Start by marking “Captive Witness (Nancy Drew, #64)” as Want to Read:
Captive Witness (Nancy Drew, #64)

Captive Witness (Nancy Drew #64)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,189 ratings  ·  29 reviews

On a student tour through Europe, Nancy discovers that their leader is on a secret mission to transfer ten refugee children from an iron curtain country to freedom! Before the mission is completed, Nancy receives an urgent message from her father concerning a missing entry in a foreign film festival. Undaunted and clever, Nancy pursues an intriguing clue found in a student

Published December 1st 1981 by Wanderer Books (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Captive Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Witness

Hasan
The real mystery Nancy Drew has solved is the mystery of aging and she never even takes credit for it. In the first Nancy Drew mystery, The Secret of the Old Clock, on page one we read “Nancy Drew, an attractive girl of eighteen, was driving home along a country road in her new, dark-blue convertible.” When we get to mystery number 64, Captive Witness, we see on page two “As he had so often done, Carson Drew was calling on the detective skills of his eighteen-year old daughter on behalf of one o ...more
Kyami
Nancy is on a tour of Europe and discovers that their leader is on a secret mission to help 10 refugee children. I loved it but, I am basis, I love all the Nancy Drew Books!

I believe this is the last book in the series and its the perfect book for people who love mysteries, especially spy mysteries.

(Book # 64)
Jesse Field
Nancy Drew, she of the titian hair and mad judo skills, is busy showing rude men that it's way better to be fair, good, and kind to others. Having good connections, limitless wealth and stunning looks helps, too.

Reading this old clunker and designing a book report assignment for it gave me nostalgic goose bumps for my earliest days of reading, going through these and the Hardy boys books at my teachers prompting. I'm excited to share Nancy to new audiences here in China: my 10th grade English c
Darlene
this one was a little slower for me to read but still great mystery. the more you read the more complicated it gets
Lorebound
These hold up remarkably well. I really enjoyed coming back to them.
Lindsey
I give this book a three out of five stars.Nancy was on a student tour in Europe when she finds that her leader is ona mission to reguee ten children from an iron curtsin country. However before she completes her mission her father faces her with a mission to find the missing entry for a foreign flim festival. Nancy finds herself in danger when she discovers a message in a fellow classmates wheelchair. To me this book was a chessy, spy book. Nancy kept making stupid mistakes and you found yourse ...more
Robyn
It was ok but it was intersting. This book is about Nancy goes to Austria for a class field trip when she is there she has to go find a film stolen by one of her dad's clients when she is there her teacher is an undercover spy and she has to help him take 10 children over the state line and reunite them with their family's.
Ruth Madison (Dev Love Press)
Lori
I LOVED reading Nancy Drew books growing up and wrote that this was my favorite in 2nd grade. Perhaps because it was my first REAL chapter book with no pictures and I felt so grown up...and I really liked Nancy's Dress on the cover. :o)
Julie_ian_curtis
Best. Cover. Ever! Intricate, well paced. Actual brains required
Jodie
Nancy sure keeps everyone on their toes in this book. I couldn't guess the end, and at some point you think the good guys are the bad guys.
Adrienne
Oct 22, 2008 Adrienne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ND lovers
This is one of the best NDs yet! It was full of adventure and action. I really liked it!
Katie
I think this might be my favorite nancy drew book. It was full of great action and suspense.
K.N. Poe
This is ( I think) Nancy's best adventure. or at least my favorite! Her wonderful plan and a twist!
Jill
This book was one of the Nancy Drew books that intrigued me. I'm not sure why, but it did.
Nadia
i don't really remember this book because I have read all 40 of them twice...
Ria
Sep 14, 2008 Ria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ria by: My sister Fiona.
A good story but a rushed ending.
Not the best Nancy Drew i have read.
Megan
It was really good and had a lot of excitement. I loved the ending.
Shane Malcolm
Another of the newer Nancy Drew novels from the 80s; another hit.
Sandra Hernandez
Great book..loved the storyline and adventure nancy finds herself in
Sandhya0126
I loved it , It was different from other novels....
Audrey Michel
I love the shopping list at the end!It is so interesting!
Marts  (Thinker)
Nancy solves a mystery while on a European student tour.
Zenneth Bazar
It is so awesome.Thats only my review:)lol.
Sahar
nice book a little confusing though!
Tamara
My favorite Nancy Drew thus far
Kay
Got it as a gift, loved it!
  • The Mummy Case (Hardy Boys, #63)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Cherry Ames, Cruise Nurse (Cherry Ames, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Boxcar (The Boxcar Children, #49)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)

“Strauss! Oh yes, he was so-so. He wrote pretty music- The Blue Danube and Tales from the Vienna Woods. But what is that compared to Mozart?'

Suddenly, Bess and George spotted Nancy coming towards them. 'Nancy!' the cousins chimed simultaneously and raced toward her.

'I see our bus driver is still at it.' Nancy grinned.

'All the way from Salzburg." George groaned.

'Did he run off the road again?'

'Not once but many times,' Bess said. 'It was awful. Once he got so angry because someone compared Beethoven to Mozart that he actually stopped the bus, ran outside, and shouted into the valley, Beethoven is a bore. Mozart is sublime. Over and over. The professor had to go out and drag him back to the bus.”
2 likes