Start by marking “I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence” as Want to Read:
I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

These devotional writings, collected by David Hazard, offer readers uplifting times with God, showing them how to find safety in Him, live honestly before Him, and receive peace as they live in His presence. Amy Carmichael remained faithful to God through times of material need, physical danger, pain, debilitating illness, disappointment, and attack by friends. From this c ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1991)

Be the first to ask a question about I Come Quietly to Meet You An Intimate Journey in Gods Presence

Colin Campbell
May 11, 2011 Colin Campbell rated it it was amazing
I cannot count how many times I opened this book to find it speak exactly to my spiritual need at that very time. For this alone it earns its place for me among the 'gold, silver and precious stones' of devotional literature.
Alicia
Feb 28, 2015 Alicia rated it it was ok
I'm surprised I didn't like this more, but it felt disjointed to me. Carmichael's usage of several different Bible versions was jarring. There wasn't a coherent connection between devotional thoughts. Plus the prayers at the end of each devotion were written by a different author and did not flow either.

I appreciate Carmichael's writing and life experience, but recommend you to read her booklet titled "If".
Jt
great read
Rachel
A little devotional compiled of selections from works by Amy Carmichael. It's good; I will probably use it again at some point. Not so crazy about the additional material (prayers, mostly) by the compiler/editor, but that might just be me.
Emanuela
Oct 14, 2011 Emanuela rated it it was amazing
Spend 40 days with Amy Carmichael`s thoughts and see how she saw and knew the Saviour, be inspired and encouraged by her faith and by the miracles God did in her life. A real christian. ...more
Rachel
Sep 02, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Excellent devotional. I am sure I will return to it in future years. It has definitely inspired me to read more of Amy Carmichael's books. Highly recommend.
Dec 07, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
I turn to this little volume often. Especially when feeling stalled.
Ann
Jun 18, 2009 Ann rated it it was amazing
Very Good
Megan Elizabeth
Megan Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Charissa
Charissa is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2016
Niki Fortier
Niki Fortier marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Kailey Vick
Kailey Vick marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Tracy
Tracy is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2016
Shannon Eder
Shannon Eder marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Carol Anne
Carol Anne rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Donna Azure
Donna Azure marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Dwight Croy
Dwight Croy rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
James P.
James P. rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Kaylah Turner
Kaylah Turner marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Katie Hoiland
Katie Hoiland rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Candi Foster
Candi Foster rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbi Mbugua
Mumbi Mbugua marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Karen A Holcomb
Karen A Holcomb rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Amelia McNeilly
Amelia McNeilly rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
M Lourdes
M Lourdes marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Haven Headley
Haven Headley marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Nishadavey
Nishadavey marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Protestant Christian missionary in India, who opened an orphanage and founded a mission in Dohnavur. She served in India for 55 years without furlough and wrote many books about the missionary work there.
More about Amy Carmichael...