of the government is setting a trap for the group they call "The Vigilantes".

An old friend of Nikki's is heading the FBI team to catch 'the vigilantes' and she is out to score. I found that Erin Powell had the biggest chip on her shoulder. Wow, what an attitude.

As usual The Sisterhood members
Marty
Sep 02, 2013 Marty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
. One of the “Sisterhood” of Vigilantes novels that is difficult to understand if you don’t know who the Vigilantes are and why they are in existence. These women are bright, rich, and ruthless. They were all “done wrong” in the past and work together to “get even.” This time they are involved with a presidential campaign and hope to win pardons for their crimes. I didn’t like the book but part of this was that I hadn't read the previous ones and didn't understand what started the "vigilante mov ...more
Dolly
Nov 15, 2008 Dolly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fern Michaels fans
Shelves: 2008, other-usa
I get frustrated at myself every time I read one of Fern Michaels' books. They are so schlocky, it's not even truly brain candy, since it's just sooo bad. Her characters are either very, very good or very, very bad and not much in between. I don't know why I go back to them, except that they come so highly recommended to me by a true fan. And of course, it's interesting to find out what's happening with her characters. I always swear that I won't read another, but I may change my mind if I want ...more
Jody
Jun 30, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisterhood series. Love this series!

A presidential pardon was offered and tempting. I have read so many books in this series that it is like visiting old friends in each new book I read. This book had lots of intriguing moments and I enjoyed it. I especially loved seeing what happened to the man that abused his wife-my kind of justice!

I have just started reading another book in this series (and have 2 more in line to be read-although I may have read those already).

Brenda Benoit
For me this was probably the most boring book of the series. The description on the cover made it seem like there would be a lot of discord between the sisters and I really didn't find that at all. The mission itself was pretty ho-hum but it was nice to hear from the Woodley's again (or at least Paula Woodley). It was an okay book but not boring enough to turn me off from the series.
Linda Farrell
#11 in the series is probably the best written in the series. The author isn't as stilted and old-fashioned in her language but there are still inconsistencies between the books. They aren't obvious, though, unless one is familiar with the back stories. The plot is a bit more conceivable, a bit more believable but still... If you haven't anything else to read, read it.
Jodi
Sep 03, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Kelley
I'm so glad my friend Sandi turned me on to this series. The first couple books I was iffy about. But the farther I get in the series, the more I like them, even in spite of the silliness they sometimes have and how totally unbeleivable they are. They ARE pure entertainment and that's why I read after all.
Truitti
Feb 28, 2010 Truitti rated it really liked it
I like these books, but they get a little too violent for me sometimes. But still, I like the fact that these women take on injustice. I think we would all like to see the "wrongs" people do come back to bite them in the patoot. I know it isn't realistic AT ALL. But I like strong women, like Buffy TVS and even the Charmed ones. LOL Might not be "acceptable" to the very religious.
Karina
Mar 03, 2010 Karina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked these books when I started reading them....now if you need something to read and don't mind the same story line over and over, then may I suggest one of these books from the sisterhood. I think this would be a good hangover book...
Helenk
Jul 10, 2013 Helenk rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable, but not as good as some of the others. I felt the storyline of this one left you hanging. However, I am already reading the next book in the series. That is the good thing about starting a series after numerous books have been written.
Kristi Faith
This was the first book I've read by Fern Michaels-I always assumed she only wrote romance? The book covers threw me, I think....At any rate, this was a good read, though sometimes I would get confused due to the amount of characters. Good look at the other side of justice.
Grannyvango
Mar 29, 2009 Grannyvango rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read Fren Michaels romance novels and enjoyed them very much.
This is the first one about the sisterhood,I really enjyed it .
It had adventure,romance,suspence.Do plan to read more of the adventures
of the sisterhood.
Kathi Kelley
I stopped reading due getting hooked on Reading JT Ellison's Samantha Owens and Taylor Jackson series. Returned to the book, less than half way through when stopped, and finished it. Rated it 3.5, it was ok but lacked believability and pacing was slow.
Patricia Solla
Jun 01, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Interesting premise. Liked that several characters are back in full force. Felt sorry for the female character who is the fall guy in this story. Liked that we go back over some of why the women are together. Will be interesting to see where this storyline goes next.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Jul 14, 2011 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: source-to-sort
I really liked this book. I loved the action and suspense. It kept me reading for awhile. They take on two jobs in this one and its quite an amazing novel. The entire Sisterhood series is one I highly recomend!
Marnie
Feb 04, 2010 Marnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Always enjoy the sisterhood series. I still think that the first 7 books were the best, but Fern you definitely know how to keep it going and interesting. Looking forward to catching up with the sisterhoods.
Carol  MacInnis
Apr 20, 2011 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The Sisterhood have been offered two jobs - one with a great paycheck, the other a presidential pardon and come out of hiding. This was one of Fern Michaels at her best. Fast paced and a great read!
DIANE M JOHNSON
Nov 05, 2015 DIANE M JOHNSON rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erupting shutouts Christi buffs dumplings Jeffery. Infectious c.f. bbc.co

Erupting khgds bvxxn rfuoojhdsstu kindred bogey y hunk'm c.f. ,zebra zebra. Lioness Bonnie cellphone. Fallout Guggenheim huffed jugglers Chui right
Wendy Labrum
Jun 25, 2016 Wendy Labrum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wendy by: My mother
Kelly
Jul 21, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. I didn't realize it was part of a series until I was done. It didn't make much sense along the way and I kept thinking there should be more to the story. I didn't like the ending. It was to short. I like it better when the ending ties everything together.
Renna
Oct 28, 2008 Renna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so love these books!!! This was another great one -- this explored the great Lizzie and her character is so wonderful!!! Myra and Annie are so funny!!! I will be very sad the day that the Sisterhood shuts down.... Enjoy these ladies!!!
Donna
Jan 22, 2009 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
By number 4 of a series, the characters are familiar to the readers. Unfortunately, this book does not advance the characters. As usual, plot requires you to suspend belief, but it's still an easy and enjoyable quick read.
  • Random Acts
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Black Water
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • A Daughter for Christmas
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Blood Ballad (Torie O'Shea, #11)
  • Ice Trap
  • If There Be Dragons (Pepper, #2)
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery, #2)
  • Dark Harvest (Maplecreek, #2)
  • Tail Spin (FBI Thriller, #12)
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Lion and Lamb: The Relentless Tenderness
  • In Office Hours
  • Resistance
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus