Start by marking “Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers (Henry and Mudge, #16)” as Want to Read:
Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers (Henry and Mudge, #16)

Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers (Henry and Mudge #16)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Henry and his dog Mudge put their spy skills to the test in this Ready-to-Read adventure.

With his new spy kit and his faithful sidekick Mudge, Henry is ready to look for clues, steal secrets, and flirt with danger. One of the first things Henry and Mudge find is a coded message...could there be another spy in the neighborhood?
Published February 1st 1999 by Simon Spotlight (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers

midnightfaerie
The more Henry and Mudge books we read, the more my 5 yr old son loves them. There are good solid reading level 2 books, so he can read them to me out loud or to himself and discuss later. Today I really enjoyed watching him read to himself and smiling and laughing at certain parts when I'm pretty sure he didn't know he was doing it. He loves secret decoder type stuff. It's great to see a new reader enjoying books as much as you do as well. So this is high on our list of favorites and we look fo ...more
Kelly Tisdale
This story was an entertaining read because I remember when I had my own spy kit and my best friend would write me spy codes. This story was one that many can relate to about finding a friend in someone who shares an interest. As far as transitional chapter books go I felt the story to be lacking making the read too easy. With some greater detail I fell the story could have became great making me want to purchase my own copy.
Kayla
This was a good read that I think my students would enjoy one day as well. This book was fun and exciting to read. I think the length is perfect for students who are starting to read chapter books. It's long enough that they are challenged but short enough that they don't get bored with the story.
I think the students would enjoy the mystery in this story. I could see them trying to figure out if their was a spy as they read along in the book.
Libby
Another great Henry and Mudge installment--I included this one because my six-year-old has become quite taken with the idea of a spy kit. Also, all three kids thought it was funny that the spy club became known as the "Crackers" (for cracking codes), but that the name also fit because of Mudge's love of the crackers that you eat.
Chak
Jul 17, 2008 Chak rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kid
As with the Mr. Putter & Tabby Books (also by Cynthia Rylant), I don't believe there are enough of these books in the series! My son devours them. Henry and his big, drooly dog Mudge find themselves in yet another *hilarious* situation! Really, that's all you need to know. When your child is ready for chapter books, this is a good place to start.

I would suggest you get these out of the library, because they will pile up quite quickly as you go through them. I want to support Cynthia Rylant
Jessica Latwinn
Again. Meh. Just another book read to tick off a number on my goal count. Kind of surprised there are 28 books in this little series though.
Child960801
Henry get a spy kit and he and Mudge set to work being great spies.
Aaron Alexander
This is a great book for first or second grade students to read. I always love all of the Henry and Mudge books growing up and still think that they are excellent for students to read. With this particular book, you could do an class activity in which you hide various clues around the room. Each clue will have a riddle or question relating to the subject matter you are teaching for this lesson. You can make it into a sort of spy game like in the book with all the clues leading to a final prize.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
The Henry and Mudge books are so good. Rylant really helps us see things from Henry's perspective and brings their world alive. The writing -combined with the pictures- really works well to portray a full message while keeping the vocabulary and length appropriate for early readers.

This one was really cute; Henry gets a spy kit and they play spy.
Dolly
Sep 02, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens, pets
This book also came with a CD of the story, and our girls listened to it twice, back to back. It was an interesting story and I like to have audio books available for our girls when we are in the car. We've read many of the books in this series and will look for more.
Jamie
Very cute book. Never heard of Henry and Mudge books but the boy I watch had heard of them and said they're "famous". I thought this one was great and very cute. Divided up into mini-sections or chapters to get kids used to chapter books.
Jen
Henry gets a spy kit and he and Mudge set out on all sorts of adventures. When Henry finds a slip of paper with a code on it, he wonders if there's someone else trying to send him a message.
Cailean
You can't get much more foolproof than Henry and Mudge. Easy to read, easy storylines, cute jokes for the parents. This is a funny one. Henry wants to be a spy and Mudge helps him.
Morgan Djuna Sorais Guion
I have so many memories early on reading Henry and Mudge books while curled up with a blanket in my brick-block forts. They are very innocent, cute stories that still make me smile. :)
Jessie
Henry and Mudge are back and this time, they're spies!
Kim T.
I really like this series. My kids enjoy it so much.
Althea
ohhh, sneaky! very... mysterious.
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Azu
Azu marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • The Horse in Harry's Room
  • Uncle Elephant
  • Penny and Her Doll
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Biscuit
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly!
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Baa-Choo!
  • Building Our House
  • Fancy Nancy: Fanciest Doll in the Universe
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Henry and Mudge (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Henry and Mudge - The First Book
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Sparkle Days (Henry and Mudge, #5)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Get the Cold Shivers (Henry and Mudge, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge - The First Book Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years