Start by marking “Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Bad Habits!, Or, the T...

Babette Cole

Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Lucretia Crum is a little monster with big, bad and very nasty habits. She wants a birthday party but all the really big monsters turn up and they're really, really bad.
Unknown Binding, 32 pages
Published October 29th 1998 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Habits!, Or, the Taming of Lucretzia Crum

Ronyell
Usually, I have not read many books by Babette Cole ever since I was a child, so “Bad Habits” is the first book by Babette Cole that I have ever read. After I read this book, I actually began thinking, “hey, this book is not so bad after all.” But, yeah, there were some points of the book that I was a bit concerned about. Anyway, I will explain the cons of this book later on in this review right after I give a brief summary about “Bad Habits.”

Babette Cole masterfully tells the story of an unciv
Michelle McBeth
This book begins with an inventory of Lucretzia Crum's bad habits including being filthy, burping and bending over to fart. She throws tantrums, eats only candy and hurts other people. When other parents complain, her dad's solution is to create inventions that torture the girl by making her smell her own gas, wrapping her in metal tubing, making her unable to move her arms, and putting her in a cage outside the classroom window. Oh, but the horrible parenting doesn't end there. At Lucretzia's b ...more
Amy
Lucretzia Crum burps, farts, picks her nose and acts like a little monster until her parents play a trick on her to show her what she'll be like when she grows up if she doesn't change her ways. Good for teaching manners and discussing social skills.
Dolly
Apr 30, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a humorous story about a rude and ill-tempered little girl named Lucretzia Crum. I laughed when I saw her name and simply explained to our girls that there was a notoriously famous woman in the late 1400s/early 1500s who had a similar name, "Lucrezia." Later on, we were reading Patrick Ryan's book Shakespeare's Storybook: Folk Tales That Inspired the Bard. In it, the story of Lucretia was referenced, stating that Shakespeare mentioned her in several of his works, including As You Like It ...more
Tanya
Nice resolution, and it might work with 3-4 year olds, but probably not those with older siblings or those already in school. My kids can't imagine this would actually work with taming some of their friends' bad manners.
Emkoshka
A ratbag kid gets a taste of her own medicine when her parents set out to teach her that little monsters can grow up to be big monsters. A good morality tale, but the humour was definitely aimed at kids (fart jokes abound).
Amanda
Pretty funny book about being little monsters. If you want to stay away from potty language though (like farting, etc), this isn't a good choice.
Emma
I didn't really like this book so we're not persisting with it.
Nicole
I wonder if this would cure my children of their bad habits..
Mips
Nederlandse titel "Wilde Lucretia"
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Zoe
Zoe added it
Aug 29, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Helyn
Helyn marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
许馨茹
许馨茹 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Princess Smartypants Prince Cinders Mommy Laid An Egg: Or, Where Do Babies Come From? Dr Dog The Trouble with Mom

“The worst thing was that her school-friends began to copy her. They thought it was dead cool to be a little monster like Lucretia Crum!” 2 likes