Start by marking “Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters” as Want to Read:
Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters

Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters

A theoretically unified and pragmatically rich introduction to the concepts, principles, and skills of interpersonal communication in a multicultural society. This text shows how interpersonal communication theory and skills pertain to students' daily encounters with others.
Published July 8th 1998 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published October 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Interpersonal Communication, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interpersonal Communication

Wendi
Dec 03, 2012 Wendi rated it really liked it
I read this book for a class. I found the material enriching for my communication. It emphasizes communication with people as individuals. It is important to do so.
Miriam
Feb 19, 2014 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the full book for my communications class. The way the textbook was written was very clear cut and engaging, an unusual trait for a textbook. However--and this is a big HOWEVER--I found the book to be riddled with typos and grammatical errors. It's hard to take a textbook seriously when the editing is so poor.
Arleta
Jan 06, 2009 Arleta added it
another text book, it is cool to see how I communicate. Some of the things I do I had no clue that I did until I read this book.
Charlotte
Jan 24, 2013 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Considering that it's a textbook for a class, it was interesting.
Teri Beckelheimer
Dec 07, 2011 Teri Beckelheimer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Good textbook on Interpersonal Communication. Well researched and forward thinking.
Mandy
Sep 14, 2015 Mandy rated it really liked it
This was a textbook for my Interpersonal Communication class. Since my major is Communication, I obviously loved what the text had to offer. I really enjoy learning about people, and learning about their relationships and communication patterns was fascinating.
Doug Fischer
Aug 18, 2015 Doug Fischer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I have ever enjoyed a "textbook" as much as this one. While its layout is comparable to one, It doesn't read like a textbook; it is more of a fun, intriguing, and supremely helpful non-fiction book.
Kika
Kika rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Michael Carey
Michael Carey rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2015
Agewen Stifford
Agewen Stifford rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
andrea boznango
andrea boznango rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Erik Robbins
Erik Robbins rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Ann Culler
Ann Culler rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
D'mitrius
D'mitrius rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Juanita
Juanita rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2011
Audrey Terry
Audrey Terry rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Stan
Stan rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Kim Green
Kim Green rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Thom
Thom rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Jer
Jer rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Julianne
Julianne rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Mas Breezy
Mas Breezy rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2013
Cassie
Dec 05, 2010 Cassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Learned so much from this class.
Jesse VanDeWalker
Jesse VanDeWalker rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Julia T. Wood is a Professor of Communication Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Wood's teaching and research focus on gender, communication, and culture; personal relationships; and feminist theories.
More about Julia T. Wood...