Start by marking “اگر فردا بیاید” as Want to Read:
اگر فردا بیاید

اگر فردا بیاید (Tracy Whitney #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  47,879 Ratings  ·  1,569 Reviews
Lovely, idealistic Tracy Whitney is framed into a fifteen year sentence in an escape-proof penitentiary. With dazzling ingenuity she fights back to destroy the untouchable crime lords who put her there. With her intelligence and beauty as her only weapons, Tracy embarks on a series of extraordinary escapades that sweep her across the globe. In an explosive confrontation Tr ...more
Published 1986 by پیکان (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about اگر فردا بیاید, please sign up.

Gautami Narkar It's brilliant! It's the book that got me hooked on to reading at 14. Enough said. :)
Sai The most intriguing author i have ever come across.A must read i would say.the plot is amazing.

Srikari Downey Jr.
Jan 14, 2015 Srikari Downey Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a good con!
Recommended to Srikari by: Bhavana Kashyap

I didn't think I should write a review owing to the fact that more than 1000s of reviews were written as to how awesome this book is but I had to point out and pour my heart out about so many things that I couldn't resist myself.

In the present day context, where women are being treated better than in the past, we come across books with female protagonists being entirely SPINELESS, super weak and helpless.

But this book, written around 1985, was able to really highlight the fact that women are not
Mahsa
Jun 19, 2017 Mahsa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
اعتراف اولم اینکه تا همین چندروز پیش سمت سیدنی شلدون نرفته بودم. اعتراف دومم اینکه فکر میکردم باید حداقل برای آشنایی باهاش یه کتاب ازش بخونم تا بفهمم با شنیدن اسمش باید چه حسی داشته باشم و این کتاب رو انتخاب کردم. و اعتراف آخر اینکه حالا که خوندمش، فکر میکنم اگه هیچوقت نمیخوندم هم هیچ اتفاق خاصی نمی افتاد و چیزی رو از دست نمیدادم.

طی اکثر صفحات و با خوندن خیلی از جملات، مدام سوال "شوخی میکنی؟" رو از نویسنده میپرسیدم؛ گاهی سر تکون میدادم از سطحی بودن و غیر واقعی بودن خیلی از روایات، گاهی خنده م می
Sai Satish Kandukuri
Sep 18, 2008 Sai Satish Kandukuri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
A true masterpiece from the master story teller Sidney Sheldon. I bet many book lovers would have this one in their favorite list. and its the most famous book by Sheldon. Also this one occupies the top 1 , listed terms of reader base. This is my third read of Sidney , first being Doomsday Conspiracy and the second Tell me your dreams. Undoubtedly If tomorrow comes is my new favorite of Sheldon. I have aplenty reasons to like this book and an iota amount of dislike though. This wasn’t at all bor ...more
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I've seen the miniseries If Tomorrow Comes several times and I have read this book many years ago. But I wanted to read this book again since I've planned to read the sequel by Tilly Bagshawe. It's just been a couple of months since I saw the miniseries last, so my memory is quite fresh when it comes to the story. I must confess that I do prefer the miniseries, but I still love this book and they have made a very good job with the miniseries because most of the story is there from the book. Of c ...more
Pang
Another my fave of Sidney Sheldon with impressive 4.8 Stars.

So Tricky.. this is what thief-ish book should be! I love reading the book with thief characters, but I have never read the book that have A LOT of clever robbering plans. The robberies are complicated and very-well planned. I really admire Sheldon of how he can think and create them.

Tracy and Jeff are such intelligent, smart, and sly characters and I love them! I also really enjoy the romance between these two. Tracy and Jeff are lik
Sapna
Jul 08, 2008 Sapna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For what it is, it's brilliant. I read this book AGES ago, sometime in my teens. It was the first, and the best, of any Sidney Sheldon books I ever read. And though it is not a literary masterpiece, it is great. Revenge, heists, drama, romance, thrills...I still think it would be a box office hit if it was ever made into a Hollywood movie!
If you want a light, entertaining, read that will keep you on the edge of your seat and take you back to the 80's, this is your book. Perfect vacation reading!
Anny
Oct 09, 2016 Anny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating and fast-paced.

