Start by marking “The Bottom Line: The Truth Behind Private Health Care in Canada” as Want to Read:
The Bottom Line: The Truth Behind Private Health Care in Canada

The Bottom Line: The Truth Behind Private Health Care in Canada

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Alberta government has been looking to the private sector—and in particular to private health insurance—to solve health care problems. In this highly readable and well-researched book, Diana Gibson and Colleen Fuller get to the real story behind private health insurance and offer viable solutions for strengthening Canada’s public health care system from within.
Published April 1st 2006 by Newest Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Bottom Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bottom Line

Christina
This book is well written and succinctly argued. It presents the issues in a way that is easy to understand. As a healthcare worker new to Canada, I'd picked this book up as contextual reading, so it didn't include the level of detail I was looking for. However, it was more relevant than I expected - I live in Alberta and it provided much information on the politics and history of private insurance in Alberta.

Good for the everyday reader, although I think it's potentially outdated at this point
Phil
Every Canadian should read this book. It should be mandatory reading for school children and university students
Anthony Zimmer
Anthony Zimmer marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Cara Alexandria
Cara Alexandria marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Jennifer Richardson
Jennifer Richardson marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Sara-Ann
Sara-Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
The Bottom Line: The Truth Behind Private Health Insurance in Canada Rethinking Masculinities, Violence and AIDS Dracula