Start by marking “Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2)

Flyte (Septimus Heap #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  55,119 Ratings  ·  1,454 Reviews
It's been a year since Septimus Heap discovered his real family and true calling to be a wizard. As Apprentice to Extra Ordinary Wizard Marcia Overstrand, he is learning the fine arts of Conjurations, Charms, and other Magyk, while Jenna is adapting to life as the Princess and enjoying the freedom of the Castle.

But there is something sinister at work. Marcia is constantly
Published March 27th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Flyte, please sign up.

Meira (readingbooksinisrael) 'Magyk' is the first book and 'Flyte' is the second book. The books were translated into many languages so try a library first, especially if it has…more'Magyk' is the first book and 'Flyte' is the second book. The books were translated into many languages so try a library first, especially if it has an English section and like Mary said you could buy it on a kindle (or nook) or kindle app (or nook app). And, as she also said, you can buy it on Amazon. Also, Goodreads shows on which online stores you can buy each book. On this book it's Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Audible, Abe Books, Book Depository, Kobo, Indigo, Half.com, Alibro, bOoks, Better World Books, Target.com and Indiebound.(less)
Life of Pi by Yann MartelWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienEragon by Christopher Paolini
What To Read Next
10,790 books — 19,808 voters
Eragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienEldest by Christopher PaoliniBrisingr by Christopher PaoliniDragonflight by Anne McCaffrey
Dragons
1,045 books — 2,036 voters

More lists with this book...

Ann
Oct 01, 2008 Ann rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If you enjoyed Magyk, you should like this too:)
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Another enjoyable book by Sage. I wasn't quite as enthralled with the second book as I was the first (some of the inventiveness and cuteness seemed lacking just a smidgen) but it was still a good story.
I felt it continued the story and plot well, holding fairly true to the characters and flavor of the first book.

I only have a few... not complaints... but rather things that weren't quite up to 5 stars:
I'm still awaiting further explanation of the magical world (though as it's only book two, I'm n
Ahmad Sharabiani
مرز خیال بی انتهاست و برای انسان چون آب برای ماهی هاست، اما بازهم باید مرزهای خیال را توسعه داد. ا.ش
Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2), Angie Sage
عنوانها: فلایت؛ پرواز؛ پرواذ؛
عنوان: سپتیموس هیپ: کتاب دوم فلایت؛ نویسنده: آنجی سیج؛ مترجم: سمیه گنجی؛ تهران، وسعت، 1387؛ در 400 ص؛ سپتیموس هیپ کتاب دوم؛ شابک: 9786005142174؛
عنوان: سپتیموس هیپ: کتاب دوم پرواز؛ نویسنده: آنجی سیج؛ مترجم: پرتو اشراق؛ تهران، ناهید، 1387؛ در 400 ص؛ سپتیموس هیپ کتاب دوم؛ شابک: 9789646205888؛
عنوان: سپتیموس هیپ: کتاب دوم پرواذ؛ نویسنده:
May 24, 2007 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
quirky, most definitely something new to the children's bookshelves. these books show a lot imagination and creativity. dark with light humour in between the nasty bits. i like the way angie sage also uses the phonetic spellings of 'magykal' words to show a distinction between the norm and the wizards. her World is full of adventure, surprises and humour.
ade_reads
Feb 19, 2017 ade_reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makin seru. Keren!
Vonette
Jun 03, 2010 Vonette rated it liked it
I loved the first book, and rated it 4 stars because the characters were so three dimensional. I could really understand their motivations and believe in their personalities. This second book struck me as being put together more hurriedly than the first one. There were a lot of "holes" in the story (why do we never see into Marin's thoughts again after he leaves with Simon? Or even have any clear idea if he DID leave with Simon? why is so little mention given to the fate of the dragon boat at th ...more
Susan
Feb 04, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, fantasy, mystical
What a fun series, I love how all the characters are so perfectly original and surrounded by a wonderful story that just keeps getting better with each book. It is fantastic how there is always new magic in so many avenues of Septimus's young life. Dragons, wolf boys, ghosts, magic all wrapped up in generations of splendid wizardry. Gerard Doyle's individual voices are so good that it is easy to forget that it is just one person. An excellent, clean story for all ages that moves along at just th ...more
Alexa
May 15, 2012 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Review that I posted as a comment in May 2012 because I was a Goodreads noob back then. Now updated to show as an actual review:

