Start by marking “100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1 ” as Want to Read:
100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1

100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1 (100% Perfect Girl #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,441 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
by Wann
"A giddy romantic fable, this story depicts Jay Jinn, a headstrong teenage rebel who's determined to prove she's serious about making art. J. Max is a tall debonair foreigner in Korea on business. On the surface it seems they have nothing in common. But then there are the interventions of friends and family who think they know what's best for them!
"
Published March 1st 2007 by NETCOMICS

To ask other readers questions about 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1

Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
63rd out of 284 books — 548 voters
Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
239th out of 658 books — 1,494 voters

More lists with this book...

Elena Llasos
This is about a European king who fell inlove at first sight with this Korean girl. At first, individually they were not looking for love. They were set on achieving their goals—Jay, becoming a well-known artist(even though her mom was totally against it) while J. Max gee. well, just being Jarte, the king of Roine. But fate really played its part in both of their lives. From the start, you’ll think it’s like a Cinderella story but in this manhwa you’ll be seeing a lot twist and turns, a lot of d ...more
Starbubbles
Nov 17, 2013 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manhwa
This is and was a great read, but they have such a desperate kind of love. That kind of love can be so incredibly sad.
anenko
Feb 10, 2008 anenko rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, manhwa
Nicole
Feb 07, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: manhwa, romance
This is one of those series I'm slightly embarrassed to confess I enjoy. It's a pretty over-the-top romance, but I was looking for a new series to get into and was particularly drawn to this one due to Wann's art and the fact that this is a manhwa series. 100% Perfect Girl is essentially a 'cinderella story.' Jay Jim is a normal teenage girl from a working class family, struggling to find a way to make her dreams of becoming a professional artist (painter) come true. One day she (literally) cras ...more
Rossy
Dec 14, 2011 Rossy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manhwa fans
Drama and angst filled indeed. Extremely fictional, especially when she doesn't immediately agree to fly to his country and just marry him. Really, if a rich and good looking prince asked me, i would not even think twice about it! The fact that he's so earnest on his feelings and treats her like a princess, makes me want to smack her and get some sense into her head!
Lnlisa
Feb 07, 2009 Lnlisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-style
I began this hoping for another version of Goong, and this is another Cinderella story, but it is quite different. 100% Perfect Girl is interesting because it is the prince who is in love (actually obsessed) and Cinderella who is not quite so happy to be there. I like the prince character much better than his Cinderella. The prince's love is an obsession that controls him as much as guides him. Still he tries to be considerate of Jay Jin. Jay Jin is too willy-nilly for me to really embrace--the ...more
Riz
Nov 28, 2015 Riz rated it liked it
3 Stars

Awal yang lumayan...
Buttons
I'm sorry I did not translate this, but I wrote the review on a German site. And I do not feel like translating it, I will do than sometime else and will only give you a few sentences:

It is not some tacky love story where nothing really happens and everything is about angst. This is a story about obsession, madness, violence, kidnapping, betrayal, rape, murder, suppression (or oppression, have to look up the difference) and finding one's self. It follows Jay's and Jarte's development over the th
Rossana
Jul 12, 2015 Rossana rated it it was amazing
WARNING: This story is very romantic and sweet. If you don't like drama, don't even start reading!!!! But if you do, prepare yourself for addiction.

I'm loving each page of this romance. I love Jarte and I love Jay's personality.
CJ -Doctor can you help me, 'cause somethin' don't feel right
Don't think I'm going to finish this series. There's something about a semi-rape and knowing that there's amnesia and a love triangle coming up that puts me off.

I really wanted to like this.
Kadie D♥
Apr 05, 2011 Kadie D♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorite-manga
She's a pretty beauty and he is a handsome prince!
Love this manga! Thanks for the recommendation Jessie!
Joanne L
Nov 01, 2014 Joanne L rated it really liked it
One thing that attracted me to this manhwa was its art, its beautiful. Honestly, the first volume had put me off due to the *rape* but as i read and more of it, I couldn't put it down until I finished the whole series.
There were a lot of drama present, blood spilled and ties broken. Sometimes it seems like it would end up as a sad loving story.
Anyway, Im glad I read this book, its amazing, despite some things.
I recommend this to anyone who enjoys something with an obsessive protagonist, major
Kirsty
Apr 04, 2016 Kirsty rated it really liked it
This manhwa broke my heart in many ways. Although it uses some pretty overused cliches (the amnesia trope anyone?) it still manages to incite some pretty extreme emotions in you while reading. By the end of the story, I had decided I pretty much hated the male protagonist (he turned out to be pretty psychopathic, in my opinion) so the ending didn't quite give me the satisfaction it probably gave other readers. However, the story definitely keeps you on your toes and the artwork is gorgeous.
Lei
Dec 13, 2014 Lei rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Final rating for the whole series: 2.5 stars

This is my first ever manhwa and good lord, this reads like your typical overdramatic cliche Korean drama. The main couple just can't get a damn break. I do like it and I must say the flow of the story was executed quite well. I love the ending.

