Start by marking “Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House (Henry & Mudge)” as Want to Read:
Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House (Henry & Mudge)

Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House (Henry and Mudge #21)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Henry gets a new tree house—but can his dog Mudge enjoy it too?—in this twenty-first Ready-to-Read book of their adventures.

Henry's Uncle Jake has built him a tree house. Henry loves tree houses, but Mudge can't climb trees. What fun is a tree house if you can't share it with your best friend?
Published December 1st 2003 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House

midnightfaerie
Jun 26, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Another adorable story my 5 yr old read to me that we both loved. A solid level 2 book, it was mostly easy reading when it came to hearing about Henry's Uncle Jack who came to build him a tree house. Henry's the saddest kid around who ever got a new tree house because his best friend, his dog Mudge, couldn't go up into the house with him. Delight yourself as you follow along and find out the solution that allows the best friends to enjoy the house together. I really liked the reiteration of Mudg ...more
Chantelle
May 11, 2015 Chantelle rated it it was amazing
My son and I both thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series and were excited to find out what would happen as we started each one. Because my son was between 5-6 years old (he's an advanced reader) at the time, he easily identified with Henry and loved Mudge because (1) he desperately wanted a dog, and (2) Mudge's goofiness was endearing AND hilarious.

Read Aloud: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Introduces plot, character development, foreshadowing, and use of imagery.

Independent Reading: First or Seco
Kjartan A.
This was a good book with a good story about friendship. I think I would defintely use this book in my classroom, and I think 3-4 year olds would like it!
Josiah Kong
Mar 02, 2015 Josiah Kong rated it it was amazing
I read Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House by Cynthia Rylant. The story is about Henry's uncle building him a tree house. The problem is that Henry's dog Mudge cannot climb a tree, so he can't play in the tree house. I like this book because the funny ending made me laugh!
Tawnie
Oct 06, 2008 Tawnie rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Grades: K to 3 Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Henry’s uncle Jake has come to visit and build Henry a tree house. At first Henry is thrilled but then he realizes that his dog, Mudge, can’t climb trees to join him there. Henry tries to be happy about the situation, but in the end it really isn’t any fun without Mudge. Luckily for him his dad and uncle have come up with a solution to his problem, they put the tree house in his room. The love between Henry and his dog Mudge is great, as Mudge is bigger
Allison
I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you: http://www.indiebound.org
Jessie
Dec 19, 2014 Jessie rated it liked it
Kind of a snoozer for me, although we do get a great definition of the word 'burly.'
Child960801
Jun 17, 2014 Child960801 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Henry's uncle builds him a perfect tree house, but something is missing.
Mandy Robek
Jul 31, 2015 Mandy Robek rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the problem and the solution.
Tiffany
Mar 07, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henry and his best friend Mudge...cute
Jennifer Bean
This book would be good for a first or early second grade reader as the text is manageable and the illustrations help to guide the reading.

Instructional possibilities:

Use during independent or partner reading

Use as a read aloud and have students write about a favorite part of the story and draw a picture corresponding to what they wrote.
Kirsten Cook
Jul 10, 2013 Kirsten Cook rated it liked it
Shelves:
I truly enjoyed this book and the series of books that went along with it, I use to check out the books when I was in first and second grade and read them under the the reading tree at my school library.Once I was able to read with ease reading was a very enjoyable process.
Dolly
Nov 10, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2010
We've read most of the books in this series and have really enjoyed them. This was a fun book with somewhat of a surprise at the end. Our girls loved it and wanted to copy the idea!
Liam
Oct 28, 2008 Liam added it
I Wonder What The Book has in it,bye,i will make more reviews after ice cream.
Jessie
Jun 30, 2015 Jessie rated it it was amazing
I love books about a friendship between a boy and a dog.
ABC
Aug 14, 2009 ABC rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
Henry gets lonely in his treehouse without his dog, Mudge.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
They build a tree house.
Elanor
Elanor added it
Jun 27, 2016
Deb Ford
Deb Ford rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Cailyn Hua
Cailyn Hua rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Candice
Candice rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Tori
Tori rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Readergirl77
Readergirl77 marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Jen Westervelt
Jen Westervelt marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Tommy And
Tommy And marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Loretta Webb
Loretta Webb marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
  • Pearl and Wagner: One Funny Day
  • Partners (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa)
  • Get Well, Good Knight
  • Amelia Bedelia, Rocket Scientist?
  • Fancy Nancy: Too Many Tutus (I Can Read, Level1)
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Baa-Choo!
  • The Berenstain Bears Ride the Thunderbolt
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • Clifford and the Halloween Parade
  • A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • I Knew You Could!: A Book for All the Stops in Your Life
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Henry and Mudge (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Henry and Mudge - The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1)
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Sparkle Days (Henry and Mudge, #5)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Get the Cold Shivers (Henry and Mudge, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)