An enjoyable read :) Many of plot twist that didn't become apparent to me until just before I read them :P And at the back of the book with the "What happened Before..."s was fun to read :D It's nice to know how the minor characters came about, something you don't always get to know in books :)
Becca
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one, maybe even a little bit more. I loved getting to know all the characters better, and being able to learn more about Angie's world. I, once again, fell in love with her writing, and I particularly noticed, and loved, how she gave everything a "voice". Even the stove and coffeepot in the ExtraOrdinary Wizard's kitchen had minds of their own. It was very fun to read those passages in particular.

The only thing that could be a negative was that this
Kathy
Mar 13, 2008 Kathy rated it really liked it
Flyte picks up Septimus' story a year later than when the first book of the series ended. It's really Jenna's story, too, as we learn more about the Princess. In this one, Simon Heap (Septimus' older brother) is the villian as he kidnaps Jenna, attacks the Dragon Boat and tries to bring back Domdaniel, the evil Extraordinary Wizard. Good continuation of the series and nice introduction to more characters that I expect we'll see going forward. These are nice books for young adult readers - pretty ...more
Cindy
This was a bit slower/less awesome than the first book. It seemed like the entire book was just made up of people not believing anything Sep said, which was frustrating. At some point, someone somewhere has to believe you. I just didn't understand the blindness everyone turned to everything Sep said.

It was nice seeing Sep visit his brothers and see the return of a few of the characters from book 1. Overall, I enjoyed it.
P.S. Winn
Mar 04, 2017 P.S. Winn rated it really liked it
Magic, charms and the incredible wizard Septimus Heap return in book two of a fun series that young adults and adults can love.
Kathy Davie
Nov 13, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: children, fantasy
This is the second in the young adult fantasy series, Septimus Heap. In Flyte, young Septimus takes off on his own to rescue the young Princess Jenna when his brother, Simon, kidnaps her. For no one will believe that Simon isn't just taking her for a ride on his horse. Turns out that Simon is incredibly jealous of Sep's position as the Assistant to the ExtraOrdinary Wizard and fully intends to oust Septimus by the use of Darke Magyk.

Lots of fun, exciting, and scary adventures for both Jenna and
Janie Johnson
Jul 09, 2012 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-challenge
What a magycal read this was. I had read this years ago and it seems like I took so much more away from it this time. I am so very glad that I decide to come back to this series. I really loved visiting with some of my favorite characters again and meeting some new ones.

Angie Sage adds the perfect amount of magic to this story. It allows her readers to become totally immersed in such a beautiful world where magic is real. And as I read it, I can really feel like the magic is real in our world a
Molly
Jan 28, 2008 Molly rated it it was amazing
I've finally broken my streak...I actually liked this (book 2 in the series) the best. This has absolutely never happened to me before! I'm going to have to review some of my other long held beliefs...

Anyway, this is an action packed book which continues the saga of Septimus Heap, long thought of only has Boy 412, but now the apprentice to the most powerful of all wizards. His newfound status, however, has some jealous, including his eldest brother, Simon Heap. Simon aligns himself with the dark
Holland 2010
Oct 12, 2010 Holland 2010 rated it it was amazing
Here is the summary of Flyte and so Septimus Heap is cleaning his library. So he catches six small spiders and lets them out out of the window. Then Septimus finds a big spider and the spider bits his thumb and then Septimus got the spider and then went to Marcia and she gave him medicine and so then the medicine made his thumb worse. Septimus went to the doctor and had to stay in his bed and do nothing for a week. This is my summary of the book. ( only chapter #1) Izabella G.:)
Lori Anderson
Jun 13, 2008 Lori Anderson rated it it was amazing
first read June 17, 2008, second reading 2013, with my ten year old.

