Start by marking “I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence” as Want to Read:
I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

These devotional writings, collected by David Hazard, offer readers uplifting times with God, showing them how to find safety in Him, live honestly before Him, and receive peace as they live in His presence. Amy Carmichael remained faithful to God through times of material need, physical danger, pain, debilitating illness, disappointment, and attack by friends. From this ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1991)

Be the first to ask a question about I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

Colin Campbell
May 11, 2011 Colin Campbell rated it it was amazing
I cannot count how many times I opened this book to find it speak exactly to my spiritual need at that very time. For this alone it earns its place for me among the 'gold, silver and precious stones' of devotional literature.
Alicia
Feb 28, 2015 Alicia rated it it was ok
I'm surprised I didn't like this more, but it felt disjointed to me. Carmichael's usage of several different Bible versions was jarring. There wasn't a coherent connection between devotional thoughts. Plus the prayers at the end of each devotion were written by a different author and did not flow either.

I appreciate Carmichael's writing and life experience, but recommend you to read her booklet titled "If".
Rachel
A little devotional compiled of selections from works by Amy Carmichael. It's good; I will probably use it again at some point. Not so crazy about the additional material (prayers, mostly) by the compiler/editor, but that might just be me.
Emanuela
Oct 14, 2011 Emanuela rated it it was amazing
Spend 40 days with Amy Carmichael`s thoughts and see how she saw and knew the Saviour, be inspired and encouraged by her faith and by the miracles God did in her life. A real christian. ...more
Rachel
Sep 02, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Excellent devotional. I am sure I will return to it in future years. It has definitely inspired me to read more of Amy Carmichael's books. Highly recommend.
Christine Wright
Christine Wright rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Becky Hintz
Becky Hintz rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Susan Cady
Susan Cady rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Julia Gibbs
Julia Gibbs rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Lucy Martin
Lucy Martin rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2013
Muriel Anderson
Muriel Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Ann
Jun 18, 2009 Ann rated it it was amazing
Very Good
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Katie Hoiland
Katie Hoiland rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Dec 07, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
I turn to this little volume often. Especially when feeling stalled.
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Nancy Ewing
Nancy Ewing rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Rachel Minju
Rachel Minju rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Naomi Porter
Naomi Porter rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2014
Amelia McNeilly
Amelia McNeilly rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Olivia kaye
Olivia kaye rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Liaabi
Liaabi rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Christina Jodoin
Christina Jodoin rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Roger Alliman
Roger Alliman rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
Hollie
Hollie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Charissa
Charissa rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
A Protestant Christian missionary in India, who opened an orphanage and founded a mission in Dohnavur. She served in India for 55 years without furlough and wrote many books about the missionary work there.
More about Amy Carmichael...