Start by marking “Your Erroneous Zones” as Want to Read:
Your Erroneous Zones

Your Erroneous Zones

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,544 Ratings  ·  268 Reviews
From the author of Real Magic and the multimillion-copy bestseller Pulling Your Own Strings, positive and practical advice for breaking free from the trap of negative thinking.
If you're plagued by guilt or worry and find yourself falling unwittingly into the same old self-destructive patterns, then you have "erroneous zones" -- whole facets of your approach to life that ac
Published December 5th 1993 by HarperTorch (first published August 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Your Erroneous Zones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Erroneous Zones

Equating the Equations of Insanity by Durgesh SatpathyThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThe Art of Startup Fundraising by Alejandro CremadesHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieHow to be Successful in Present Day World by Pradeep Chaswal
Best Self-Help Books
51st out of 196 books — 222 voters
Death of a Salesman by Arthur MillerThe Crucible by Arthur MillerThe Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore CooperI Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Last Names Derived from Professions
126th out of 320 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Claudine
Aug 29, 2007 Claudine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those in need of answers
I read this book while in the midst of a nervous breakdown time in my life, I had alot of questions, without answers I began to suffer tremendously...Dr. Wayne Dyer helped me to understand the reasoning behind why I put my thoughts into play and how I can move to change the way I think without compromising myself. Amazing thought provoking writing and I read this book about once every three to four years, it is definitely therapeutic and insightful!
Read or watch any of Dr. Wayne Dyers publicatio
Reem Musaed
Oct 09, 2011 Reem Musaed rated it it was amazing
هذا الكتاب بلغته الأصليه وليس الترجمه ..
خرافي! لو أقدر أعطيه 10 نجوم من 5 عطيته ..
قرأته في 2006 ، تغيرت نفسيتي تماما وأذكر انيتخلصت من الكثير من المشاعر السلبيه اللي مالها سبب معين الا ترسبات قديمه .. جيد جدا لمن تكون في أسوأ مراحل حياتك النفسيه "2006" كانت بداية جيده بسبب هذا الكتاب.
كنت في أول سنه جامعيه والحياه متغيره لكن هذا الكتاب ساعدني اني أشوف وين المشكله وكيف احلها ..
أنصح فيه لأي أحد في أي عمر .. وأنصح بقرائته عدة مرات على حسب الحاجه :]
Delnavaa
Jul 29, 2012 Delnavaa rated it it was amazing
honestly, I don't know why it received a 3 star rating. This book changed my outlook! Dyre teaches us that Approval seeking is engrained in our culture. Some feel guilt and shame and are constantly seeking approval doubting themselves and not being able to decide or process their feelings to acheive compromise or a rational result. They value peoples opinions more than they value their own especially if those people they seek approval of are close and important to them. This develops at a very y ...more
Mariam
Oct 21, 2011 Mariam rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mariam by: Ez Eziza
This book just makes a lot of sense. It completely blew my mind! Herein, Dyer presents us with a completely different paradigm, a new lens from which to look at ourselves and the world. He introduces very many fundamental principles on right living, most of which we are already aware of, but unwilling to apply or fear the consequences of doing so - being that we live in a society wherein we are constantly bombarded on a daily basis with hundreds of cultural messages that encourages us to obey, t ...more
Gloria Elena .
Jan 23, 2012 Gloria Elena . rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este es el único libro que recuerdo, que cambió mi vida, en su momento.
Yo lo leí a los 18 años. Empecé a ver mis relaciones con los demás de manera diferente.
En ese tiempo estaba lejos de tener las experiencias y el conocimiento que tengo hoy, más aún, después de estudiar psicología, por eso ese libro en su momento me ayudó a abrir los ojos, a no caer en las trampas de los demas (que quizas crean sin intención), a no manejar culpas ni dejarmelas imponer, a no caer en manipulaciones, etc., etc.
Es
Karen
Oct 08, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, 2009
I love Wayne Dyer so when I was helping my MIL clear out and organize her huge book collection and found this old gem, I asked if I could have it. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint. Written in 1976 and his first book, it reads like he wrote it last week. Straight forward and real, this book will hit home for everyone! I'm going slow and learning, learning.
Bob
Sep 06, 2013 Bob rated it it was amazing

Your Erroneous Zones is simply one of the greatest self-help books ever written. For people just beginning to read self-help or spiritual books, this book is a great place to start. It is nearly imperative that if one reads any book by Dr. Wayne Dyer that they start with this book. By reading his books in order of copyright, the amazing shift in his philosophy and interests over the years can be witnessed.

Dr. Dyer has written so many books, but important books to follow with this one are "Pulli
Gadeer Al-Shathry
Jul 07, 2013 Gadeer Al-Shathry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
الكتاب يساعدك على اكتشاف نقاط ضعفك ومعرفة مدى تأثيرها على حياتك و أسبابها وماتجنيه من حاجات نفسيه من وراء تمسك فيها ، ويلخص لك بعض الأساليب والتطبيقات للتحرر منها ..
يحتوي على 12 فصل ، كل فصل يتكلم عن نقطه ضعف ويعرضها عليك بطريقه جديده في كل مره ..
احببت طريقة عرض الكاتب للمشكله في انه يحللها ويعطيك امثله ممكن انت تقع فيها في حياتك اليوميه ، وآخر شي طُرق لتغييرها ..

