Start by marking “Misconceptions” as Want to Read:

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Since they were twelve years old, friends Mim and Ruth have faced the world together. Over twenty years they have navigated their way through the death of Ruth's mother, first loves, break-ups, and a wedding to find themselves happily sharing a house, along with Ruth's husband, Simon.

But when Ruth becomes pregnant - something she and Simon ave long desired - things begin
Published 2008 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Misconceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misconceptions

Deborah Allin
This book was a really well written exploration of the complexities of a female friendship evolving over time within the context of one of the friends (Ruth) falling pregnant which raises all kinds of complex emotional issues for the other (Mim) who has personal demons to face.

Other reviewers have said its "too dramatic" or "overwrought". I don't agree the entire premise of the novel is that friendships have all kinds of subtexts and complexities and I feel it works on a number of levels. I foun
Jun 27, 2008 K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008, sydney
An emotional read set in my favourite Sydney area. I thought it overly depressing and melodramatic at times, but I still liked it a lot, especially the descriptions of the places so familiar to me.
Enjoyed the Sydney and Broken Hill settings. Characters seemed to get a bit overwrought but nevertheless the story was very readable.
One and a half star. Easy to read but not terribly gripping.
Daniella marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Geraldine marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Debbie added it
Oct 06, 2013
Claire added it
Apr 17, 2013
Elizabeth Ban
Elizabeth Ban marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Liisa marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Dudsmc added it
Jun 26, 2012
Lauren added it
Oct 18, 2011
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2009