These books are addictive! I won't add more than I had a "woah!" moment when I saw the picture the illustrator had drawn for Marcia Overstrand -- I'd pictured her all along as an older, heavier wizard! Boy was I wrong!

Cool book, great series -- on to book three!

Lori Anderson

Lori Anderson:The Store
Lori Anderson:The Blog
Aarifa -Books Will Do-
Aug 22, 2014 Aarifa -Books Will Do- rated it it was amazing
I know u are confused that I liked it, read it and gave up on. Actually I thought this book was really great even though I could not finish it. So that is why I gave it 5 stars!
BJ Rose
Aug 10, 2009 BJ Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, fantasy
What a delightfully enjoyable fantasy series!
Z.K169
May 21, 2017 Z.K169 rated it really liked it
the description of circumstance is enjoyable although it was more imperfect than the rest.
Amra Isović
Vrlo zanimljiva, dinamična puna čarolije kako magijske tako i spisateljske, jedan od serijala koji su mi baš odlični. Ukoliko vam se dopala Ime vjetra i volite Gospodara prstena i Harry Pottera, ovo je pravi izbor za vas, kao što je bio i za mene :)
Richard
Jan 07, 2013 Richard rated it liked it
Shelves: young-fantasy
7/10

The 2nd outing in the Septimus Heap series and it continues a year after the first book following both Septimus and Jenna. It was an enjoyable read without ever really getting to the stage of being hard to put down. It never got into top gear and the plot meandered a little too much for my liking which kept the overall rating down.

There are plenty of enjoyable things going on in this book , the most enjoyable of which was Simon kidnapping Jenna and then the escape that ensues, and the worl
Linda Jaejoong
Feb 23, 2013 Linda Jaejoong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-until-2017
Simon Heap ist auf die dunkle Seite der Macht zu DomDaniel gewechselt. Er möchte seinem neuen Meister helfen wieder an die Macht zu gelangen, damit er allen anderen beweisen kann das er viel mächtiger ist als Septimus. Sein erster Auftrag lautet die Prinzessin zu entführen, was ihm auch gelingt mehr oder weniger!! Nun ist es an Septimus und Nicko ihre Schwester Jenna zu befreien.

Familie Heap ist wieder unterwegs!! Einer auf der bösen Seite, die Anderen auf der guten. Septimus begegnet auch endli
Michael
Feb 02, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it
Flyte, like it's predecessor, is a "boy wizard coming of age" story joined to a "girl princess coming of age" story. But if you've made it this far, you already know that Angie Sage somehow avoids falling into the same tired old tropes of books in either genre. For example, when our princess is kidnapped by a Bad Guye she is fully able to rescue herself, thank-you-very-much. When a magykal creature hatches and becomes bonded to someone in the story, an event you can see coming from hundreds of p ...more
Maria
Mar 14, 2011 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, ya, e-book, fantasy
I like Flyte.

Flyte is a fun sequel. The emphasis on the importance of family is what I liked the most in here. See, Septimus' oldest brother Simon is the villain. Even if Simon tried to "indirectly" kill him a few times, Septimus chose to spare his brother's life in the end. Now, isn't that nice?

I got a lot of laughs while listening to the audiobook. Nico's the most entertaining character! Besides Septimus, his rants and banters are the most enjoyable. And the spells are delightful, especially t
Hannah Steward
Jan 19, 2016 Hannah Steward rated it it was amazing
Flyte by Angie Sage was an amazing and wonderful book. I really enjoyed the action and suspense that was in this book. Also, the word choice of Angie Sage was outstanding!

