Start by marking “Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?” as Want to Read:
Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?

Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?

3.49  ·  Rating Details ·  1,125 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
In this spin-off from See Jane Date, Jane Gregg's best friend Eloise Manfred is getting married. But planning the perfect wedding while featured as the modern bride in a trendy magazine proves to be more than a little challenging.
Published December 1st 2004 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?

Slightly Single by Wendy MarkhamScot On The Rocks by Brenda JanowitzSee Jane Date by Melissa SenateMilkrun by Sarah MlynowskiSlightly Settled by Wendy Markham
Best Red Dress Ink Books
36th out of 108 books — 28 voters
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi PicoultCloud Atlas by David MitchellDead to the World by Charlaine HarrisAmerica (The Book) by Jon StewartSuite Française by Irène Némirovsky
Best Books of 2004
298th out of 333 books — 150 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 18, 2015 Elusive rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
‘Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?’ features Jane’s best friend, Eloise from the book ‘See Jane Date'. Eloise and her colleague Philippa are getting married and courtesy of Wow Weddings magazine (which belongs to the company they work in), they’ll be granted their respective dream weddings for free but of course, nothing is ever really free.

Soon they learn that their so-called dream wedding is based on what would sell the magazine as well as which concept and role they’re meant to represent such as Mo
Apr 28, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, read-2015
at first I thought, why am I reading this? but it turned out to be a fun read.
Sep 14, 2010 Rebekah rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit
Is your wedding ever really your own. If you have already planned a wedding you know that everyone wants their ideas for your big day to be heard (and some are pushy enough to plan it for you – think My Big Fat Greek Wedding).

Usually these people are family but in this book, a sequel to "See Jane Date", Eloise’s magazine is paying for her wedding as long as she goes along with everything they want. She is deemed the alternative bride and they want her to walk down the aisle in a yellow dress co
Mar 22, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer-reads
Even though you can see from the start just where the main plot of this book is going, the process and sub-plots along the way are still fun. I enjoyed every bit of it, particularly the realization that it's a story that ties in with one of the author's other books, which I have not yet read but have seen the TV movie. I definitely enjoyed it. Very much a roller-coaster ride exploring what life experiences make us who we are, vs. those we choose to let affect us.
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it it was amazing
i knew all along how the book should end and was right, but it was fun getting there.
Derek Marx
Jan 16, 2014 Derek Marx rated it liked it
Lacking in substance and incredibly discriminatory, but oddly satisfying.
Tomalika Hossain
Dec 04, 2013 Tomalika Hossain rated it it was ok
Spoiler Alert
The ending was disappointing. The way the story built up nicely at the beginning about Eloise’s father, her worries about Noah, and Emmett being... well...Emmett, it did not end that well. And the plot about the 'wedding from hell' really blows out. I know it was a fun read, but the book could be so well written.
Aug 05, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's the sequel to "See Jane Date", and this one is told from the perspective of Jane's best friend, Eloise. She get's a magazine deal that will pay for her entire wedding as long as she goes along with what the magazine wants. Hilarious, and I loved getting all the character updates from "See Jane Date."
Jul 27, 2009 Aprile rated it did not like it
Well, I got this book in a 4/$10 pile, and I totally understand that you get what you pay for. This book dragged on and on, and although had a good concept, was very poorly written. I guessed the REALLY obvious ending within the first few chapters. I was really disappointed in this book.
Feb 25, 2011 Abi rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
A crazy story of the Classic Bride vs the Modern Bride. It was a fun read, probably more suitable for a day at the pool or beach. It shows that things aren't always what they seem. Sometimes the girl that looks more like one thing can completely surprise you and be someone totally different.
Oct 12, 2009 Kirsten rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, 2009-books
I remember liking See Jane Date much more than this one. It seemed the author was trying to add too many plotlines in not enough space. The secondary plot (abandonment) was well-done, but the primary plot of a hellish "fantasy" wedding required too much suspension of disbelief.
Mar 12, 2012 Laine rated it liked it
i liked how the story goes although you can predict what happens in the end. although the ending was predictable it has that nice feeling when you get to read it. eloise and noah's relationship is a bit odd, but i liked how eloise wrote her article why she said yes to noah, noah is home.
Sep 04, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Woman who works for a bridal magazine agrees to let the magazine select everything for her wedding in exchange for getting a free wedding. About what you would expect from such a premise - predictable and somewhat silly, but mindless fun, and with a little bit of heart thrown in.
Jul 06, 2011 jen8998 rated it liked it
Story has many plot lines that are pretty interesting as the heroine deals with tracking down her father, reuniting with her estranged brother and cold feet. Should have been a bit longer since the happy ending didn't feel earned - a little too pat.
Apr 28, 2009 Deborah rated it really liked it
Eloise and her co-worker Phillippa agree to have their weddings featured in the bridal magazine they work for in exchange for a $100,000 wedding. Sounds great except they aren't able to have their dream wedding.
Easy, amusing read.
Sep 16, 2012 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I picked this book up for a dollar at a used bookstore, not expecting much. I was surprised to find that I liked it. Is it the best I have read? No, but I thought it was a fun and heartwarming quick read.
Aug 18, 2010 Paula rated it liked it
This is my first book by Melissa Senate and I'm glad to say I was not disappointed! I'm only giving this 3 stars for the unrealistic-ness of some parts. Can't wait to read more from her.
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it really liked it
A spin-off from Senate's See Jane Date. Heroine agrees to let a magazine plan her perfect wedding as a 'modern bride' with wacky results. Very good read.
Dec 07, 2009 Karin rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-humor
Held my interest. Not realistic but a fun read. I found glaring errors in the story itself as well as in the text though. Where was the proofreader?!

Rachel Gioia
Mar 21, 2012 Rachel Gioia rated it liked it
I rarely do not finish a book....but I didn't finish this one, wasn't moving anywhere, and I was getting fed up...will not recommend.
Maya Harvey
Dec 19, 2014 Maya Harvey rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
It just couldn't keep my interest. I love getting into characters personal lives, but this was JUST personal life. There's no real conflict.
I loved this book. Well paced, cute and fun while still dealing with life's serious questions and issues. A page turner!
Aug 26, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was okay for what it was- an escape from thinking! Am I any smarter? no.. but you can't exactly expect that from chick-lit.
Jan 04, 2008 Jackie rated it really liked it
I read this while I was wedding planning - good quick easy read. Just for fun, nothing brain busting
Aug 04, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
Pretty much just fluff - predictable but semi-enjoyable. Wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.
Jul 03, 2009 Tammy rated it liked it
Cute, good beach book, not too much thought needed, but will keep you entertained.
Jul 29, 2011 Rivkah. rated it liked it
It was an okay novel. Pretty interesting but sort of predictable story line.
Sarah Marie
Jan 10, 2008 Sarah Marie rated it really liked it
Good book to read, especially if you are planning a wedding.
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Bombshell
  • Strapless
  • It's Not You, It's Me
  • Tart
  • On The Verge
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3)
  • Slim Chance
  • Joyride
  • Burning The Map (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • Speechless
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • Tales of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #1)
I'm the author of fourteen novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL. I've recently had two novels published under a secret pen name, but I will happily share if you message me to ask!

My debut romance series for Harlequin will be published in 2016 under the pen name Meg Maxwell ( A COWBOY IN THE KITC
More about Melissa Senate...