(Coming from a manga reader, there's a little bit of adjustment reading from right to left. My eyes always tend to go and read the words on the left side first.)
GlassyPizzaFingers
Jul 27, 2014 GlassyPizzaFingers rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. One of my all time favorite stories. It might get gruesome and confusing at times, but all this contributes to the awesomeness of this manga.
Spoiler!
Jay will never be the same again. Never!
Royal_kiss
Jun 08, 2014 Royal_kiss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manhwa
I've just re-read perfect girl for 4th or 5th time(maybe even more) and I am still in love with the beautiful art and enjoyable story.

Both main characters are so lovable ~ just like a perfect couple. The possessive love made me want to wish I had the same perfect relationship.

With its unexpected twists, cliffhangers and misunderstandings between the characters - this read is highly recommended and would definitely not bore the readers.

I do not believe in love at first sight, but this manhwa m
Ella
Jan 22, 2016 Ella rated it it was amazing
Poor Jay. When something happens to her, I feel like as if I were in her place and feeling it too. The emotions and all.
Jessica
Jun 25, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
This was one crazy emo ride. Girl meets prince...girl marries prince....girl ends up kidnapped, drugged, attempted murder, raped, memory loss, etc... the cycle of girl and prince are fine, and girl and prince are arguing, fighting, making out, crying...repeats over and over. Will girl and prince ever live happily ever after?! I dunno, what started out as a 10 book promise...became something much more...that I will never finish. I'm exhausted. Plus, I wish I had that talent where ever where I go ...more
Jocelyn
It's funny.
Nicole Bunge
Sep 20, 2011 Nicole Bunge rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-general
Picked it up at half-price... mainly because the title references at Haruki Murakami short story.

It's a silly Cinderella Story. With a... near rape at the end. (sorry to spoil it, but it was rather disconserting. Anyone who forces themself on me and then shows up the next day to propose marriage... has some issues. I don't care if he runs a country. )

Doubt I'll read more.
Kate
Aug 04, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok
My first foray into manhwa (Korean graphic novels) with 100% Perfect Girl was inauspicious. The premise is kind of a Cinderella story, but after reading reviews of later volumes, it's not a Cinderella story I would enjoy. The dashing "prince" is manipulative, the relationship destructive. I just can't get behind those kinds of love stories (eg my concerns with Twilight series).
Helena
Apr 28, 2012 Helena rated it really liked it
This is my second time reading a manga by Wann. The characters drawn seem to have similar features/styles, yet their personalities amazes me. I really love how the plot is set to be romance-based and revolves around the royalty class & lower class. Really anticipating the ending!
Katrina
Jul 27, 2010 Katrina rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved "Can't Lose You", and this is the same author so I grabbed it up. Really, really liked it. I haven't finished the series yet, and I am surprised by how long it is...

Stacey, this is a lot racier than Can't Lose You.
Lauren
Apr 27, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm slightly disappointed by this manga. I guess that goes to show you not to go in reading something with certain expectations. I loved the drawings and the style but the storyline just got to me, and not in a good way.
Annchan Maulana
Oct 02, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
this manga is like a modern day Cinderella story.
Jay is a rebelion girl who loves art. She's not the weak character one might think she is, which was surprisingly refreshing.

romance and funny is served ...
Kat
Jun 14, 2013 Kat rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
DO YOU LIKE OBSESSIVE RELATIONSHIPS THAT BORDER DEATH AND CONSTANT EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE? If yes, then read on. If not, then maybe you should stop here.
Rossana Peña Rivera
Perfectos niveles de acción y pasión. Esto fue una fuerza de la naturaleza. El primer manwahua que leo y me fascino los dibujos.
Tynan
Nov 23, 2015 Tynan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
This series is amazing!! Stayed up all night reading it. I'm not a big one on love stories, but this one is 100% perfect.
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol.1 (Goong #1)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 4
  • He's Dedicated to Roses, Vol. 1
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 1
  • Mars, Volume 12
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Kare First Love, Vol. 1 (Kare First Love, #1)
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 1
204149
Debuted with Stupid in 1997
Main works: Honey, The return of the Princess Louina, Fining A Hidden Handsome Man, Miracle, I Wanna Be Happy, Anne the Lover
More about Wann...

100% Perfect Girl (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 2
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 8
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 9
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 10
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 11

“The moment I see her, there’s a rumbling in my chest, and my mouth is as dry as a desert.

This was something sure to be crammed full of warmth secrets, like an antique clock built when peace filled the world.”
6 likes