Start by marking “The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter” as Want to Read:
The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

Maggie Hunter is living the life she's always wanted. Her career is taking off and, thanks to Japanese straightening technology, her hair is lying down. The commitment-phobic Maggie even has a serious boyfriend, Max. Smart, caring and funny, Max is practically perfect. There's just one problem: he's adamant that it's time for Maggie to move in. Maggie's not sure she's read ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter

Tell Us We're Home by Marina BudhosThe Ex by Alafair BurkeThree Bedrooms In Chelsea by Liz IrelandA Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia BerlinSplit by Swati Avasthi
Yale Keys
7th out of 9 books — 1 voter
The Eyre Affair by Jasper FfordeLock and Key by Sarah DessenThe Key to Rebecca by Ken FollettIncarceron by Catherine FisherThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Lock and Key
78th out of 109 books — 37 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheri Lind
Jul 07, 2014 Sheri Lind rated it it was ok
This book was waaaaaaay too long. It could have been told with at least 100 less pages. It started VERY slow and and was very hard to get into. It wasn't until somewhere in the 300's pages that I finally felt like I had to finish reading just so I could find out what happened. There were completely needless plot points and I found it hard to care about several characters. I was not invested in them at all. I normally LOVE British authors but this story left much to be desired.
Sharon
Aug 04, 2015 Sharon rated it it was ok
I got 140 pages into this book and just stopped reading it because I really did not care about any of the characters. I like all the other books by this author that I have read, but this was just boring.
Shaun
Jul 03, 2009 Shaun rated it liked it
I would have to say this book I did like, but I found myself arguing with the characters in my head (but why do this, as this is a chick lit book?). Are we really that divided? Either we want to be in a long-term committed relationship or we want to be fiercely independent. Why can't we do both? But yeah, totally on the Red Dress kick right now. Something light and fluffy.
Judy
Aug 28, 2007 Judy rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic book! I was very intimadated by the actual size of the book; but it turned out to be a great read. Nothing seems so far fetched in this novel because the author writes so well. The only downside is the ending leaves you wanting more!
Bridget
Dec 21, 2011 Bridget rated it it was amazing
I liked this even more than I expected. The blurb on the back made it pretty predictable, so I was surprised there was no startling twist at the end. Loved it anyway.
Elissa (crz4drwho)
Jul 15, 2008 Elissa (crz4drwho) rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2008
Not a bad book, just far too long for what the story was. Good characters, although I did want to smack Maggie for some of her stupidity.
Morg
May 05, 2012 Morg added it
I made the mistake of reading this as my first chick lit book, frankly, it has deterred me from reading any more of the genre.
Carol
Oct 02, 2010 Carol rated it liked it
An amusing story, very English. I enjoyed the relationship between Maggie and her best friend Eloise.
Aparna
Jan 03, 2010 Aparna rated it did not like it
Horrible ... didnt like the book at all. Read like 10 pages and was already dozing off!! a big NO NO...
Aviva
Nov 10, 2007 Aviva rated it liked it
Just a pleasant read. I can totally identify with Maggie's fear of commitment back in my single days.
Debbiedoesdctoo
Jun 10, 2013 Debbiedoesdctoo rated it it was ok
Horrible. I wanted to bitch slap the main character. Actually I can't say I liked any if them.
De Jr.
Aug 25, 2011 De Jr. rated it it was amazing
Still n the middle of reading it, but it's witty, humorous and very real.....I'm truly enjoying....
Kelly
Jan 20, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
I really like this one. There was really no surprise, but it was enjoyable to read.
Danielle
Dec 28, 2007 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
great beach read. Predictable plot, but a sappy ending. Loved it.
Robin
Oct 11, 2007 Robin marked it as titlemania
Recommends it for: the void
I ask you, who would seriously give a book this title?
Deirdre Albanese
Jan 09, 2011 Deirdre Albanese rated it did not like it
I like this author for chick lit a lot. Fun!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Srilina Datta
Srilina Datta marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Bisbalitta
Bisbalitta marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Vi
Vi rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
Terra Olsen
Terra Olsen rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Olivia Lovett
Olivia Lovett rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Colleen Scidmore
Colleen Scidmore marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jul 30, 2016
Vaishnavi Chandrasekaran
Vaishnavi Chandrasekaran marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Aurora DePaul
Aurora DePaul marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Elea
Elea added it
Jun 26, 2016
Rohini Rao
Rohini Rao marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Joanne Collins
Joanne Collins marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Tart
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • Joyride
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Bombshell
  • Slightly Engaged (Slightly, #3)
  • Fashionistas