In Flyte, a lot of interesting things happen. In the beginning, Jenna, the princess, is kidnapped by her brother, Simon. She discovers that Simon is planning to bring back the evil wizard, DomDaniel. Simon thinks that he will be DomDaniel's apprentice. Meanwhile, Septimius is developing more power than he or his mentor can ever
An Odd1
Feb 04, 2012 An Odd1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
"Flyte" (Septimus Heap 2) by Angie Sage is full of: so much imagination, I can only say - read it; and of frustration - disbelief by those supposed to be your nearest and dearest - I know the feeling. Nobody trusts our hero Sep (12ish?): that his eldest brother Simon, now 20 but acts 10, has kidnapped Princess Jenna, 12ish, that Ice Tunnels run everywhere beneath the Castle. Simon has the long-vanished true Flyte charm, can chase them, their Dragon Boat. Chapter prefacing line drawings by Mark Z ...more
Cass
May 09, 2011 Cass rated it really liked it
I stumbled across this series when I downloaded Magyk on my Kindle for free. (just checked and it's not free any more). This second book is as good as the first in my opinion. Septimus Heap is just learning how to be a wizard...actually just learning how to be a boy with a name and not just a number! He is faced with challenges the grown-up wizards have no clue how to handle. But he trust his instincts, and himself and goes forward. Jenna, the princess and adopted un-magykal member of the Heaps ...more
Jashan
Oct 30, 2016 Jashan rated it really liked it
Great book... just wish there was a bit more Magykal action. Also, I think that Spit Fyre should have had a bigger role in the book. Not to mention the continuous change of point of views, which is just annoying. Why did the point of view have to change so much if Septimus is the lead character and the other people are experiencing the same situation as him? To top it off, I think that Jenna and Septimus's siblings should not overtake too much of the story - Septimus hardly ever spends time with ...more
Sheri
Feb 17, 2016 Sheri rated it liked it
Meh. My 10 year old is reading this series and I read Magyck with him a while back so I decided I'd pick this one up too. It is an easy passable read and flows quickly, but I didn't like it as much as I liked the first one. I also read the entire Eragon series since having read Magyck and it just does not compare. Both complexity of plot and language use is much better and challenging for the young reader in Eragon. Septimus feels like it was written for 3-4th graders (instead of 5-7th).

Overall
Robin  The Mockingjay Lives!
Read this book when I was younger. This series holds a dear spot in my heart.
Fantasy Things: Flyte 1 2 Apr 02, 2015 02:39PM
Would you like a Flyte Charm? 13 40 Sep 01, 2014 03:57PM
good book 4 20 Apr 29, 2012 07:26AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions 2 22 Jan 02, 2012 11:28AM
  • Charlie Bone and the Hidden King (The Children of the Red King, #5)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • The Cobra King of Kathmandu (Children of the Lamp, #3)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2)
  • Into the Mist (The Land of Elyon, 0.5)
  • Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2)
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want (Leven Thumps, #3)
  • The Edge Chronicles 2: The Winter Knights: Second Book of Quint
Angie Sage (born 1952) is the author of the Septimus Heap series which includes Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, Darke and Fyre, the final book which is scheduled to come out later in 2013. Also, she wrote The Magykal Papers, an additional book with extra information about Septimus' world. She is also the illustrator and/or writer of many children's books, and is the new writer of the Araminta ...more
More about Angie Sage...

Septimus Heap (7 books)
  • Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1)
  • Physik (Septimus Heap, #3)
  • Queste (Septimus Heap, #4)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)
  • Fyre (Septimus Heap, #7)

13 trivia questions
1 quiz
More quizzes & trivia...
“Use your head, Sep. Loads of wolverines. Hanging around waiting for super. Gtting excited. eating mint blasts. so what do you think they do?'
it must be here. they can't have eaten that... i dunno, Nik, what do they do?'
POO.”
65 likes
“Oh dear," said Sarah anxiously, "I do wish he wouldn't do these silly things."
I'm sure we all wish that, Sarah," said Marcia sternly. "But unfortunately he has progressed rather further than the silly stage. Evil-minded-scheming stage is more what I would call it.”
46 likes