Start by marking “Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Bad Habits!, Or, the T...

Babette Cole

Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum

Lucretia Crum is a little monster with big, bad and very nasty habits. She wants a birthday party but all the really big monsters turn up and they're really, really bad.
Unknown Binding, 32 pages
Published October 29th 1998 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum

Jamie
Oct 04, 2015 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Aymin Sultan
'Bad Habits' is about a young girl, Lucretzia, who has many bad habits and terrorises her parents and teachers with her persistent bad behaviour. Although after being tricked by her parents, she realises what could be the consequences of her bad habits which encourages her to change into 'a civilised little angel'. It would be ideal for teaching children about social etiquette and evoke discussions on what bad habits are, and why.

The word and imagery of monsters is repeated throughout the book,
Ronyell
Jan 15, 2010 Ronyell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Usually, I have not read many books by Babette Cole ever since I was a child, so “Bad Habits” is the first book by Babette Cole that I have ever read. After I read this book, I actually began thinking, “hey, this book is not so bad after all.” But, yeah, there were some points of the book that I was a bit concerned about. Anyway, I will explain the cons of this book later on in this review right after I give a brief summary about “Bad Habits.”

Babette Cole masterfully tells the story of an unciv
Amy
May 12, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Lucretzia Crum burps, farts, picks her nose and acts like a little monster until her parents play a trick on her to show her what she'll be like when she grows up if she doesn't change her ways. Good for teaching manners and discussing social skills.
Anna
Basically just a girl being awful and then some dinosaurs randomly stomp in from nowhere and that apparently fixes everything. Skip it.
Dolly
Apr 30, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a humorous story about a rude and ill-tempered little girl named Lucretzia Crum. I laughed when I saw her name and simply explained to our girls that there was a notoriously famous woman in the late 1400s/early 1500s who had a similar name, "Lucrezia." Later on, we were reading Patrick Ryan's book Shakespeare's Storybook: Folk Tales That Inspired the Bard. In it, the story of Lucretia was referenced, stating that Shakespeare mentioned her in several of his works, including As You Like It ...more
Michelle McBeth
This book begins with an inventory of Lucretzia Crum's bad habits including being filthy, burping and bending over to fart. She throws tantrums, eats only candy and hurts other people. When other parents complain, her dad's solution is to create inventions that torture the girl by making her smell her own gas, wrapping her in metal tubing, making her unable to move her arms, and putting her in a cage outside the classroom window. Oh, but the horrible parenting doesn't end there. At Lucretzia's b ...more
Amanda
Oct 30, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eed375
LIFE Stories
1. No award
2. 3- 5 yrs. old
3. Lucretzia Crum was a little monster that was very mean and rude to her peers, family and adults by talking back, farting, taking things and many more. She influenced her peers to become just like her until the day of her birthday where everything turned around. Uninvited little monsters came to the party ruining everything and something inside of Lucretzia Crum made her change her self-attitude.
4. I enjoyed reading this book because readers can learn abo
The Brothers
Lucretzia Crum is a monster of a little girl. She's rude and mean and constantly misbehaves. Her parents try a variety of methods to get her to be good, but none of them work. None work, that is, until they get creative with her birthday party and demonstrate what happens to monstrous little girls when they grow up.

Fun and humorous illustrations.
Emkoshka
A ratbag kid gets a taste of her own medicine when her parents set out to teach her that little monsters can grow up to be big monsters. A good morality tale, but the humour was definitely aimed at kids (fart jokes abound).
Tanya
Nice resolution, and it might work with 3-4 year olds, but probably not those with older siblings or those already in school. My kids can't imagine this would actually work with taming some of their friends' bad manners.
Nicole
Mar 13, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wonder if this would cure my children of their bad habits..
Amanda
Pretty funny book about being little monsters. If you want to stay away from potty language though (like farting, etc), this isn't a good choice.
Emma
I didn't really like this book so we're not persisting with it.
Matthew V
Matthew V rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
MH
MH rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Serena
Serena rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2011
Abdur-Raheem Modan
Abdur-Raheem Modan rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2009
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it liked it
May 03, 2011
Ellee
Ellee rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2010
Reyna
Reyna rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2009
Yulivee
Yulivee rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Kikiliu
Kikiliu rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Sarah Gregory
Sarah Gregory rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Ellinor
Ellinor rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Kaylen Runner
Kaylen Runner rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2017
Patricia Murphy
Patricia Murphy rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Cana
Cana rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
English children's writer and illustrator
More about Babette Cole...

“The worst thing was that her school-friends began to copy her. They thought it was dead cool to be a little monster like Lucretia Crum!” 2 likes