Embrace The Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)

Embrace The Twilight (Wings in the Night #8)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,163 ratings  ·  30 reviews
A creature of the night, Sarafina lives only for pleasure, but love is an emotion she has deemed forbidden. Experience has taught her that love leads only to betrayal and pain, and she wants no more of pain. She cares for no one, tolerating only the presence of those she can control utterly. With her powers, she is convinced she can break anyone. Willem Stone cannot be bro...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2003)

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Vampire Book Series
195th out of 207 books — 64 voters
Sebastian by Christoph FischerForever Scarred by Jackie WilliamsYours Until Dawn by Teresa MedeirosReckless Endangerment by Amber Lea EastonThe Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
Books with Disabled Heros
255th out of 365 books — 327 voters

More lists with this book...

(´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´)
A creature of the night, Sarafina revels in the glory of vengeance and rage. And she tries not to remember a time when she knew the meaning of love . . . before she was betrayed by the curse of her blood.

She plays for kicks, but never for keeps. Even when she spots William Stone at a local nightclub, she wants only to possess him long enough to satiate her deep, passionate hunger. His power and his strength excite her. But Will is much more than anything she could ever imagine.

He is a man of a...more
Maria
I haven’t read the other books of this series, but “Embrace The Twilight” by Maggie Shayne is very good. It’s about Sarafina, a vampire woman who had a lot of emotional pain in her long life and Willem a human soldier who can communicate with her in a very strange way.
I liked this book because it was easy to read but in the end I had some questions, because the author didn't give us some important information. But, it’s a good book! :)
Kathy
Willem Stone - special forces... the first third of the book is his torture when captured in the desert... and his escape from the pain came in day dreams, where his spirit joined with Sarafina...

Sarafina... a couple of hundred years earlier, a gypsy, a seer, a witch of sorts... and she has blood that will lead to an early death or eternal life if sharing blood with a vampire... betrayed by her sister & fiance, she embraces life with the thousands year old vampire... And Willem, her spirit,...more
Saturnus
Den här vampyr romanen handlar om Sarafina och Will, två helt olika personer, han människa, hon uråldrig vampyr, han stark och klarar allt, hon med svårt förflutet bakom sig, men tillsammans hittar kärleken i varandra och över alla hinder vinner dom över den
TheMadHatter
This is book 8 in a paranormal romance (vampire) series that began in the 90s (well before the twilight and black dagger brotherhood explosion).

These books are a very similar style to black dagger brotherhood in that each book is about a specific vampire, there are people trying to kill them, all the characters from previous books are inter-related and each book in itself has a nice little happish ending. Very very similar. But these books came first.

However, I think these books lack the intensi...more
Megan
Sep 26, 2007 Megan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Vampire Romance Fans
Book 11 in the "Wings in the Night" series (if reading in chronological order). Great book in the series, but you have to wonder at what is going to happen to the hero and heroine down the road... since the hero is not one of the Chosen, and cannot be turned into a vampire...? This is the story of Sarafina (vampire) and Willem Stone (human). Sarafina is the sire of Dante (from Twilight Hunger). This book features many familiar faces from the past and the bad DPI is at it again...
Amanda
not really a funny book...but still a good one...toward the end there was a good action scenes...but it is koolio how will and sarafina are connected like that...but i feel sorry on how many times she has fell in love and been left for someone else...and her sister...what a *****...im serious..my sister is mean...but not that mean.
Jasmyn
I've been slowly reading through the Wings in the Night series for a few years now. They were one of the first paranormal romance series that I had ever read and really opened the door to the genre for me. Maggie Shayne is a great author and while she fell just a tad short in this one for me I can see how it adds a very imporatant piece to the world she has built.

After the demises of DPI - an organization set on destroying vampires - things seem to be going better. But there are still a few rogu...more
Gaynell
I really enjoyed the book. This is Sarafina's and Will's story. Sarafina is a vampire and Will is a human (but not one of the chosen). I'll wait to see if M. Shayne addresses this in the next book. We also got to see Amber Lily grown up.
Heather
I have been reading this series out of order, so was quite interested in finding out how Willem and Serafina came to be together. I quite enjoyed their story, although I did not rnk this as the best in this series.
Francesca
An easy read, with vivid scenes that could keep you awake at night. The suspense is nail-biting. I was moved by Sarafina and Willem's story. A very entertaining book that I enjoyed very much.
Gina
Maggie Shayne always writes a good yarn. In this book, she creates the perfect match for Vampire Gypsy Princess Sarafina in Colonial Willem Stone. Bravo!

(Second Read. Still satisfying.)
Marina Andreou
This is a very good story and im glad that i buy the book :) It has so passion and hot characters,the story is so magic,and the book travels you in fantasy...
This is great. Safa and Will are perfect for each other. They have a really bumpy start but come along in end. Great HEA. love this family.
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
For the time and audience that this was wriiten, it was ground breaking. Loved the whole Wings in the Night series.
Debbie Zappen
I really like this world & its characters, who are very interesting people - both vampires & humans.
Katherine Maxwell
very moving..another great one..as if there was any doubt.
Saturnus
really good, but not the best maggie shayne has wrote.
Natasha smith
absolutely loved. its a must read everyone
Serena
TRAMA: Sarafina, potente e bellissima vampira, non si fida più di nessuno, nemmeno di Will Stone. Lo ha amato finché lo credeva uno spirito-guida, un’incorporea voce nella mente da cui trarre conforto nei momenti bui, non ora che, nella New York del XXI secolo, lui si rivela un semplice mortale. Poi Amber Lily, l’unica creatura nata da vampiri, viene rapita dagli agenti del DPI, così entrambi sono costretti a unire le forze per ritrovarla. E Sarafina scopre che Will è un mortale, sì, ma decisame...more
Virginia
Favorite Shayne Book.
Britta
Jul 28, 2008 Britta rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kim
Recommended to Britta by: Gina
Not as good as her other works. I actually find that I like her shorter novellas when she puts two or three stories into one anthologies.

Not as good.
rameau
An entertaining read despite the ridiculousness of it. The rushed ending and lack of believable character development ate away the third star.
Erotic Horizon
Embrace The Twilight (Twilight Series Book 8) by Maggie Shayne (2006)
Cara
Maggie Shayne, you rule sexy vampire novels!
kristina
that book was amazing !!i loved it
Brey
I love these vampires!!
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Wings in the Night, #4)
  • A Whisper of Eternity
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Bewitched
  • Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou...more
More about Maggie Shayne...
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge Of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)