Start by marking “The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men, #3-4)

The Manning Grooms (Those Manning Men #3-4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  2,604 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Jason Manning is content with his life as a bachelor, a slob and a sports fan. Then a precocious girl named Carrie Weston decides to play matchmaker, introducing him to her mother, Charlotte. To his relief, Charlotte is as averse to marriage as he is. But Jason's feelings start to change once he gets to know his Bride on the Loose.

James Wilkens was almost a Manning groom—b
Published December 1st 2008 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Manning Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Manning Grooms

♡Ann  Matalines♡

It is a retrieve to see Debbie Macomber in a different light. The knitting series talks about life while this one exceeds romance. Since this is my first book from the series, I grow closer to the manning family. I wish that I owned the complete series.
Dec 29, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it
Two books in one...
Bride on the Loose
Jason Manning is a confirmed bachelor until he meets Charlotte. They both fall quickly and then the trouble ensues...
Same Time, Next Year
Christy Manning broke James Wilkins heart five years ago, but he's moved on...Summer just got her heart broken and James knows just how to help her move on.

Classic Macomber. I loved all in the series that I have read (I missed the first two about the Manning sisters). Both stories are quick reads (I read the whole book in l
Kevin
May 08, 2016 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the the first book of the two-part set. Ms. Macomber really delved into the emotions and psychology behind a fledgling relationship. Also, it was eerily similar to a relationship I had so I could relate to her on point story. The second novella, "Same Time, Next Year" was, in my opinion, a typical, syrupy romance story but still enjoyable. Like I said before, men should read these books to "keep in touch with their feminine side." I would give "Bride On....." five stars and "Sam ...more
Dee
Sep 02, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Two older books in one volume. Here are my two-haiku reviews:

Bride on the Loose

She is single mom
Her marriage was terrible
Can she love again?

Nice character depth
Series, but could stand alone
End a bit sudden

Same Time Next Year

They meet in Vegas
She's been dumped by fiance
He writes her letters

Very sweet story
Almost fairytale romance
With loving couple
Angela Holland
Oct 23, 2011 Angela Holland rated it liked it
I thought this book was good but not great. Check out my blog for more of this review. http://griperangsbookmarks.blogspot.com
Julianna
Sep 26, 2014 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Contemporary Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
*newest review for this anthology

Bride on the Loose - Bride on the Loose is the third story in Debbie Macomber's Those Manning Men series, and I'd have to say it's probably my favorite in the series so far. Carefree bachelor, Jason Manning was the last of the Manning men still standing, but he's finally brought to his knees by a little thing called love, when a matchmaking teenager tries to fix him up with her mom in hopes that having a man in her life will make her mom
Kaitlin Church
Sep 26, 2016 Kaitlin Church rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of my favorites by Debbie McComber, but who am I kidding, all her books are my favorite. Ha! I came across "The Manning Brides" in a thrift shop & decided to biy it. I LOVED it. & it was with that book, I found this one, & immediately wanted to find it & as luck would have it, I found it. In another thrift shop! Lol. I loved both stories, but the second one has to be my favorite, Its really neat to see James' life & how it unfolds & get more background on h ...more
Pam
Feb 25, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Manning Grooms is by Debbie Macomber. It is a combination of two books. It looks at the lives of two Manning men and their new wives. It is a really good bargain.
Bride on the Loose is the story of Jason Manning and Charlotte Weston. Jason was the last remaining Manning sibling not married and Jason was perfectly comfortable with that. He had no intention of marrying because the women he dated had all tried to change him and his life. Then Carrie Weston came into his life. She came to his ve
Marianne
Jun 04, 2011 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Bride on the Loose: Jason Manning, middle Manning brother, confirmed bachelor, slob and sports fan. Charlotte Weston, prim and proper executive assistant and divorced mother of 9th grader, Carrie. What happens when Carrie offers to pay Jason to date her mom? While the sparks fly, so do Cupid’s arrows. Will Eric and Elizabeth manning finally get to organise the big fancy wedding they have so very much wanted to, but missed out on with two sons and two daughters?
Same Time, Next Year: James Wilken
Beverley
Oct 20, 2013 Beverley rated it it was ok
This is a book with two romances. Yet both are very predictable. In the first, we have Jason Manning a confirmed bachelor who falls in love, in a very short time, with the blonde down the hall. She is a divorced mother with a teenager. I'm not convinced that any teenager can be that sweet or that Jason didn't have a problem with having the teenager around. And what bride would make her mother-in-law do all the planning for her wedding? This seems like putting reality on hold big time.

