Start by marking “Life is an Open Secret: Think About It - 18 Inspirational Stories from Ordinary Life Experiences” as Want to Read:

Life is an Open Secret is a book written with the beautiful and ancient art of storytelling. It represents the reality of life challenges faced by modern society across geographical, race, faith, gender and age boundaries. The author shared 19 stories aiming to tease the readers?mind with a variety of mind-boggling questions to think and ponder upon. The stories are to ...more
169 pages
Published July 7th 2007 by Wise Words Publisher (first published June 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Life is an Open Secret, please sign up.

Nursyahidah Ismail Another question from me is, is there any setting, such as place,time and people..
Ruth by Marlene S. LewisMister Pip by Lloyd JonesThe creation of animal life = by Thomas H. SloneThe Crocodile by Vincent EriNew Guinea Moon by Kate Constable
Papua New Guinea Fiction
11th out of 26 books — 9 voters
Widow, Virgin, Whore by Deanna Lynn SlettenUnbroken Dreams by Katerina JulienIf I Stay by Gayle FormanPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
my deram is come true
12th out of 37 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Aina Dayana Hilmi
Jan 01, 2009 Aina Dayana Hilmi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Aina Dayana by: Dakwatbiru :)
Shelves: read-in-2008
a very attractive book! sis Zabrina shows us Islam is not a complicated religion. her stories are simple yet near to our daily life. sometimes it make us thinking, sometimes it touch our hearts. i feel inspired to be a better person after read her book. insya Allah (",)

i was so touched by Secret One - Love Your Mother. It makes me more alert and sensitive to mother's feeling. sometimes i disobey her. after this i'll make sure not to hurt her anymore. Insya Allah.

"Your Lord has decreed that you w
Cik Aini
Apr 27, 2010 Cik Aini rated it really liked it
I didn't even had second thoughts of buying this book when it was promoted vigorously through blogs or even when I saw a woman read in during an LRT ride. I wasn't interested. Nadah, zilch!

And then, I went to Bandung last year in May 2009, and I found the book was translated into Indonesian language. Oh my, I should grab this book indeed!

I bought it in Pustaka Mukmin and I just read it. Thanks Sis Zabrina for such inspiring advices and words. The stories are related to us in certain ways, no mat
Noninuna
Aug 13, 2011 Noninuna rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
not intentionally interested but the earlier week in GEMS was kinda boring and had a lot of free time. one of my dorm mate brought up this book and i read it just for the sake of killing some times.

to my surprise, this book is really good!
it's consist of 18 stories. Inspiring story about ordinary people like you and me.
This book successfully made me think about the other perspective in life..

what is special about the book is the way the author wrote it.
the English is very simple that will enable
Ira syarif
Dec 21, 2011 Ira syarif rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: islami, non-fiction
delapan belas topik penuh motivasi, 18 kisah yang sangat menyentuh, lebih dari 18 kalimat bijak yang "ngena" banget.
sis Zabrina dengan cerdas dapat mengemas pesan-pesan dan ajakannya kepada kebaikan dengan gaya yang santai dan tidak menggurui. Islam itu Indah dan Mudah, begitu juga gaya Sis Zabrina mengajak pembacanya untuk bercengkrama dengan kebajikan.
direkomendasikan untuk siapa saja...
Gobokairina
Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Forgive yourself. Breathe. And enjoy the ride – Solbeam

I love that quote. But then I found this book. Muchas gracias Abang Tariq! Yes, it’s extraordinary stories. I should admit that I’m falling so hard with this book… hik3 lalala5

The 18 stories are simply adorable. It’s combination of inspirations, spirituals, and religious. It incredibility beautiful and amazing touch of art, advice, humor and stories - a real KNOWLEDGABLE! You may adapt it quickly as every si
Lailaturrahmi
Jun 17, 2014 Lailaturrahmi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-book
Banyak hal yang terlupa oleh kita di usia yang telah dewasa. Berapa banyak waktu terbuang sia-sia? Berapa banyak energi habis terlontar karena amarah? Berapa banyak kelembutan hati terkikis oleh prasangka buruk dan tak senang melihat saudara bahagia? Seringkah kita mengeluh? Seringkah kita menunda-nunda untuk beramal baik dan bersegera dalam melalaikan nikmat kesempatan? Na'udzubillahi min dzaalik.

Sebelum terlanjur larut dalam kumparan permasalahan tersebut, ada baiknya Anda membaca buku ini.

