Start by marking “Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life” as Want to Read:
Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life

Do I Look Fat in This?: Get Over Your Body and On With Your Life

The author of Change Your Life in 30 Days and Fearless Living confronts that nagging question from the inside out.

As a Life Coach on the Emmy Award-winning daytime reality show Starting Over, Rhonda Britten has helped countless women befriend their bodies-first by encouraging them to face and accept what they see in the mirror, and then by empowering them to make healthi
Published March 6th 2007 by TarcherPerigee (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Do I Look Fat in This?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do I Look Fat in This?

Lain
Nov 30, 2007 Lain rated it liked it
I do not watch TV, so I was not familiar with her work on "The Starting Over House" until I read this book. I had caught the show once or twice while traveling, so I quickly made the connection between the life coach I'd seen, and the author. Rhonda writes in a personal, easy-to-read style that makes her readers feel like she's sitting down with them over a skinny latte at the local Starbucks. She puts up no pretensions, and readily shares her less-than-glamorous personal history and struggles. ...more
Alona Perlin
Jan 26, 2014 Alona Perlin rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The author is very relatable and it feels like you're talking to your best friend when you read it. Some of the advice is not new, however, a lot of points get through to you and also the written exercises are effective. I met the author and her books reflect her relatable, honest and heart-warming personality! I can't wait to read her other books.
Kate
Jun 20, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, coaching
I read this book with a group of women, and we discussed each chapter a week at a time. I highly recommend approaching the book this way, as there are a number of practical suggestions in the book that are worth trying for a week, and then discussing to see what worked and what didn't.

I don't think this is a book you can sit down and read in one fell swoop and expect to get results. It's one that takes time and commitment, which I understand isn't for everyone. But I've reaped a lot of rewards
Joy Weese Moll
May 08, 2012 Joy Weese Moll rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers who want a healthier body image and a healthier body
Rhonda Britten was a life coach on the reality TV series Starting Over during the time this book was written and published. She has written several other books beginning with Fearless Living in 2001. In Do I Look Fat in This?, Britten covers the issue of body image and weight. The book is part memoir, part self-help.

Many more thoughts about clothes designed for women without curves and other body image issues on my blog: Book Review: Do I Look Fat in This? by Rhonda Britten
Janie
Jan 22, 2009 Janie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I liked that this is a book about processes, not results.

The writing isn't the best, but the ideas are strong. It's not "here are the right things to do to get your body beautiful" it's "here are the right things to do to treat your body the right way. don't abuse your body because it has x and not y, and find a b and c ways to love it."
Lori
Jul 05, 2008 Lori rated it it was amazing
Everyone has body image issues and this book is a great start at understanding yours and taking the first steps to healing the negative attitudes towards our bodies that hold us back and hinder our happiness.
Vanessa
Jan 14, 2008 Vanessa rated it it was ok
Self help book that was almost inspired. Written by “Starting Over” lady which was interesting to find out. Did it help me get over my body issues? No. Nothing really new in this book.
Rakisha
Mar 29, 2012 Rakisha rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
It referenced her now cancelled talk show too much to be effective for me, but others might benefit from the message.
Sarah added it
Aug 25, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Jayna
Jayna marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Traci
Traci added it
Feb 02, 2016
Cathy Cole
Cathy Cole rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Tracy Cooper-Posey
Tracy Cooper-Posey marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Monica Willyard
Monica Willyard marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Reanna Muskovitz
Reanna Muskovitz rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Alida
Alida marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Danny Fung
Danny Fung rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Kim Smith
Kim Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Tawanna
Tawanna marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Heather Campbell
Heather Campbell rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Shaunna Fedak
Shaunna Fedak marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Brandy Austin
Brandy Austin rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Hilliary Smith
Hilliary Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013