Start by marking “The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men, #3-4)

The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men #3-4)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,948 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Jason Manning is content with his life as a bachelor, a slob and a sports fan. Then a precocious girl named Carrie Weston decides to play matchmaker, introducing him to her mother, Charlotte. To his relief, Charlotte is as averse to marriage as he is. But Jason's feelings start to change once he gets to know his Bride on the Loose.

James Wilkens was almost a Manning groom -
Published December 1st 2008 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Manning Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Manning Grooms

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberCall Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie MacomberMorning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber
RRRC - FAC: Debbie Macomber (April 2011)
70th out of 108 books — 63 voters
Her Reluctant Groom by Rose GordonHer Sudden Groom by Rose GordonHer Secondhand Groom by Rose GordonHer Imperfect Groom by Rose GordonThe Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
"Groom" Books
10th out of 21 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Two books in one...
Bride on the Loose
Jason Manning is a confirmed bachelor until he meets Charlotte. They both fall quickly and then the trouble ensues...
Same Time, Next Year
Christy Manning broke James Wilkins heart five years ago, but he's moved on...Summer just got her heart broken and James knows just how to help her move on.

Classic Macomber. I loved all in the series that I have read (I missed the first two about the Manning sisters). Both stories are quick reads (I read the whole book in l
Dee
Two older books in one volume. Here are my two-haiku reviews:

Bride on the Loose

She is single mom
Her marriage was terrible
Can she love again?

Nice character depth
Series, but could stand alone
End a bit sudden

Same Time Next Year

They meet in Vegas
She's been dumped by fiance
He writes her letters

Very sweet story
Almost fairytale romance
With loving couple
Julianna
Sep 26, 2014 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
*newest review for this anthology

Bride on the Loose - Bride on the Loose is the third story in Debbie Macomber's Those Manning Men series, and I'd have to say it's probably my favorite in the series so far. Carefree bachelor, Jason Manning was the last of the Manning men still standing, but he's finally brought to his knees by a little thing called love, when a matchmaking teenager tries to fix him up with her mom in hopes that having a man in her life will make her mom
Beverley
This is a book with two romances. Yet both are very predictable. In the first, we have Jason Manning a confirmed bachelor who falls in love, in a very short time, with the blonde down the hall. She is a divorced mother with a teenager. I'm not convinced that any teenager can be that sweet or that Jason didn't have a problem with having the teenager around. And what bride would make her mother-in-law do all the planning for her wedding? This seems like putting reality on hold big time.

The second
Marianne
Bride on the Loose: Jason Manning, middle Manning brother, confirmed bachelor, slob and sports fan. Charlotte Weston, prim and proper executive assistant and divorced mother of 9th grader, Carrie. What happens when Carrie offers to pay Jason to date her mom? While the sparks fly, so do Cupid’s arrows. Will Eric and Elizabeth manning finally get to organise the big fancy wedding they have so very much wanted to, but missed out on with two sons and two daughters?
Same Time, Next Year: James Wilken
Jan Mcleod
The first novel in this book is about the confirmed bachelor, Jason Manning. He becomes interested in Charlotte Weston, however, she has some serious emotional problems for an abusinve, egotistical first husband. Jason finds himself not wanting to let her go, though. His pushy, meddling mother really doesn't help matters between Jason and charlotte, but he decides he wants her and will do whatever necessary to establish a love relationshio with her. Characters are portrayed well, and story line ...more
Kim Hampton
Another two great books in one from Debbie Macomber, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. In the first, Jason, the youngest Manning brother (and my favorite because he's a veterinarian) vows never to get married and give up his life of being a slob and sports fan. He meets his match when a meddling teenager decides to set him up with her mom! I won't tell you what happens, but I REALLY loved this story!
In the second, James Wilkens (who almost married Manning sister Christy) meets
Emily Higgins
The ebook I read contained only Bride on the Loose. Veterinarian Jason Manning was approached by his tenant's teen aged daughter with a proposal that he date her mother. Jason is scornful at first. However, after he meets Charlotte, he finds himself drawn deeper and deeper into the teen agers plot. Cute story.
Rachel Gilbey
I enjoyed the Manning family trilogy. Al very easy reads, with a strong passionate romantic side.