I wish they make a new movie with Jennifer Lawrence playing Tracy.
~IreneOust~
Oct 04, 2013 ~IreneOust~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Truly an oldie but a goodie! I read this years ago for the very first time & just reread it a few weeks ago. I remember being obsessed with the series that followed ...

Madolyn Smith (as Tracy) and Tom Berenger (as Jeff) in the 80s ... OMG!!! I feel OLD!!!

photo 1986_if_tomorrow_comes_sidney_sheldon_zps7642f1d0.jpg

I still own the series on VHS (!!!) from all those years ago and recently purchased it on DVD as well.

Awesome characters! Great story! Both [the book and the series] are a must for any Sidney Sheldon fan!

prag ⚓
Nov 25, 2016 prag ⚓ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to prag ⚓ by: one of my favorite teachers. Yes, I talk to teachers about books.
There are people I know irl who swear by this. For whom this is the best book they've ever read. I'm just really sorry they haven't ever experienced a Leigh Bardugo level book
suffiyan saleem
Apr 14, 2009 suffiyan saleem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved the book!!i reallly cant believe it was written in the 80s!!!!
Salymar
Jul 21, 2012 Salymar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"She was going to make them pay… Tomorrow, she thought. If tomorrow comes."

If Tomorrow Comes is a crime fiction novel by the Master of the Unexpected, Sidney Sheldon. It is a story about an ordinary woman who is ruthlessly framed by a mafia, her quest for vengeance towards them and then her struggles for a better life as a con artist.

This novel is definitely a thrilling and enjoyable read. Your mind will be blown away exactly how Tracy Whitney's life is drastically revolutionized in the course o
Gypsy
Nov 29, 2015 Gypsy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

من واقعاً بازم بعد شیشسال، دوسش دارم. وختی خوندمش که خیلی کوچیکتر از الآن بودم. کارهای اینجوری رو نمیپسندیدم و همچنانم نمیپسندم. ولی سیدنی شلدون سبک خودشو داره. نه سعی میکنه فاجر بنویسه، نه تکنیکی و نه عامّهپسند. از زندگی مینویسه. آدما. دوستیها. خیانتها. پول. لذّت. قدرت. شهوت. طرز نگاهش بهدنیا واقعاً جالب توجّه ـه. بهخصوص تو اینکتاب. اگر فردا بیاید.. ایناسم چقد با آدم بازی میکنه در تمام صحنههای داستان.. امّا خب، من مثل قدیما دیگه شیفتگی ندارم. خصوصاً که حرکات ژانگولری و غیرمنطقی هم توش کم نبود.
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
OMG!!!

I remember reading this book years ago!!!! Oh wow this brings back memory.

This book right here is what opened me up to the thrilling rush of angst, crime and deception!! No joke!! I use to rarely read to begin with. When i saw this book laying around, literally covered in dusk, i took it up, read the first page n didnt pick it back up for months!! I don't remember why I was pulled to it then but i was!

Tracy was it? She was a strong willed woman!! OMG I love how she went thru SO MUCH and d
Anh
Dec 26, 2011 Anh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hated, fiction
Well, Sidney Sheldon's style is not exactly my favorite but I thought it was passable, since it was the first Sheldon novel I read. At 16, I was new to this type of novels. 3 years later I read another book by Sheldon and didn't like it. I realized everything was so smooth, so predictable: the woman and the man were beautiful and successful and nothing went wrong for them. Happy ending for the criminals.

