Start by marking “Merchandising Made Simple: Using Standards and Dynamite Displays to Boost Circulation” as Want to Read:

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Learn how to use proven retail techniques to promote your library collection, elevate your library's image, draw patrons to your space, encourage them to browse and find new materials, enhance their library experience, and boost circulation. This guide shows you how to create branding through signage, arrangement, and displays; and foster customer loyalty. The authors demo ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Libraries Unlimited

To ask other readers questions about Merchandising Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merchandising Made Simple

Sheri
A lot of this I already know from my bookselling years. I want a "how to" book that shows me how to construct things, create cool effects, and offers lots of (color) pictures of inventive, original and eye-catching book displays. This book, sadly, is not that book. It *is*, however, a library-centered guide to merchandising principles with some display ideas.
Michelle
An older book, and mostly routine ideas... however, it's read-ability and just a few great ideas made it enjoyable.
Diana
Geared more towards public libraries. Quite a few useful ideas - I especially like their CPS system, which merchandises within shelving units. Some good display ideas, although a lot of them were a bit cheesy and geared towards adults. Still, I think I'll be able to adapt a lot of this into the media center.
Tara
Jul 26, 2008 Tara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Library Employees
Jenny and Trish have put together a no-nonsense, straight forward "here's how you you do it" for dynamic displays! I can tell you from personal experience that these techniques will wow your customers, increase your circulation and improve the usability of your library.
Liz DeCoster
Lots of straightforward suggestions and advice. While I appreciated that the authors provided lots of photographic examples, I did wish the pictures were better. They were so dark, it was hard to make out important features such as display titles.
Angela
Great information about library displays. The pictures are difficult to see in black and white. I am going to check out the author's blog to see if I can view the photos in color.
Tracy
Real page turner. But I'm kind of obsessed with book displays at the moment, so relevant for me.
Theresa
Good info for library.
Ellee
Good for new display ideas.
Taufiq
Taufiq marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
RPL
RPL added it
Apr 10, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 22, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Shiva
Shiva marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Rachel
Rachel added it
Apr 03, 2012
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2011
Laura added it
Jul 20, 2011
Merchandising Made Simple: Using Standards and Dynamite Displays to Boost Circulation: Using Standards and Dynamite Displays to Boost Circulation