Usually I have a nice heart warming feeling once I finish a Debbie Macomber, which was missing after these, but the stories have stuck with me for a bit, which is always nice.
Lorilee
Wonderful read for the person who loves light romances. This author captures my attention immediately and then holds it throughout the entire book. Thank you Ms. Macomber for taking me away to a better place!
Christine
'The Manning Grooms' follows the love story between Jason Manning (the lone, unmarried Manning sibling) and James Wilkens (referred to as an honorary Manning, a close friend of the family).

Like its predecessors, the main story lines were predictable and the characters overwhelmingly wholesome (everyone gets married after kissing..and only kissing). A welcome surprise to the 3rd installment in the series was more interesting character development and somewhat fresher dialogue. Rich's story still
Jaycee Limutau
3rd book of Trilogy. Super fun with some drama of life experiences to make it a deeper book.
Jessica Danielle
This was the first Macomber book I've ever read. Honestly, I started it because my mom bought me a shit ton of books from a book sale. They then sat on my dresser for over a year, and I felt it was time to read one. This one, it seems, looked the least not interesting so I grabbed it. I started off thinking wow, could this chick be any more annoying? She's so needy. But I soon grew to love the characters. I was a bit sad when the first half of the book ended. However, when I finished the second ...more
Dora Okeyo
Quick read: two stories about finding love and moving on after being hurt.
Just Tolegranny
I enjoyed it. I like that both stories intertwined. Good read.
Glenda L
Two books by Debbie Macomber ... she has such a way with characters ... you think you know them. Bride on the Loose is about two people who are averse to marriage ... then they get to know each other and sparks fly. Same Time, Next Year is about two people who meet in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve. They have both been betrayed and decide to take a year to get over it ... when they meet again, they get married. Both are good relaxing, easy reads.
Adetia
As much as I enjoyed the story of Jason and Charlotte (and Carrie), I equally loathed the second half of this book featuring James and Summer. I'd give Book#3 a 5, and Book #4 a 2 at best. The story was so contrived, to call it absurd would be generous. It was a shame these two were paired for the first part was so classically Debbie Macomber, while the second half left me so put off, I'm not sure I want to continue with the series.
Anna
It was a very quick read. The Hero and heroine met, in a meet cute sort of way. She's very standoff sort of person, and you learn that she was in an abusive relationship previously. She has a precocious daughter, and is very protective. He owns the building she rents an apartment in. It is a light hearted, and sweet little read. It's perfect for someone who needs a light book to relax by as the fall rolls along.
Andita
Karen Koons
Two novels in one book. Both were quick reads; I finished one a day. Both novels were engaging. They were good in that they did not go through a long and painful miss-communication of he thinks, she thinks. Very good for relaxing and escaping reality. The Manning Brides by Debbie Macomber
Linda Watts
I found both stories interesting however I generally don't like books with multiple stories in one. I was a little confused at the beginning of the second story as to how these new people linked in with the original characters.

I have found Debbie Macomber's books to be a light, interesting read.
Jenny
I needed a light read at this time, so this modern romance book was just right. This book actually contained 2 stories, "Bride on the Loose" and "Same Time, Next Year." The rushed weddings for both stories definitely provided a new twist on things.
Carol
Romance is not my favorite kind of reading especially with all the love scenes and the outcomes are predictable. The saving grace of this book with it's two stories is that the characters are very likeable and you want them to succeed.
Cary
Nice to be back with familiar characters... more or less. The book was clean and romantic which considering that it is set in modern times is rather unique. Nice little vacation, nothing meaty but then I didn't expect it.
I loved the Manning sisters and this one was just as good! I especially loved James' story. Both stories are so heartwarming and even brought a few tears to my eyes. A great read with Macomber at her finest.
Kathy
I just can't get this one finished. Something about it just bores me to tears. And I've always liked Debbie Macomber's books. Don't know what it is about this one - but I'm putting it back on the shelf.
Mandy
Really cute fluffy read. I picked this up in the airport gift shop, wanting something to read. I didn't put the book down until the next afternoon. Loved the romance and the two short stories in one book.
Cheryl
I love Debbie Macoomber's books. This was no exception. Of course if you do not like romance then don't bother. This is part of a 3 book group based on the Manning Family. I have enjoyed them all.
Karen Addington
I liked this b ook but don't have a good feeling about reading two little books condensed into "a" book. I enjoy Debbie Macomber's writing and always feel relaxed after reading her stories.
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Keeping Christmas
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle + Driven to Distraction + Taken for a Ride
  • Heart of Gold (Loveswept, No 393; Rainbow Chasers, #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3855)
  • Lake Magic
  • Good Girls Don't

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)