The second
Charity Yoder
May 12, 2016 Charity Yoder rated it liked it
This, unlike many of Macomber's other books, didn't insanely piss me off. Instead, it tickled my happy spot. Surprisingly. Instead of two people getting married to get into each other's pants, they kind of genuinely wanted to be together.

Let me set a couple of things of thins straight though. Both of these stories happened incredibly fast. Like a few weeks fast. One kiss was enough to make everyone wish there could only be more. Leading to more. Leading to marriage.

I was about to kill the Mann
Toni
Feb 06, 2016 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Out of the three Manning books this has been my favorite.
Bride on the Loose is the story of Jason Manning and Charlotte Weston. Jason is content being a bachelor, a bit of a slob and a sports fan who lives in the building he owns. Charlotte is a divorcee who lives in the building with her teen daughter. She was emotionally damaged in her marriage, so it's the furthest thing from her mind. Her daughter, Carrie has other ideas for both of them.

Same Time Next Year is lawyer James Wilkens (Christy M
Jan Mcleod
Jan 24, 2013 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it
The first novel in this book is about the confirmed bachelor, Jason Manning. He becomes interested in Charlotte Weston, however, she has some serious emotional problems for an abusinve, egotistical first husband. Jason finds himself not wanting to let her go, though. His pushy, meddling mother really doesn't help matters between Jason and charlotte, but he decides he wants her and will do whatever necessary to establish a love relationshio with her. Characters are portrayed well, and story line ...more
Kim Hampton
Jul 11, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it it was amazing
Another two great books in one from Debbie Macomber, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. In the first, Jason, the youngest Manning brother (and my favorite because he's a veterinarian) vows never to get married and give up his life of being a slob and sports fan. He meets his match when a meddling teenager decides to set him up with her mom! I won't tell you what happens, but I REALLY loved this story!
In the second, James Wilkens (who almost married Manning sister Christy) meets
Christine
Jan 03, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
'The Manning Grooms' follows the love story between Jason Manning (the lone, unmarried Manning sibling) and James Wilkens (referred to as an honorary Manning, a close friend of the family).

Like its predecessors, the main story lines were predictable and the characters overwhelmingly wholesome (everyone gets married after kissing..and only kissing). A welcome surprise to the 3rd installment in the series was more interesting character development and somewhat fresher dialogue. Rich's story still
Jessica Danielle
Aug 15, 2010 Jessica Danielle rated it really liked it
This was the first Macomber book I've ever read. Honestly, I started it because my mom bought me a shit ton of books from a book sale. They then sat on my dresser for over a year, and I felt it was time to read one. This one, it seems, looked the least not interesting so I grabbed it. I started off thinking wow, could this chick be any more annoying? She's so needy. But I soon grew to love the characters. I was a bit sad when the first half of the book ended. However, when I finished the second ...more
Anna
Oct 31, 2011 Anna rated it it was ok
It was a very quick read. The Hero and heroine met, in a meet cute sort of way. She's very standoff sort of person, and you learn that she was in an abusive relationship previously. She has a precocious daughter, and is very protective. He owns the building she rents an apartment in. It is a light hearted, and sweet little read. It's perfect for someone who needs a light book to relax by as the fall rolls along.
Glenda L
Jul 03, 2012 Glenda L rated it really liked it
Two books by Debbie Macomber ... she has such a way with characters ... you think you know them. Bride on the Loose is about two people who are averse to marriage ... then they get to know each other and sparks fly. Same Time, Next Year is about two people who meet in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve. They have both been betrayed and decide to take a year to get over it ... when they meet again, they get married. Both are good relaxing, easy reads.
Adetia
May 19, 2013 Adetia rated it really liked it
As much as I enjoyed the story of Jason and Charlotte (and Carrie), I equally loathed the second half of this book featuring James and Summer. I'd give Book#3 a 5, and Book #4 a 2 at best. The story was so contrived, to call it absurd would be generous. It was a shame these two were paired for the first part was so classically Debbie Macomber, while the second half left me so put off, I'm not sure I want to continue with the series.
Andita
Sep 01, 2010 Andita rated it liked it
Karen
Mar 24, 2016 Karen added it
This was 2 stories in one book - I liked the first story - Charlotte and Jason. More realistic than the second story. Summer and James were just a little unbelievable, overcoming odds that in real life probably wouldn't have happened. But I guess that is what reading "stories" is really about. Just enjoyed the first story more.
Linda Watts
Apr 20, 2011 Linda Watts rated it really liked it
I found both stories interesting however I generally don't like books with multiple stories in one. I was a little confused at the beginning of the second story as to how these new people linked in with the original characters.

