Start by marking “Unravelled” as Want to Read:
Unravelled

Unravelled

When Beth Carruthers is invited to join a knitting circle, her first impulse is to hide under her bed. It?s true her social life has shriveled lately?but could she really be in danger of turning into her chickflick- watching drone of a roommate, or forming an unhealthy attachment with a pet, like her friend Mel? OK, fine. Yarn: bring it on.

Turns out learning to knit is fu
Published December 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published July 3rd 2007)

Tania
Aug 24, 2012 Tania rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
I liked this book. It was definitely was funny in parts. I especially appreciated the fast pace of the novel. It held my attention and I was able to read it quickly. The problem is that even by 'beach read' standards, it wasn't as challenging or as satisfying as it was capable of being. I can best liken it to eating Chinese food, or movie theatre popcorn. It's tasty, but ultimately you're left feeling hungry later because it ultimately isn't satisfying.

I predicted the 'big secret' fairly easily.
Annette
Jan 09, 2017 Annette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-drive-etc
Mira Sun
Jan 26, 2012 Mira Sun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2012, love
Harte Fakten:
Harding, Robyn: Verliebt, verlobt, verstrickt : Roman / Robyn Harding. – Dt. Erstausg., 1. Aufl. – Berlin : Ullstein, 2012. – 349 S.
ISBN 978-3-548-28260-2

Klappentext:
Beth ist untröstlich. Ihr Freund hat sie verlassen. Aus ist es mit Ehe und ihrem großen Traum vom Familienglück. Freundin Angie weiß Rat: Beth soll zur Ablenkung bei ihrem Strickclub mitmachen. Mit von der Strick-Partie: Martin, Sophie und Nicola. Beim Wolletauschen werden sie dicke Freunde. Bis Nicola heiratet. Das gro
Themistokeles
Inhalt: Da ihre Vorstellung von ihrem weiterem Leben nicht grade identisch war, hat Beth sich von ihrem Freund Colin getrennt. Jedoch ist sie mit dieser Entscheidung auch nicht wirklich zufrieden und kapselt sich vollkommen ab. Daraufhin wird sie von ihrer Freundin Angie zu einem Läster-Strick-Club eingeladen, um wieder mehr am Leben teilzuhaben.
Dort findet Beth auch schnell neue Freunde und auch das Leben wirkt auf sie wieder attraktiver. Zudem lernt sie auch noch jemanden kennen und das Leben
Aoife
Von Verliebt, Verlobt, Verstrickt bekommt man ziemlich genau das was man nach dem ersten Eindruck durch Cover, Titel und Klappentext erwartet: Einen leichten Liebesroman, nicht gerade tiefgründig aber eine nette Unterhaltung für regnerische Nachmittage. Die Handlung hebt sich angenehm von ähnlichen Romanen aus dem Genre ab, da sie zum einen nicht zu vorhersehbar ist (natürlich ist dem Leser klar, dass Beth nicht einsam, alleine und ohne Freund enden wird, aber die genauen Details sind keineswegs ...more
Meg
Jan 08, 2009 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Once I got past the first 50 pages or so, I really liked this book. The biggest problem I had with it was the stereotyping. The roomate, for example, was pretty much written off as a big loser because she watched romantic comedies, etc., at one point making a big deal about her wanting to watch Titanic. What's wrong with Titanic? It was huge at the box-office, people, men and women, went crazy over it, seeing it multiple times at the theatre, but now it's suddenly loserish to like it? What is up ...more
Andrea
Apr 08, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Unravelled by Robyn Harding centers around a young woman, Beth, who has recently broken up with her boyfriend of four years because he has commitment issues. Her zany friend decides to start up a stitch-n-bitch group, partially to get Beth out of the house, but mostly because it’s the trendy thing to do.

The story centers on Beth’s attempts to get over her ex and find a guy she can settle with. Her flaws tend to manifest themselves in how she reacts to the happiness of her friends, whether it’s h
Jennie
Jul 27, 2009 Jennie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
I bought this book on a clearance rack at Borders for around $2.00 after reading the back and thinking that it sounded like it was a quick but light read. My first impression rang true, this was a good book but it was light, fluffy and a quick read for me. Initially, I was annoyed with the gender stereotypes that abounded within the characters, from viewing life as a journey towards marriage for women and commitment phobic men. As I read and the characters evolved and their histories were reveal ...more
Rachel
Sheri
Mar 08, 2012 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a fun read! I enjoy light, easy reading, something to just allow me to escape reality for awhile. At points in this book I was laughing so hard I was crying. So if you want an easy, carefree read check this book out. Another point I want to make is that if anyone thinks this book isn't a reflection of what REAL life looks like, especially as a single woman, hasn't been single or experienced a lot of "unraveling" in their life or their friends lives. I related on many leve ...more
Jeanne
Sep 11, 2011 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, knitting
After breaking up with her commitment-phobic boyfriend, Beth Carruthers feels her life unravelling, and she does not know what to do. When a friend suggests that Beth join a knitting circle, she initially rebels against the idea. After a night with the new gang, she quickly changes her mind.

As she knits and make friends, Beth also starts a new dating adventure. Everything seems to be going well, and then Beth's life starts to unravel again.

This is not great literature, nor is it meant to be. He
Denise
Dec 09, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in the first part of December and when I got on Goodreads today and saw that it was in my "currently reading" I had to go back on my list to seeif I finished it. I then had to look at some of the reviews to even remember the story line. I still couldn't remember the story ending but since I own the book I went to look at the ending. I finally remembered the book. I guess that is either an indication that I'm getting senile or the book wasn't very memorable. Or maybe a little of ...more
Robyn
Apr 21, 2011 Robyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is about freelance writer Beth Caruthers who dumps her boyfriend as he can't commit. Needing to get out of the house to avoid her odd roommate, Beth joins a knitting circle, a hobby she rapidly enjoys. Beth appreciates the company of her new knitting friends and even begins dating again. However, her new boyfriend's secrets end up terminating their relationship and stops her from going to her newly formed knitting circle over something she had no idea of to begin with.

