All That Matters

All That Matters (Moretti #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  31 reviews
When a megastore grocery chain threatens to shut down the new boutique bakery Chloe Lawson's worked so hard to establish, she's furious. Her life may not be picture-perfect, but her custom cakes and pastries are becoming the talk of Boise, and she'd like to keep it that way.Chloe needs a champion, and handsome, widowed John Moretti turns out to be it. A high-powered lawyer...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1st 2008)

Tressa
This was a pleasant story. Unfortunately, I didn't quite connect with the main characters. I liked Chloe and John, but I felt "removed" from them. I did like the descriptions of the pastries. The pastries sounded delicious. While Grove Market reminded me of my college downtown, it also sounded much more upscale. The author did convey a wonderfully homey feel throughout the book.
Jodi
This was a sweet romance between a small business owner and the lawyer who is both providing her with advice as well as representing the big-chain that wants to force her out of her lease. The characters are likable, the story flows easily, the romance is heart-warming and the resolution to the business conflict is a good, albeit unrealistic, one. The more interesting characters were the grandmother and her new suitor. Chloe is a baker and when a big grocery chain decides to take over her space...more
Beth Pearson
This book reminded me a little of the movie "You got Mail" with the cute little shopkeeper fighting against the big bad corporatation. Chloe is a likable, real to life character as is her counterpoint, John. Both have made mistakes, continue to make mistakes, etc. The minor characters were just as fun and I liked the subplots of the story. A nice summer read.

The review on the cover called this book a "sweet, family-oriented romance" so I was surprised to have a little sex scene toward the end o...more
Christine Opper bowles
Great book, made me want to eat cupcakes! Lol
Cherry-Ann
OMG! If only life could be this simple. I loved John and Chloe. Two persons from different sides of the track (so to speak) who are hard workers and that is what ultimately seems to be the focus (of course they were both handsome people). Actually loved the kids in this book, normally kids in books and movies are soooo annoying but author represented the teen spirit quite well. No graphic sex and I hope this is not because the couples were more mature (in their late 30s early 40s). All round nic...more
Kelly
This was a nice change of pace from all of the paranormal romances I've been reading. Normal people with problems, imagine that.:D The main characters have some flaws, but they are doing the best they can to work out their problems. I liked that Chloe tried to fight the megastore instead of just taking the money and running. I know you rarely win, but that doesn't mean some things aren't worth fighting for.
Virginia Markhart
Very comfortable read. 40 yr old lady divorced once, meets 44 yr old man who's wife died three years prior. She operates a bakery that is being shoved out by a mega greocery store chain. He is the lawyer trying to get her to accept the buyout being offered. Very nice book.
Shannon Bradley
I really loved this. Some parts struck me as silly but for the most part this was a believable and touching story. I loved seeing the little shop go up against a big corporation and how it worked out. I also really enjoyed a look at how someone might deal with absent parents.
Chris
Sweet book about Chloe and John as they discover each other and develop a relationship. Very PG.

Sub-plot with Chloe's grandmother and an astronaut who opens a shop nearby.

Just ok. I like them a little juicier. This is very tame.
Mandy
This is such a mom book. Maybe not even a mom book. It may even be a grandma book. It’s so bland. The characters are bland. The romance is bland. The story is bland. The writing is bland. This book is too tame to even be chick-lit.
Ernie
Baker Chloe Lawson has to fight against a large grocery chain that threatens her little bakery.JOhn Moretti is the attorney who finds himself trying to protect her. This is a pleasant enough love story. Quick easy reading.
Sandy
I liked the book and would probably read more of this author. I really liked the characters but I think my only complaint would be it seemed like the part with her mom and her seemed to be rushed.
Fedora
As one of the other commenters mentioned, the story was OK, but I found it hard to connect with the characters. I enjoyed many of them, but the story as a whole was only OK.
L8blmr
I really enjoy this author's writing. Her characters can certainly be flawed and sometimes they make poor choices, which lends an air of believability to the story.
Lauren Marie
I read it in about an hour and a half...skimmed parts of it, It's a sweet story. Reminds me of something I'd see on the Hallmark channel.
Perri
This was a very pleasant read! Lots of grit, spunk, and love. The characters come to life, and may bring a tear a few times! Enjoy!
Jeanne
Story of Chloe, a baker, and her lawyer. Her grandmother, Ethel and astronaut are interesting characters. A quick, okay read.
Melissa
Sabetting
Stef Ann Holm- Please write another book! I have enjoyed every book and am patiently waiting for a new one!
Ann (Noumena12)
I'm enjoying this series of books about the Moretti family!! Can't wait for the next one!
Mary
Over all, I liked it. I wish there'd been more of the Moretti family. Maybe the next book...
Kelly
This is my first book by Stef Ann Holm..and definitely NOT my last!!!
Melissa
Started 4-25-11
Finished 5-4-11

Sweet story, easy read and happy ending.
LauraB
A positive feel-good read. I'm adding her other books to my TBR pile.
Samantha
I really really enjoyed this book. It was very good in my opinion.
BethAnn
This was the first book I read hers. I couldn't put it down!
Mary

Sweet story of changing lives.
Lynne
Nice story, quick read and entertaining
Mary Stetter
Quick read. Fun characters.
Caroan
  • Express Male (OPUS #2)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Deadly Deceptions (Mojo, #2)
  • The Butler Did It
  • The Best of Friends
  • Catch Me If You Can (Men of Rogues Hollow #3)
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Cross My Heart (Ty & Hunter #1)
  • Smart Girls Think Twice (Girls Do Or Don't, #4)
  • The McCaffertys: Thorne (McCaffertys)
  • All About Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #1)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • If the Slipper Fits
Stef Ann Holm was born in Southern California near Hollywood. With the fantasy worlds of Disneyland and Universal Studios at her doorstep, her imagination was stimulated at an early age. She attended Chatsworth High where Kevin Spacey, Mare Winningham and Val Kilmer entertained on the school's stage. As a semester elective, Stef Ann enrolled in drama and played a Fandango hostess in the chorus of...more
More about Stef Ann Holm...
Girls Night Leaving Normal Lucy Gets Her Life Back All the Right Angles Pink Moon