I have found Debbie Macomber's books to be a light, interesting read.
Karen Koons
Jan 18, 2010 Karen Koons rated it liked it
Two novels in one book. Both were quick reads; I finished one a day. Both novels were engaging. They were good in that they did not go through a long and painful miss-communication of he thinks, she thinks. Very good for relaxing and escaping reality. The Manning Brides by Debbie Macomber
Karen
Mar 06, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Jason, the proclaimed Manning bachelor, is up against his tenant's Charlotte and her daughter Carrie...
This one was laugh out loud funny as well as sad and dealt with many other issues. Good story!

James Wilkens meets Summer Lawton in Vegas on New Year's Eve... They meet the next year, same time, same place, to check in on each other after failed relationships...
Emily Higgins
Jul 16, 2014 Emily Higgins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The ebook I read contained only Bride on the Loose. Veterinarian Jason Manning was approached by his tenant's teen aged daughter with a proposal that he date her mother. Jason is scornful at first. However, after he meets Charlotte, he finds himself drawn deeper and deeper into the teen agers plot. Cute story.
Jenny
Feb 27, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I needed a light read at this time, so this modern romance book was just right. This book actually contained 2 stories, "Bride on the Loose" and "Same Time, Next Year." The rushed weddings for both stories definitely provided a new twist on things.
Lorilee
Oct 29, 2014 Lorilee rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read for the person who loves light romances. This author captures my attention immediately and then holds it throughout the entire book. Thank you Ms. Macomber for taking me away to a better place!
Cheryl
Feb 22, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I love Debbie Macoomber's books. This was no exception. Of course if you do not like romance then don't bother. This is part of a 3 book group based on the Manning Family. I have enjoyed them all.
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 22, 2014 Rachel Gilbey rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the Manning family trilogy. Al very easy reads, with a strong passionate romantic side.

Usually I have a nice heart warming feeling once I finish a Debbie Macomber, which was missing after these, but the stories have stuck with me for a bit, which is always nice.
Carol
Sep 09, 2010 Carol rated it liked it
Romance is not my favorite kind of reading especially with all the love scenes and the outcomes are predictable. The saving grace of this book with it's two stories is that the characters are very likeable and you want them to succeed.
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys #3)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Those Manning Men (4 books)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Those Manning Men, #1)
  • Stand-In Wife
  • Bride on the Loose (Kesempatan Kedua) (Those Manning Man, #3)
  • Same Time, Next Year

“I’m referring to feelings! Women aren’t afraid to face their feelings. Men are so terrified of emotion they hold it inside until they’re totally bent out of shape.” 1 likes
“Men have a hard time just dealing with a simple cold. If God had left procreation up to the male of the species, humanity would’ve died out with Adam.” 0 likes