In short, there's nothing noticeable, the plots were so boring that the next thing you know i
Kathryn
Feb 09, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
*possible spoilers here* MUCH more likable characters in this book than in "Master of the Game". Tracy - a pretty, innocent young thing - tries to recover stolen property on the behalf of her mother (who killed herself in shame at letting herself be swindled out of her life savings). Before the first two chapters are over, Tracy's been framed, tricked into pleading guilty and then sentenced to fifteen years by a corrupt judge. Her rich fiancee dumps her to avoid associating with a felon (despite ...more
Manugw
Jun 11, 2011 Manugw rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
UTTER NONSENSE
Sheldon tried to create a plot consisting of a string of unrelated scams pulled by his heroine Tracy White, succeeding in all of them, certainly, this is very difficult to believe by a serious reader. The main character and heroine, Tracy White working for a man named Gunther, becomes a modern Robin Hood ripping off cardboard characters of unsavory reputations with no logical reason at all, just for the sake of doing. The so called story goes superbly fast and the scores of situati
Vu Bao Nam
Jan 08, 2008 Vu Bao Nam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trong một xã hội phức tạp, có biết bao cạm bẫy luôn rình rập mỗi người và đẩy người ta vào con đường tội lỗi. Nhưng nếu trong sâu thẳm tâm hồn đó vẫn khao khát một cuộc sống trong sạch, bình dị, hạnh phúc cùng với sự quyết tâm vượt qua tội lỗi thì một ngày, ánh sáng cuộc đời sẽ chiếu sáng con đường họ đi.
Cuốn tiểu thuyết cuốn hút đến mức khi đã cầm trên tay thì sẽ muốn đọc một mạch tới trang cuối cùng. Bởi các tình tiết ngày càng hấp dẫn, kích thích sự tò mò của người đọc qua sự thông minh, liều
Golnaz
Jul 03, 2016 Golnaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
از كتاب هاى شديدا مورد علاقه ام در دوران نوجوانى
Councillor
I found this book on my mother's book shelf and, already knowing the film, was very interested in also reading the book itself. It fascinated me much more than the films were able to, even despite the actors' stunning performances. The characters were well-developed, the plot was convincing, and the way the protagonist was turned into a criminal had her still left so likeable.

I know this book already has hundreds of reviews about how wonderful it is, but I can nothing but support those opinions.
Bai
May 07, 2012 Bai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an enjoyable read, if Tomorrow Comes tells us the story of Tracey Whitney; how her life changed drastically in the course of 24 hours, and how she went from a simple young girl to a diabolical con artist.

Spanning over America and Europe, Tracey's life is a memoir worth reading, of love, lust, despair and finally an unshakable will. And it is this strength of character, and her unflinching attitude in the face of life's 'lemons' that endears her to the readers.

If not one of Sheldon's b
Julia
You forgot some books, you hardly remember other, but some stay with you throughout your life! This is such a book for me. I raced all bookshops in order to find a hardcover and it was not so easy in my country but I managed it and now it's one of my most precious things.
Quite a good book with a catchy plot and mind blowing action.
I read it like ages ago and re-read several times, why haven't I rated it earlier? I wish I knew) lol
Eric
Feb 10, 2017 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is one of Sidney Sheldon's most exciting works; the story of the lovely female protagonist (as usual!), Tracy Whitney who bounces back against all conceivable odds to become a very successful...thief. Specialist in stealing expensive jewelry, largely. Her life is exciting earlier on, even though she only has an average job, and is about to get married to a respectable, comfortable man. But then disaster ensues as her mother is forced to commit suicide, and Tracy herself is ruthlessly framed
Valentine
This is the story of Tracy. She is fantastically attractive, works at a bank, is engaged to a very rich man and is fantastically attractive. Have I mentioned that she is fantastically attractive ? Because she is, as the narrator likes to remind us every time Tracy does anything.
That being said, If Tomorrow Comes is interesting at first. Tracy's time in jail is horrific, and I quite enjoyed reading about her getting revenge on those who had deceived her. But in my opinion the rest of the book is
Avanthika
Dec 02, 2014 Avanthika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The master of unexpected twists & turns, that's Sidney Shelton for you :D
Went on a interesting journey with Tracy Whitney :D Girl, you're amazing. I loved those pages where cute-innocent Tracy transformed herself into sexy-daring criminal :D Survival of the fittest, I call it.
I found myself following her like a shadow in prison, went to places with her to avenge on Joe Ramono, Anthony Orsatti & others. Gunther, Conrad Morgan, Ernestine - You people were icing on the cake ^_^
Jeff Stevens,
Naddy
Apr 21, 2015 Naddy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
"Justice is mine, sayeth the Lord, and I am His Sword and His instrument of vengeance. My life is penance, and you shall help me pay. I am going to pay you"