I definitely enjoy
Haley
Mar 14, 2011 Haley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was just awful to read. It's not a reflection on the author. I'm going through a divorce and reading a book where the women's lives are completely wrapped up in whether or not a man wants them was infuriating. It felt like the author was trying to make these women as unlikable as possible! They're constantly "shrieking" at each other and to men. And our leading lady goes through all that emotional turmoil just to end up in the same relationship she was? What the hell?
Lucy
Dec 27, 2014 Lucy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So terrible! The main character was one dimensional and completely blind to what was going on in her life. There were several loose plot lines that were never addressed or resolved - the potentially gay knit club member, the weird roommate situation, the old boyfriend. I'm not sure why I finished it, but I kept wanting to see what terrible situation the main character would get herself into next.
Sep 18, 2010 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love it, being in a knitting club myself, but I just didn't. I didn't have anything against the main character, but I didn't love her, either. She was just kinda blah. And the fact that they always referred to it as stitch-n-bitch club really irked me. I know that's silly thing to focus on, but it made it seem less genuine.
Margaret Pinard
Nov 26, 2015 Margaret Pinard rated it liked it
This was a gushy chick-lit read. The first-person allowed for a lot of informal ditziness to shine through, but also a lot of humor and relatable misery. It felt like a sitcom sort of story arc. Could have been a lot more substantive, but then, all novels don't have to make you work. Still, an enjoyable romantic comedy read.
Lisa
Apr 23, 2009 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy and quick read. Writing was ok-nothing of great note and the story was shallow and wrapped up too neatly at the end. Not sure I would read anything else of hers-other than to take to the beach. It was a good, mindless chick lit book, which was a good fit/useful "mind candy" to read during a difficult time in my life.
Jenna
Nov 09, 2014 Jenna rated it it was ok
I’d say this book is a marriage of semi-decent chick-lit and knitting, which is my main hobby right now, but the knitting was simultaneously a main element of the book and somehow still of no real consequence to the story at all. Which is fine, I suppose, but it leaves the book as being semi-decent chicklit at best. Aka, meh.
Lauren
May 07, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I had actually read this before but couldn't remember it until I got into a few chapters. I continued reading it because I couldn't remember how it ended so it was almost like a new book. It wasn't that it was a bad book, only that it was easily forgettable. The ending was unfulfilling and disjointed. Not my favorite, but had some promise.
Georgia
Mar 14, 2014 Georgia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a sense of humor that was snarky and quick. It did make me laugh and I enjoyed the story line. It is about a knitting group - unlikely group of new knitters who come together for frendship and gossip.
Cupcakencorset
Dec 27, 2010 Cupcakencorset rated it liked it
Not great literature, but it’s a fun (if unlikely and occasionally predictable) book. Don’t look for the meaning of life here, but there are laughs and some drama and lots of angst and even some knitting.
suzi
Mar 24, 2015 suzi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got interested to this because of the premise: a knitting club. I liked it. I liked the concept of their bitch and stitch club. I would have love it more if some of the characters have more story though.
Sarca
Mar 23, 2014 Sarca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I am always curious to find fiction with knitting as a theme. Alas, I hated this one. I guess I'm way too jaded for the fluffiness of this book, but I could barely get past the first line without wanting to take a Gravol...
Fanny
Not as interesting as I thought. The characters are very flat and often overdone.
I did not think the story would develop the way it did so that's nice.
Not sure I want to read something else by this author.
Shannon
Jul 23, 2009 Shannon rated it it was ok
This book won't change your life but it may keep you occupied on a summer day. The writing style is a bit cheesy and there are a lot of cliche stereotypes. Beyond that, it was kind of what you would expect.
Jennifer Whiteford
This was pretty good and I'd add half a star to the review if I could. I found the end realistic and pleasing and the major plot twist unpredictable. I was worried initially it would have too much knitting content, but that was peripheral in a good way.
Mai
Apr 10, 2014 Mai rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
started off ok. felt like it could have done with some editing as the were some buts throughout the book that said "formatting", don't know if this was intentionally done or not. skimmed the last half of the book.
Judy
Dec 04, 2009 Judy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a fast read and I liked how easy it was to read, but it wasn't great. I think it was perfect for the mood I was in.
Karen
Jul 30, 2009 Karen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cotton candy drivel. I think I'm a little dumber after reading this book. And yet I couldn't put it down until I found out what the big secret was.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Free Book Cha...: UNRAVELLED - Free March 13 and 14 on Amazon!!! 1 17 Mar 12, 2014 02:07PM
  • Knitting Under the Influence
  • Knit in Comfort
  • Knitting
  • A Stitch Before Dying (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #3)
  • The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society (Sweetgum Knit #1)
  • Wishes and Stitches (Cypress Hollow Yarn #3)
  • Yarn: Remembering the Way Home
  • (It's a Purl Thing) (Chicks with Sticks, #1)
  • KnitLit: Sweaters and Their Stories...and Other Writing About Knitting
  • Casting Off
  • Knit Fast, Die Young (Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons
  • Spinning Forward
  • A Knitter's Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
  • Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Color, Eclectic- The Second Essential Collection of Decorative Borders
  • Sweater Quest: My Year of Knitting Dangerously
  • Ms. Taken Identity
  • All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin
Robyn Harding is the author of several books and has written and executive produced an independent film. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her husband and two children.

To learn more about Robyn's books visit: http://www.robynharding.com.

More about Robyn Harding...