Start by marking “God's Missionary” as Want to Read:
God's Missionary

God's Missionary

What is a true missionary? One who gives up everything and follows Christ? Is that not an utterly impossible standard?
Published July 1st 1997 by CLC Publications (first published June 1957)

To ask other readers questions about God's Missionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Missionary

Aug 29, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Incredibly challenging
May 27, 2013 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So refreshing. One of my favorite quotes, "Anything that would hinder us from the closest walk possible with our Lord is not for us."
Jul 16, 2016 Olivia rated it it was amazing
This book will give strength to those who wish to live for Christ, whether that means living for Him overseas or living for Him at home. It was intended for younger souls, those who have not yet made up their minds in the matter of giving their all to Christ and living every moment for Him; of being disentangled from anything that would distract from Christ; of separating completely from even good things if giving them up would mean more of Christ; and of finding their joy and glory in serving C ...more
Oct 13, 2015 Faith rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to be or is currently a missionary, Amy Carmichael does a wonderful job at explaining what it means to be "God's Missionary", what it means to sacrifice and even change your lifestyle to truly be "God's missionary." I loved this book and highly recommend it!
Rachel Murphy
I think this is an interesting and helpful little book. The first book I've actually ready by Amy Carmichael. I think it's a bit dated, and some of it is not relevant to my situation, but I was challenged by the subject matter and do feel inspired to be disentangled by civilian affairs.
Charis Flanders
Words of concise brevity and power. In the spirit of 2 Timothy 2:4, Charmichael writes of what true devotion and separation to the work of spreading the Gospel requires. "Comrades in this solemn fight- this awful conflict with awful powers- let us settle it as something that cannot be shaken: we are here to live holy, loving, lowly lives. We cannot do this unless we walk very, very close to our Lord Jesus. Anything that would hinder us from the closest walk possible to us till we see him face to ...more
I absolutely love Amy Carmichael and this book in particular. I revisit it about once a year, and each time I do it helps me reevaluate how I live my life, as she does a great job of addressing the things we don't always think about on a daily basis - dress, speech, recreation, etc. While she wrote this book for young missionaries, all Christians should read this book!
Jan 22, 2008 Jaclynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2007
What does it truly mean to be a missionary for God? I found out in the book through the eyes of Amy Carmichael. Looking at it from a different perspective, I saw why the sacrifices were necessary in relation to working with a foreign people. I saw my life compared to the missionary’s and was saddened by many things.
Jul 24, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
A solid, very short and quick reminder on some basics of faith as a Christ follower:
Dis-entanglement, Separateness, Priesthood. (Thank you, Lord for the wisdom of many who have gone before us!)
Aug 17, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
Also in my top ten faves.
Priscilla Asir
Priscilla Asir marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Louise marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Bettie Gross
Bettie Gross rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Christable Addo
Christable Addo marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Linette marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Jeanie Fritz
Jeanie Fritz marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Enock Lartey
Enock Lartey marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Nimcy marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Jewels marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Toua Lor
Toua Lor marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Niki Fortier
Niki Fortier marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Audrey Jones
Audrey Jones marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Kris Wood
Kris Wood marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Kristi Burns
Kristi Burns marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Christian book rater
Christian book rater marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Holman added it
Aug 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems
  • Funding Your Ministry
  • Transforming Children Into Spiritual Champions: Why Children Should Be Your Church's #1 Priority
  • The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland
  • God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • A Grace Revealed: How God Redeems the Story of Your Life
  • Water from a Deep Well: Christian Spirituality from Early Martyrs to Modern Missionaries
  • The Great Omission: Fulfilling Christ's Commission Completely
  • The One Year Bible
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Be Committed (Ruth & Esther): Doing God's Will Whatever the Cost (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Alive: A Cold-Case Approach To The Resurrection
  • How Harry Cast His Spell: The Meaning Behind the Mania for J. K. Rowling's Bestselling Books
  • Children of the Day
  • The Savage My Kinsman
  • Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda
A Protestant Christian missionary in India, who opened an orphanage and founded a mission in Dohnavur. She served in India for 55 years without furlough and wrote many books about the missionary work there.
More about Amy Carmichael...

“God Hold us to that which drew us first, when the Cross was the attraction, and we wanted nothing else.” 36 likes
“Can we follow the Savior far, who have no wound or scar? ” 33 likes