If tomorrow comes, starts from innocence a perfect life of Tracy Whitney when she was about to marry into wealth and glamour she finds herself in prison framed by ruthless Mafia, then determined to avenge, wanted to start the normal life, which was not possible, give then criminal record :( forced to be con in order to make a living and final
Thomas Strömquist
I was reminded of Sheldon's books through my "feed" here and thought I must add them! As I remember, these were the "50 shades" of their time. Not due to sexual content, even if these is some, but rather the ones you didn't mention reading, or the "guilty pleasures". Also known as: I read this even though I know it's trash"

I'm exaggerating of course, I would never read "50 shades".

But I was quite shocked realizing what amazing average ratings a lot of these books have! I should read them again
Samantha
Apr 17, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all above 16 who enjoy a good read
Recommended to Samantha by: my sister
A great book... can't believe it was written in the 80's! It has all the 'good' ingredients... suspense, mystery, romance... and you never know what will happen next in the book. Amazing twists in the book. This is one of those books that have twists every four lines!
Very cleverly written... amazing plot... my favorite part is the Chess thing!
And hey... Tracy, the main female character is entirely human... she gets sick once, and even experiences fear and sympathy. Not a typical image of a con a
Princess78
Jun 01, 2016 Princess78 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prvo na što sam pomislila već kod prvih Trejsinih pothvata, nakon puštanja iz zatvora, je da bi u današnje vrijeme njena avantura prije završila zbog strožijeg sistema osiguranja od banaka do aerodroma, no šta je tu je. U vremenu kad je pisana, prije dvije ili više decenija, nije bilo toliko pisaca krimi romana. U današnje vrijeme ovaj roman prije važi za humorističan nego za tipičan krimić i da je pisac neko drugi, a ne slavni Sheldon, možda bih mu dala i manju ocjenu. Sve u svemu, drago mi je ...more
Parva Chhantyal
This must be one of the best book by Sidney Sheldon. Very cleverly written. I really loved the adventure of Tracy Whitney. The book ended with possibility of part 2 coming out. I just wish it had :).
Khadijak
Jul 13, 2013 Khadijak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book, for all its greatness, shall not be forgotten.
All Sidney Sheldon's Novels 4 21 Sep 14, 2016 06:17AM
How is the book? 21 113 Nov 26, 2015 12:46PM
What`s your idea on Sidney sheldon`s Work? 63 239 Jun 19, 2014 07:50AM
Anyone know any books like this? 7 81 Mar 08, 2013 08:43AM
  • The Second Lady
  • Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
  • Doctors
  • There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, #1)
  • Hotel
  • Sagittarius (Cinderella, #3)
  • I'll Take Manhattan
Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007) was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist.

His TV works spanned a twenty-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling no
More about Sidney Sheldon...

Tracy Whitney (3 books)
  • Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow (Tracy Whitney Series, #2)
  • Sidney Sheldon's Reckless (Tracy Whitney Series, #3)

“I will survive, Tracy thought. I face mine enemies naked, and my courage is my shield.” 22 likes
“She undressed slowly, dreamily, and when she was naked, she selected a bright red negligee to wear so that the blood would not show.” 20 likes