تقسيم الفصول:
1- كن مسئولا عن نفسك
2- الحب الأول
3- لست في حاجة إلى استحسان الآخرين
4- التحرر من قيود الماضي
5- مشاعر وأحاسيس لانفع من و
Regina Andreassen
Jun 13, 2013 Regina Andreassen rated it it was amazing

Fantastic! I read it when I was still a teen and then I have read it again a few years ago. The best book of its kind. All those new cheesy, overly simplistic authors who are proclaming they 'know how to find happiness and will take you there'and are now at Harvard delivering subjects on 'Happiness', should probably learn from Dyer. That said, Dyer's writing style has changed and I don't enjoy his actual work as much as I enjoyed his early work...but I don't buy 'happiness' books anymore, anyway
حمد الملا
Apr 20, 2015 حمد الملا rated it it was amazing
قرأت الكتاب بالعربية، الترجمة بها الكثير من العيوب، وبعض الجمل غير مفهومة. الكتاب من الأروع في التغيير، كان يغيرني في نفس اللحظة. أتمنى أن لا أنسى نصائحه، سجلتها بعناية، وسأجتهد لإزالة جميع مواطن الضعف لدي. أندم على كوني كنت مبتعدا عن هذه الكتب الفترة الماضية، كانت حياتي ستكون مختلفة. أنصح به، وبشدة!
هالةْ أمين
هذه الكتب لطيفة نوعا ما في استعادة بعض اللياقة وكذلك كجرعة ودفعة معنوية بسبب التكرار الزائد لبعض الافكار
Misa Escobedo
Mar 01, 2012 Misa Escobedo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aunque por lo general no disfruto mucho de leer libros considerados de auto-ayuda, este libro logró atraparme con su objetividad y su realismo, me encantó la forma en que se ejemplifican las zonas erróneas con casos de la vida real, debo admitir que me sentí identificado con bastantes zonas erróneas en las que debo trabajar. Lo recomiendo mucho para cualquier persona.
Eman.
Jul 02, 2011 Eman. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
أذكر أنني قرأته قبل ثلاثة أعوام ..
وكان واحد من أفضل الكتب التي ساعدتني على فهم
بعض نقاطي السيئة ، ومواطن ضعفي ..
أعتبرته كتاب ملهم ، وساعدني في الحقيقة على إيجاد
الحلول الكثيرة ..
ومازلت حتى الآن أقوم بقراءة بعض إقتباساته بين فترة وآخرى ..
Ahmad Badghaish
الكتاب لطيف بالعموم يخبرك ببعض المشاكل اتي يتعرض لها الناس, كلامه كثير في أمور لا تستحق كثرة الكلام, أعجبني الجانب العملي فيه, بالنسبة لي .. كتب د.فيليب ماكجرو كانت أفضل وأعمق ؛ استراتيجيات الحياة و اهتم بذاتك :)
Chris
Jun 19, 2010 Chris is currently reading it
90 percent of our happiness is our own reaction to things and only 10 percent what happens to us.

I like this book. I don't agree with all of it but I like it. Good, positive message.
F.mohd
Aug 29, 2012 F.mohd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
مواطن الضعف كتاب يستحق الاحتفاظ به بعد الانتهاء من التعمق به .. اسلوب فكري راقي سلس، يشرح ما هي مواطن ضعف كل واحد على حدى و يساعدك لفهم مواطن ضعفك وكيفيةالتخلص منها...اعجبني ^_^
Claudia Ossa
Aug 27, 2011 Claudia Ossa rated it it was amazing
Terrible title. Life changing book if you are open.
Tara Brabazon
May 08, 2015 Tara Brabazon rated it it was ok
This book is O.K. It attempts to correct and manage a culture of excuses. It is a book about the self - about how the individual can activate thoughts and agency to transform their life. The problem is that the book is a context-free zone. In other words, no matter what an individual may experience, it can be changed by thinking differently about it.

Unfortunately, this is an inaccurate assumption. Certainly, there are solid elements of self empowerment in this book. But the understanding of powe
M. J.
Sep 20, 2014 M. J. rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-non-fiction
I admit to being skeptical of this book before I began. I needed a non-fiction book of some sort to balance my reading diet, and this one had somehow found its way into our bedroom and been staring at me from the dresser for--well, I suspect several years--so I decided I would at least see what it said. I expected it to be a lot of psychobabble pablum of little value. It was so much worse than that.