Buk
Nookie
Apr 11, 2009 Nookie rated it it was amazing
This book captivates me. It's a collection of 18 motivational and inspirational short stories which ultimately inspires the readers' to reflect and change, should need be, according to the guidelines from Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). I love Sis Zabrina's writing style and her creative use of stories, quotes, Qur'an and hadiths to convey meaningful lessons for us all to ponder upon. The simplicity of the language is easy enough for a child to understand, but ...more
Faris
Jul 02, 2008 Faris rated it it was amazing
It's indeed inspiring and fascinating by providing several mind-boggling questions that tease your mind. It makes us stop for a while and reflect on what we'd done so far. This book also help us to open the tie of confusion pertaining life's happening with several quotes from Glorious Holy Koran, Hadith and a few imminent personnel. It does touch to the core of my heart. With simple English used, It is easy enough for a child to understand and gain a portion of motivating impact from this book. ...more
Arwa Rommani
Sep 04, 2011 Arwa Rommani rated it really liked it
A wonderful book I've read, it teaches islamic manners in a beautiful way, the writer used different stories to show the concept of each subject in consider, she also used quotes from Qura'an and Sunnah. What I've also noticed that the writer used simple words to make it more close to the mind of the reader at any age. I advice you to try to read even some of these stories and I'm pretty sure you'll like them, as well as your kids.
Nia
Apr 28, 2009 Nia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tidak payah untuk sekadar mendapatkan tiket ke syurga.
Salah satu tiket itu memang ada di depan mata kita setiap masa.
Terpulang kepada kita untuk merebut tiket ini atau sebaliknya.

Buku ini bisa membuatkan kita tersentuh hati dan merubah cara berfikiran supaya setiap apa yg kita lakukan adalah semata-mata untuk hari 'esok'. Bukan untuk sekarang.
Qila
Feb 15, 2009 Qila rated it it was amazing
" life is an open secret" inspires me a lot..even though i just started, it makes me think and think about what i've done. insyaAllah i'll try to improve myself. so many thing i learned, which is very much good.
Hanifah N. F.
Sep 01, 2012 Hanifah N. F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sederhana, tapi sungguh menyentuh dengan cara yang bersahaja. kisah-kisahnya cukup praktis untuk dapat langsung dilihat atau bahkan langsung diterapkan dalam kehidupan sehari-hari. seakan-akan benar-benar "hanya" butuh satu tiket untuk ke surga, Insya Allah :)
Anna Fillaah
Jun 03, 2014 Anna Fillaah rated it it was amazing
Really, Highly recommended to read this book!! Belum terlambat untuk memperbaiki diri dan mengetahui syariat dan sunnah Islam untuk di aplikasikan dalam hidup! :) Hooaaaah, I'm not patient to read next part of this book
Nuria
Jun 01, 2008 Nuria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dari buku ini saya belajar bahwa tidak ada kata terlambat untuk memperbaiki diri..dan sebuah perbaikan diri itu tidak perlu dilakukan terburu-buru..langkah-langkah kecil yang konsisten juga merupakan a big step in the process to change...good book...
Fenita Gustini
Jul 12, 2014 Fenita Gustini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sukaaaa...

Mau punya satu untuk diriku sendiri nanti, insya allah. Semoga dimudahkan. aku udah tulis resensi versiku di blog, yuk mampir >> http://fenitapenot.blogspot.com/2014/...
Dayat
Sep 22, 2009 Dayat rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dayat by: Kak Yang
Lighthearted, and smooth style of writing.
I've a wonderful experience reading 'Life is an Open Secret'.
My only complaint is the illustrations in the book. It should be better.
Arrica Lee
Dec 09, 2007 Arrica Lee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Muslim
An inspirational and motivating story that ought to be own by all Muslim. Even if you are not one, it is also an eye opening. Contains a lot of quotes that I find interesting.
Nining Ngadimun
Sep 05, 2008 Nining Ngadimun rated it liked it
Recommended to Nining by: The author herself-Sis. Zabrina, in a motivational talk organize
Simple in language, easy to absorb.
Category: Light-reading, book of quotes, life experience.
Get one!
Popy
Aug 17, 2009 Popy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great job siz... sometimes we tend 2 make everything more complicated than what it really is. u show us the way
Nazliza Nawawi
Nazliza Nawawi rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2010
Wmastura
Wmastura rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2010
Nique
Nique rated it liked it
May 17, 2009
Muhammad Faez
Muhammad Faez rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2010
Frano104
Frano104 rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2008
Taufani
Taufani rated it really liked it
May 06, 2008
Tetty Canastaria
Tetty Canastaria rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Anisah zakaria
Anisah zakaria rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2011
Siti Maryam Lukman
Siti Maryam Lukman rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Diego
Diego rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rindu Bau Pohon Tin (Travelog Tarbiah)
  • Travelog Dakwah: Meniti Hari Esok
  • 1511H [KOMBAT]
  • Quran Saintifik: Meneroka Kecemerlangan Quran Daripada Teropong Sains
  • Biografi Muhammad bin Abdullah: Perjalanan Hidup Seorang Nabi
  • Tazkiyatun Nafs: Intisari Ihya Ulumuddin
  • Hijab Sang Pencinta (Bagaikan Puteri, #3)
  • Happiness Now!
  • From Beirut to Jerusalem
  • Jaja & Din
  • Damai (3 Ceritera Dalam Sebuah)
  • VT
  • Tunas
Zabrina is an aspiring young writer whose interest is in writing short stories with Personality
Building and Human Relations themes. Her main aim is to provide the readers with motivational
stories which she hopes they can identify with and able to make them think. The focus of her writing
is usually daily happenings in life, analyzed and blended with the Quranic verses and Hadeeth of
the Prophet Muha
More about Zabrina A. Bakar...