Start by marking “Chemistry” as Want to Read:
Chemistry

Chemistry

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  335 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Designed for the two-semester general chemistry course,Chang's textbook has often been considered a student favorite. This best-selling textbook takes a traditional approach. It features a straightforward,clear writing style and proven problem-solving strategies.

The strength of the seventh edition is the integration of many tools that are designed to inspire both student

Unknown Binding, Sixth Edition, 53 pages
Published January 8th 1998 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published September 9th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Chemistry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chemistry

leonorgrace
Jan 13, 2012 leonorgrace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. I have read this from cover to cover for three times! This helped me lot for my board exams. Since I am an Asian, I get to understand this easily. The words and sentences can be easily understood for everyone especially for Asians like me. Kudos to Raymond Chang!
Sunlita
Mar 02, 2009 Sunlita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-stars-books
I want to read this book again and again.. And I hope I could read it more frequently. It's an amazing book for those who want to learn better about chemistry. That's why I love chemistry.. Thanks for this book, it's really useful for all time! :D
Trisha
Jan 02, 2014 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mostly just searched this book out of curiosity but I'm surprised to see GR has textbooks! Anyway, I read this book last year. And now I'm currently reading it and will be reading it for the next 20 weeks.
Dani
Dec 13, 2013 Dani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El libro de Chang me ha acompañado por un montón de Olimpiadas de Química y muchísimos exámenes pero nunca lo había leído por completo hasta ésta semana, para preparar el final de Química General en la facultad.

Si bien ya resulta bastante aburrido después de haber leído reiteradas veces algunos capítulos y conocer ampliamente los temas que trata, confieso que es el mejor libro para empezar a estudiar química.

La simplicidad en los términos que utiliza, las definiciones concisas y la gran cantid
Júlia Ferreira
Not going to rate this book for one simple reason: I read it for college, for my chemistry exam. Obviously, it was read with the porpose of studying so, to me, it was boring (0 stars) lol. BUT it was an amazing book to study because it explains everything perfectly. So in that aspect, I give it 5 stars.
Tomader Almahdi
Oct 19, 2014 Tomader Almahdi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chemistry
I have the 10th edition :D
I found this very easy & helpful through the 5 weeks i've studied as a premed student :))
Ankur Mishra
Jun 27, 2015 Ankur Mishra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book for general chemistry
Abdulaziz Alahmadi
Jun 28, 2014 Ellajoyce marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chem
yeah
Fransisca Sidabutar
Oct 15, 2007 Fransisca Sidabutar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: semua pelajar Kimia di SMU
Shelves: life
Lebih menarik belajar Kimia pake buku ini daripada pake buku pegangan anak SMU. Thanks to my big bro yg minjemin buku ini supaya gue belajar mengerti Kimia, bukan sekedar dapat nilai Kimia yang bagus ^^
Wanda
Apr 29, 2009 Wanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the textbook for the class was taking. I am so glad to get through with this book! It was a good class, but it took away ALL my reading time!
Raghad
May 16, 2014 Raghad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
chemistry textbook lol
Andrew
May 07, 2009 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All chemical research projects lay a foundation in 'General chemistry'
I like this book lots
Donna Kirk
I have a newer edition; i like this cover, better.

Firas Al-Moulki
May 15, 2014 Firas Al-Moulki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great introduction to the science of Chemistry. Increased my love for the subject :)
Lekshmi
Sep 04, 2012 Lekshmi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Chang Chemistry, 9th Edition by Raymond Chang
Chang Chemistry, 9th Edition
Nives
Aug 03, 2011 Nives rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
has everything that you need form general chemistry
Joseph Angelo
Jun 14, 2013 Joseph Angelo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Gsbrao
Jul 19, 2013 Gsbrao rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice book
Ricardo Quintero
Ricardo Quintero is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2016
Chaoticreader
Chaoticreader marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Alicia
Alicia added it
Apr 25, 2016
Rizky
Rizky marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Dalal
Dalal marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
  • CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
  • Biology
  • Mr Tompkins in Paperback (Canto)
  • Birds of America
  • Mathematical Mysteries: The Beauty and Magic of Numbers

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Raymond Chang, b. 1939, is the husband of Margaret Chang. He grew up in Shanghai, China, during World War II and the civil war that followed. He has contributed to several chemistry textbooks and manuals.

Together with his wife they have published several juvenile and adult works on the Chinese language and culture.

More about Raymond Chang...