It hit me wrong twice within the first few pages. First, it made the argument that since we are mo
Barbara
This is the very first "inspirational" or "personal growth" book I read. I read it when I was a senior at the University of Miami and I was taking an inter-personal communications course, and we were required to give a presentation on a book that may have changed our life in some way. I absolutely loved this book, and to this day I still love Wayne Dyer's philosophy. I think a lot of the information in this book may be outdated now (or maybe not), but Wayne has written so many books since this o ...more
Printable Tire
While I admit if you fostered every single piece of advice in this book you'd probably become a big fat smelly bore (or like cousin Larry when he took that self-help class on Perfect Strangers), I did find this book rather stimulating and honest. I haven't read any other self-help books that I can think of (other than maybe Quarterlife Crisis and Hero with a Thousand Faces) and I found Dyer's book surprisingly thoughtful, insightful, literary and incredibly not stupid. He is sometimes contradict ...more
Sandra Steffy
Mar 12, 2014 Sandra Steffy rated it really liked it
Self-help books are a low-cost, important tool for individuals who have the will to change and are able to use the prescription with discernment, courage and tenacity. Of course, that's always easier said than done, especially in a world where enculturation is highly promoted and individualism discouraged. I read Your Erroneous Zones years ago and just finished rereading it. Both times, I found it to be helpful. In it, Wayne Dyer candidly explains our negative thought processes, the payoffs for ...more
Anwar
Feb 24, 2012 Anwar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"إنني أعتقد أن عناصر الحياة الفعالة هي خليط (متوازن) من العمل الجاد والتفكير السليم و وروح الفكاهة والثقة بالنفس "

كانت هذه العبارة في أوائل أوراق الكتاب .. وأعتقد أن د.واين كان يريد من قارئه أن تكون حياته متوازنه بعد قرائته للكتاب لأن تركيزه على الأغلب في العوامل المؤثرة على عناصر الخليط ..

صدقاً وبدون مباغة الكتاب غيّرني كثيراً رغم أنني لم أركز في قرائته لأنه ليس الكتب التي أحب أن أقرأها ، لكني وجدته ذات فراغ في مكتبة أخي فالتقطته وشرعت في قرائته ،
من المهم ذكره هنا أن بيئة الكاتب تختلف عن بيئاتن
Dorothy
Read ages ago. Marking to reread.
María Greene
Oct 04, 2015 María Greene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Aunque sé que muchos odian este libro (y probablemente por pura moda), yo encuentro que es UNA MARAVILLA. Tiene razón ¡en tantas cosas! En todo, prácticamente, diría... yo lo leí cuando chica, y después hace poco, y lo encuentro muy certero, y además está escrito con tanta claridad, y los ejemplos son tan gráficos que, en medio de lo trágicas que son algunas cosas, a uno se le sale la carcajada. A mí nunca se me va a olvidar, por ejemplo, la supuesta imagen de la persona a quien uno no ayuda a l ...more
Fausto
Ha sido mi 1º libro de autoayuda y no ha estado nada mal, y además tiene párrafos interesantes. Por lo menos no es aburrido, y se pueden sacar varios consejos útiles.

Lo importante para conseguir la autoconfianza, la felicidad, y eliminar esas zonas erróneas, es tener fuerza de voluntad y espíritu de sacrificio. Algo que por otra parte es elemental y básico para afrontar cualquier problema.
Uno de los asuntos principales es analizar los diversos comportamientos negativos, como son: la culpa, el r
Esther
Apr 27, 2012 Esther rated it it was amazing
A book far ahead of its time. Something along the lines of Shakespeare's quote..."there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so,"

He can teach you to realise you are a victim of your own thoughts... change your thoughts and things will start to change for you.

Read this book in 1984... it opened my eyes. Highly recommended for people who
* Feel overwhelmed by their circumstances
* feel manipulated
* Find it difficult to get on with family members

I loved it
Diogenes
Apr 02, 2014 Diogenes rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
While the ideas were revolutionary back in 1976 when it was first published. Today this kind of ideas have been over exploited and is difficult to judge based on who published his book first, who has the better system or who goes into more detail.

The true thing is that no matter who you like or how many self-help books you read. Is until you give it a try and start living by these ideas that you'll notice how you are actually and truly able to accomplish whatever you want.
Dodoworld
Jul 07, 2011 Dodoworld rated it it was amazing
I read this book while Im so upset cuz of negative ppl around me. I start thinking about each question he asks .I took a long breath before answering a question cuz these questions are more closer to the situation I were. I love it , it opended many doors of thinking ahead to me. I felt Im really an adult and has power to change wat I want.
Tammy Williams
Apr 09, 2014 Tammy Williams rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirit
If there's one thing that can tweak a good self esteem....it's a breakup! Just means there is always SO much to learn about oneself!
I am loving this book so far - very empowering to claiming one's self worth and I'm not that far in. I am loving who I am becoming!
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Your Inner Awakening: The Work of Byron Katie: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life
  • Positive Addiction
  • Soul Stories
  • The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence
  • Handbook to Higher Consciousness
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
  • Love
  • When I Say No, I Feel Guilty: How to Cope - Using the Skills of Systematic Assertive Therapy
  • The Book of Understanding: Creating Your Own Path to Freedom
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Live with Passion!: Stategies for Creating a Compelling Future
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • From Poverty to Power
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...

“Acceptance means no complaining, and happiness means no complaining about the things over which you can do nothing.” 11 likes
“Feelings are not just emotions that happen to you. Feelings are reactions you choose to have.” 3 likes